Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 03-21-2011, 12:29 AM   #91
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Default Re: Carmelo Anthony Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by knick32
Nah, I have criticized D'Antoni many times. You just haven't read enough of my posts...:)

If you look at my first post, http://saynotocarmelo.blogspot.com/2...assing-on.html, I gave the reasons that I didn't want the trade from before it was made. Since then, everything I predicted has come true.

So where do we go from here? I don't see the Knicks getting better than the 7th seed which puts them against the Celtics or Bulls. Not lookin' good.

Actually I think the key is not Carmelo or Stat, but Chauncey. If he can play like he did vs. the Heatles, there's a first round shot.

More importantly than this season, I don't know if the Knicks have enough money under the cap to land another star next year, so who can we land as a Center? That's still the main question.

I must have missed the D'antoni critique.

I don't see it.

I don't think the key is Chauncey per se, but he will be important to what this team does in the playoff.

I've talked a little about the seed in other threads on the board, feel free to look at those.

I really don't think that Walsh will acquire a "position center", because D'antoni is just not know to play those types.

I can see us getting a burly pf type that can bang in the post.

The CBA is unknown, but if it stayed the same, the MLE would be enough to acquire one , if not not two bigs who have to do nothing but secured boards and defend the post, and have good enough hands to kick out.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 12:10 PM   #92
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Stats block on LeBron only came because Melo forced him into a bad shot against help defense.That being said,one block doesn't make you a good defender.Neither guys are.BUT to have a anti-Melo blog dedicated to not liking the trade shows you don't like the guy and had no intention on giving him a chance.You can't go on a date with a black girl with a tee-shirt that says I hate Negroes and say "I'm not hating.I told her on numerous occassions I liked her booty". Saying you like a guy but you want to see more from him is totally different from making a blog about not wanting him here.Bottom line is our ENTIRE TEAM is underachieving and it's a direct reflection on our coach.To single out a guy who just got on the team and blame him when the fact is we've been mediocre for a decade is unfair and typical NY fan tendancy.I h8 for us to become like Philly fans who are jerks and unappreciative of their star players.

As for Walsh,I'm not giving him a pass for what he did in Indiana.WTF does that have to do with us?Larry Brown did a fairly good coaching job in Philly but stