Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 03-19-2011, 09:52 AM   #76
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Carmelo Anthony Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasi
0-for-5 in the fourth quarter
2-for-12 overall
scored just six points

Let's not act like this is Pringles' fault now.

if Melo showed up this woulda been a W.

Just as much as Amar'e who knows the system had 5 turnovers, and missed a crucial free throw down the stretch.

And let Chris Wilcox beast on him during the crucial part in the fourth quarter, for the tune of 13 and 12.

Yeah I do blame D'antoni as well.

Anyone who has watched Billups since he has come back, can see he is clearly not healthy yet.

No way I allow my starting pg rack up 8 turnovers in which Detroit scored on every single one.

The game was lost by our ENTIRE big three, and the coach who allowed it to happen.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 11:38 AM   #77
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
Just as much as Amar'e who knows the system had 5 turnovers, and missed a crucial free throw down the stretch.

And let Chris Wilcox beast on him during the crucial part in the fourth quarter, for the tune of 13 and 12.

Yeah I do blame D'antoni as well.

Anyone who has watched Billups since he has come back, can see he is clearly not healthy yet.

No way I allow my starting pg rack up 8 turnovers in which Detroit scored on every single one.

The game was lost by our ENTIRE big three, and the coach who allowed it to happen.
This.
Melo got shots only in the 1st quarter.
They gave him ball in the last few minutes even he didn't shoot it almost whole games and they expect he will shoot 10-15 and win the game for them.

Common,he isn't a God.

Melo could score 30-40 every night but D'Antoni always sits him when he is hot and leaves him in when he is cold
How many times did he scored like 10-15 points in the first quarter and played only 2 minutes in the 4th ? Too many.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 12:45 AM   #78
earlofupstate
Good High School Starter

earlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch
This.
Melo got shots only in the 1st quarter.
They gave him ball in the last few minutes even he didn't shoot it almost whole games and they expect he will shoot 10-15 and win the game for them.

Common,he isn't a God.

Melo could score 30-40 every night but D'Antoni always sits him when he is hot and leaves him in when he is cold
How many times did he scored like 10-15 points in the first quarter and played only 2 minutes in the 4th ? Too many.

And MD'A routinely sits him for a looooooooooong time in the 2nd quarter.
Coach's substitution pattern a late game plays he draws up are a little confusing also. I know he's monitoring everyones mpg, but if someone's in the zone, ride them until it doesn't work anymore.
earlofupstate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 05:32 AM   #79
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Melo's adjustment has been popular topic last days in the media.

Here you can find 2 articles about it (Kahn talks about Melo's adjustment and Stoudemire calls out Melo)

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=214254
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 08:40 AM   #80
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

That second article, I think was directed at Chauncey.

Chauncey hasn't hit none of his normal attempts and he isn't pushing the ball at all.

He looks to be hurting still.

Melo was moving the ball when Chauncey got injured.

He was running the point forward.

He got his and he helped other get theirs.

I think Melo bolted after the game because he was so pissed at the refs, he thought he might get a fine.

Bad move though, cause the media gonna spin it no matter what.

But personally I really don't see why Stat is complaining.

He needs to look in the mirror as well, and find out out why he had damn near as many turnovers as Chauncey did, and wasn't boxing out on Wilcox.
Old 03-20-2011, 12:46 PM   #81
knick32
Can barely lace up my sneakers

knick32 has an OK reputation so far

Carmelo needs to tip his hat to someone other than himself.

"Acting like a child is not the way to win over New York.
Becoming a leader is.
Instead of following Amare Stoudemire's lead, and being a team player, Carmelo Anthony is showing a side of himself that is less than superstar-like"...http://saynotocarmelo.blogspot.com/

would like your opinion
thanks
knick32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 03:45 PM   #82
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I think the fact that you have a website dedicated to hating on one person is pathetic and shows that 1. he should care less what you have to think and 2 you're delusional about basketball.Melo plays better D then Amare so why should he be "following Amare's lead".You ever think ppl are pointing fingers at the coach because the coach sucks?I think the general consensus is that getting Melo was a bad thing.That's absolute BS.This is why we get such a bad wrap as fans.Theres no pleasing us and if we run Melo outta town like we did every other star we had,we aren't going to have the opportunity to sign guys in the future.Melo is arguably the best scorer in the game,he's a decent rebounder,he's one of the most clutch players in the league,he'll attract FA in the future and despite criticism of him not playing D or being a winnner,he's taken the initiative to guard the elite team's superstar AND take + make the big shot at the end of the game already.I don't get how Melo gets ripped but Walsh gets a pass simultaneously.We essentially tanked multiple seasons to get LeBron and didnt.Melo should be the guy who was the consolation to save Walsh's job.If not,you essentially threw away seasons to get Amare and a decent role players.If Melo is a "bad move" as some of you are portraying then you better be saying Walsh needs to be fired also.Otherwise,you're a hypocrite.

As for the dodging of reporters,I thought it was overrated when LeBron didnt shake hands and the same with Melo.I like to see a player so upset that they don't wanna be bothered.Who wants to see a player cordial and collected after losing a game?Not me.I look @ Rick Pitino and see him as an analyst a day after losing in the tournament.Its mind boggling.Sure you wanna see good sportsmanship but you know what,Sore losers usually try harder to win!
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 05:43 PM   #83
knick32

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
I think the fact that you have a website dedicated to hating on one person is pathetic and shows that 1. he should care less what you have to think and 2 you're delusional about basketball.Melo plays better D then Amare so why should he be "following Amare's lead".You ever think ppl are pointing fingers at the coach because the coach sucks?I think the general consensus is that getting Melo was a bad thing.That's absolute BS.This is why we get such a bad wrap as fans.Theres no pleasing us and if we run Melo outta town like we did every other star we had,we aren't going to have the opportunity to sign guys in the future.Melo is arguably the best scorer in the game,he's a decent rebounder,he's one of the most clutch players in the league,he'll attract FA in the future and despite criticism of him not playing D or being a winnner,he's taken the initiative to guard the elite team's superstar AND take + make the big shot at the end of the game already.I don't get how Melo gets ripped but Walsh gets a pass simultaneously.We essentially tanked multiple seasons to get LeBron and didnt.Melo should be the guy who was the consolation to save Walsh's job.If not,you essentially threw away seasons to get Amare and a decent role players.If Melo is a "bad move" as some of you are portraying then you better be saying Walsh needs to be fired also.Otherwise,you're a hypocrite.

As for the dodging of reporters,I thought it was overrated when LeBron didnt shake hands and the same with Melo.I like to see a player so upset that they don't wanna be bothered.Who wants to see a player cordial and collected after losing a game?Not me.I look @ Rick Pitino and see him as an analyst a day after losing in the tournament.Its mind boggling.Sure you wanna see good sportsmanship but you know what,Sore losers usually try harder to win!

My blog does not hate on Carmelo. Remember it was created before the trade, hence the name, "say no to Carmelo"...:)

If you read the posts on my blog in detail, like here:
http://saynotocarmelo.blogspot.com/2...in-league.html you would see that.

I would love to cheer Carmelo, and I do when he plays defense. You say he is a good defender. I agree, when he WANTS to be. But that's the thing, he only wants to occasionally. I can't get behind ANYONE who doesn't bust his balls every night. I played ball in high school and there was no way I would give less than 100% in any game. Granted I was not pro or even college calibre, but that doesn't change the fact that either you play 100% or you don't , and he doesn't. I can't relate to him until he does.

As far as Walsh, I don't get your point. We had to "tank" those seasons because Isaiah ruined the team. In my blog, I detailed the whole Melo saga, and how Walsh was pushed into making the deal by Dolan, and that (in my opinion) Thomas was behind it. But that's another story...

Do you like Pat Ewing? After every game, win or lose he'd sit there and answer questions. He never did a moody mope out of the locker room like Carmelo.

All I want is for Carmelo to give 100% on D. That's all.

looks like we agree to disagree.

Last edited by knick32 : 03-20-2011 at 05:53 PM.
Old 03-20-2011, 08:06 PM   #84
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Why no anti-amare thread then.Melo plays WAY better D than Stat.I havent seen Amare try to guard any teams premier player.Were you saying "no to Amare" too? Im not saying Melo is a good defender.Im saying he isn't our worst and when guys like Tyler Hansbrough and Kevin Love was destroying us,it has nothing to do with Melo.Thats on our other superstar.

As for us tanking two seasons.We did not HAVE to do that.Most of Isaiah's players would have expired by now.Walsh didnt even try to put a competitive team on the court.He pretty much told NY fans wait and see.We didnt get LeBron.He knew he blew it.So now I was supposed to be content with Gallinari and Chandler (who is a FA this summer)?Hell no.Bottom line is,our coach sucks.He sucks now with Melo.He sucked when we had Gallo Mozgov Chandler and Felton.I dont get why Walsh and D'Antoni get passes but the guy who just got here gets the blame.I dont recall us having a gr8 record before the trade nor do I remember us ever playing.Im just so tired of NY fans being ungrateful everytime we get someone and running them out of town.I played HS basketball too and I was offered a college scholarship.I know that a bunch of role players arent going to win you anything but a season of moral victories.

What does it matter if Melo doesnt talk to the media? Big Deal.You know what talkin to the media got Pat? It got him shipped out before his time and the media was calling him a monkey and all types of slurs.They also ripped him every chance they got especially for missing that shot vs Indiana.Never mind the fact that he's arguably the greatest Knicks of all time.

Im so sick of some of my fellow NY Knicks fans.We run every star player out of town with our nitpicking and complaining.Never mind that we historically have role players who are glorified bums every year that get PRAISED in the media. Charles Oakley,Jared Jeffries (twice),Charlie Ward,Herb Williams (both as a player and a coach),Chris Duhon and the list goes on and on. Yet we get a guy who's top 5 in scoring and we make him out to be a villian.We had a pg who was pretty much getting the same numbers Derrick Rose is now and we wouldnt even allow him to play.We had a top 10 all time center and treated him like he was some 12th man scrub.

Creating a blog singularly focused on one guy simply shows you vilified him from jump and you're not the only one.You want Gallo back fine.You love Mozgov back....cool.Go be Nuggets fans because personally,I'm tired of seeing mediocrity on the floor and the NY media and commentators blowing smoke up my ass tryna convince me that I should wait around for guys who haven't proved anything when they aren't even the best players on their team.End of the day,Gallo was 4th on the team in scoring.Chandler was underutilized,Felton was irratic and Mozgov had more DNP-coaches decisions than he had good games.I'll pass.gimme the players who can change a game on and off the court.Gimme the players who will attract other talented FAs to sign here.I dont see anyone bangin the doors down to play with Raymond Felton or Timofey Mozgov.

Why not point the finger at the guy who's been bad for years?Mike D'Antoni! You wanna talk about talking to the media.How about the fact that Mike hasn't explained one thing about his defensive game plan since he's been here.How about D'Antoni can't even teach his players defensive principles on what to do on pick and rolls.How about we've given up the 2nd most points in the league since he's been here?But I guess we're supposed to wait for Mozgov and Felton to change that right?

Last edited by franchize : 03-20-2011 at 08:11 PM.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 10:56 PM   #85
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knicks32, I read your entire blog, and you make it clear you didn't want three trade for Melo.

That is all I got from it.

It is really just a rant of everything that Melo does bad.

I do have a question for you......

Do you have a blog about other players as well?

The reason why I ask this is because the only player I see you pointing to being an awful defender is Melo.

Melo has said some things that I don't condone.

I would prefer he be the professional and not air out the dirt in the media, but he isn't the only one doing that.

I wish he would just focus on the game.

Stat has done that all season long though.

1)Using the "we are young" excuse after every loss.

2)Questioning layer heart in the media.

3)Never ever admitting that he needs to get better defensively.

I don't see anything about anyone other than Melo in your blog.

And absolutely nothing positive.

Why didn't you note in Melo's first game, when he hit that crucial bucket against the Bucks late in the fourth, when Stat fouled out due to having no clue on defense, the fans chanting Melo's name, and Stat wasn't cheering for him?

How about when Melo decided to guard LeBron in Miami which both players admitted Melo saying " I got him", most notably forcing LeBron into a bad shot?

How about Melo assuming the point forward role when Chauncey is out?

I don't see Amar'e performing like a "Center", when he is playing the position, but that's not in your blog.

How about Melo admitting he is willing to take less shots (10 was the exact quote), if that's what the offense needs?

That's just a few.

I do think you have a good writing style and you pay attention to detail by your work, but for me personally if all I read is bad, I throw the book away.

It's all negative Melo and virtually nothing positive.

You feel me?
Old 03-20-2011, 11:44 PM   #86
knick32

Quote:
knicks32, I read your entire blog, and you make it clear you didn't want three trade for Melo.

That is all I got from it.

It is really just a rant of everything that Melo does bad.

I do have a question for you......

Do you have a blog about other players as well?

The reason why I ask this is because the only player I see you pointing to being an awful defender is Melo.

Melo has said some things that I don't condone.

I would prefer he be the professional and not air out the dirt in the media, but he isn't the only one doing that.

I wish he would just focus on the game.

Stat has done that all season long though.

1)Using the "we are young" excuse after every loss.

2)Questioning layer heart in the media.

3)Never ever admitting that he needs to get better defensively.

I don't see anything about anyone other than Melo in your blog.

And absolutely nothing positive.

Why didn't you note in Melo's first game, when he hit that crucial bucket against the Bucks late in the fourth, when Stat fouled out due to having no clue on defense, the fans chanting Melo's name, and Stat wasn't cheering for him?

How about when Melo decided to guard LeBron in Miami which both players admitted Melo saying " I got him", most notably forcing LeBron into a bad shot?

How about Melo assuming the point forward role when Chauncey is out?

I don't see Amar'e performing like a "Center", when he is playing the position, but that's not in your blog.

How about Melo admitting he is willing to take less shots (10 was the exact quote), if that's what the offense needs?

That's just a few.

I do think you have a good writing style and you pay attention to detail by your work, but for me personally if all I read is bad, I throw the book away.

It's all negative Melo and virtually nothing positive.

You feel me?

Absolutely. Good points.
let me address..
I have said many times, I am not a Melo hater, just want him to play D!
You have illustrated some times when he played good D.
This is what bothers me about him.
He can be good on D.
He's shown it.
But he doesn't always TRY.
And that's what bothers me.
Let's see him give 100% on D every game.
Then I will cheer for him.
I just want him to give his all.
As I said, I am a defense lover, so anyone that hustles and tries, I give kudos to.

In any case, you bring up some good points. In the future, I will be more fair to him and not jump the gun, saying "same old Melo"...:)
thanks
Old 03-20-2011, 11:52 PM   #87
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knicks32 I am a defense appreciator myself, which is why I favored Chandler over Gallo so much.

And primarily even though I thought Mozgov was raw I killed D'antoni on numerous occasion for not playing him because we need size in the Center spot, not more offense.

But the team as a whole doesn't play good defense, namely our leader in Stat.

He never plays defense, and has admitted recently as to why.

Because he doesn't wanna pick up fouls.

But really though, your blog wasn't bad, it's just too centered toward blaming Melo for everything wrong with the Knicks.

At least that's the impression I got.
Old 03-20-2011, 11:56 PM   #88
knick32

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
Why no anti-amare thread then.Melo plays WAY better D than Stat.I havent seen Amare try to guard any teams premier player.Were you saying "no to Amare" too? Im not saying Melo is a good defender.Im saying he isn't our worst and when guys like Tyler Hansbrough and Kevin Love was destroying us,it has nothing to do with Melo.Thats on our other superstar.

As for us tanking two seasons.We did not HAVE to do that.Most of Isaiah's players would have expired by now.Walsh didnt even try to put a competitive team on the court.He pretty much told NY fans wait and see.We didnt get LeBron.He knew he blew it.So now I was supposed to be content with Gallinari and Chandler (who is a FA this summer)?Hell no.Bottom line is,our coach sucks.He sucks now with Melo.He sucked when we had Gallo Mozgov Chandler and Felton.I dont get why Walsh and D'Antoni get passes but the guy who just got here gets the blame.I dont recall us having a gr8 record before the trade nor do I remember us ever playing.Im just so tired of NY fans being ungrateful everytime we get someone and running them out of town.I played HS basketball too and I was offered a college scholarship.I know that a bunch of role players arent going to win you anything but a season of moral victories.

What does it matter if Melo doesnt talk to the media? Big Deal.You know what talkin to the media got Pat? It got him shipped out before his time and the media was calling him a monkey and all types of slurs.They also ripped him every chance they got especially for missing that shot vs Indiana.Never mind the fact that he's arguably the greatest Knicks of all time.

Im so sick of some of my fellow NY Knicks fans.We run every star player out of town with our nitpicking and complaining.Never mind that we historically have role players who are glorified bums every year that get PRAISED in the media. Charles Oakley,Jared Jeffries (twice),Charlie Ward,Herb Williams (both as a player and a coach),Chris Duhon and the list goes on and on. Yet we get a guy who's top 5 in scoring and we make him out to be a villian.We had a pg who was pretty much getting the same numbers Derrick Rose is now and we wouldnt even allow him to play.We had a top 10 all time center and treated him like he was some 12th man scrub.

Creating a blog singularly focused on one guy simply shows you vilified him from jump and you're not the only one.You want Gallo back fine.You love Mozgov back....cool.Go be Nuggets fans because personally,I'm tired of seeing mediocrity on the floor and the NY media and commentators blowing smoke up my ass tryna convince me that I should wait around for guys who haven't proved anything when they aren't even the best players on their team.End of the day,Gallo was 4th on the team in scoring.Chandler was underutilized,Felton was irratic and Mozgov had more DNP-coaches decisions than he had good games.I'll pass.gimme the players who can change a game on and off the court.Gimme the players who will attract other talented FAs to sign here.I dont see anyone bangin the doors down to play with Raymond Felton or Timofey Mozgov.

Why not point the finger at the guy who's been bad for years?Mike D'Antoni! You wanna talk about talking to the media.How about the fact that Mike hasn't explained one thing about his defensive game plan since he's been here.How about D'Antoni can't even teach his players defensive principles on what to do on pick and rolls.How about we've given up the 2nd most points in the league since he's been here?But I guess we're supposed to wait for Mozgov and Felton to change that right?

More Interesting stuff. But you didn't mention the last second block on lebron that Stat made...:)
Stat may not be the best defender but I don't see him taking plays off like Melo does.

My feeling on Walsh is that Lebron couldn't relate to this old white guy in a wheelchair, and Dolan didn't help.
Who did they have with them? Allan Houston. Nuff said.
Their proposal was whack to Lebron.
Yes Walsh blew it, but give the man credit for building the Pacers into a top club, and he is doing it with the Knicks. Give him another 2 seasons and I believe we will be in the Eastern Conference Championship.

I think Carmelo will eventually become a good defender, but it will take another coach to get it out of him. Agreed, D'Antoni is not the answer for defense, and we all know that. I can't wait to see Mark Jackson in his seat and I think that's a definite possibility, but with Dolan, who knows?

My final word on Carmelo is what I said before...I just want him to bust his balls on D. That's all.
thanks
Old 03-21-2011, 12:06 AM   #89
knick32

Quote:
knicks32 I am a defense appreciator myself, which is why I favored Chandler over Gallo so much.

And primarily even though I thought Mozgov was raw I killed D'antoni on numerous occasion for not playing him because we need size in the Center spot, not more offense.

But the team as a whole doesn't play good defense, namely our leader in Stat.

He never plays defense, and has admitted recently as to why.

Because he doesn't wanna pick up fouls.

But really though, your blog wasn't bad, it's just too centered toward blaming Melo for everything wrong with the Knicks.

At least that's the impression I got.

Nah, I have criticized D'Antoni many times. You just haven't read enough of my posts...:)

If you look at my first post, http://saynotocarmelo.blogspot.com/2...assing-on.html, I gave the reasons that I didn't want the trade from before it was made. Since then, everything I predicted has come true.

So where do we go from here? I don't see the Knicks getting better than the 7th seed which puts them against the Celtics or Bulls. Not lookin' good.

Actually I think the key is not Carmelo or Stat, but Chauncey. If he can play like he did vs. the Heatles, there's a first round shot.

More importantly than this season, I don't know if the Knicks have enough money under the cap to land another star next year, so who can we land as a Center? That's still the main question.
Old 03-21-2011, 12:22 AM   #90
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

I want to address some of this.

I also want to commend you personally for bringing in some good dialogue as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knick32
More Interesting stuff. But you didn't mention the last second block on lebron that Stat made...:)
Stat may not be the best defender but I don't see him taking plays off like Melo does.

I didn't mention the block mainly because I don't view blocking shots as a defensive trait, at least not in the retrospect of how many player today do it.

I believe in the Bill Russell block, block it in the direction of a team mate, so they can have a chance to get the ball.

Anything else, just gives the opponent the ball right back, which isn't a legit defensive play.

Also the defensive sequence ended when LeBron put up the contested shot, with Melo defending.

Quote:
My feeling on Walsh is that Lebron couldn't relate to this old white guy in a wheelchair, and Dolan didn't help.
Who did they have with them? Allan Houston. Nuff said.
Their proposal was whack to Lebron.
Yes Walsh blew it, but give the man credit for building the Pacers into a top club, and he is doing it with the Knicks. Give him another 2 seasons and I believe we will be in the Eastern Conference Championship.

LeBron just was not coming, the plan was set years ago.

The Knicks had to go through the motions, but they knew better.

Most speculated that the Knicks presentation to LeBron was the worst out of all the team who was bidding for him.

How can the team who planned two years for a chance to get LeBron look that bad?

Because he wasn't coming.

i do think Walsh has done a good job, but I can't fully pretend like no one else could have done it either.

There were quite a few teams with cap flexibility.

I think Walsh could have kept the team a little more competitive while dumping salary, just my opinion.

The Nets didn't take two years dumping salary, they did it in less than six months, just like Chicago did.

The Bulls dumped salary while maintaining a playoff team.

Quote:
I think Carmelo will eventually become a good defender, but it will take another coach to get it out of him. Agreed, D'Antoni is not the answer for defense, and we all know that. I can't wait to see Mark Jackson in his seat and I think that's a definite possibility, but with Dolan, who knows?

I think Melo is a good defender now, and we both agree that he can if he wants to.

That's where coaching comes in, and I totally fault D'antoni for it.

But it's something I have noticed on the offensive end that is disturbing with what is happening with Melo.

1)He is being featured in the offense and is being used as a three point line decoy alot more than I prefer to see.

2)Most notable I think he has been told to shoot less, because he has said it recently in the media, and now in the last two games he has barely touched the ball, and has had a ridiculously low shot attempt count.

Quote:
My final word on Carmelo is what I said before...I just want him to bust his balls on D. That's all.
thanks

Which is where I agree, but the leader on the team doesn't do it, and the coach doesn't stress it.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: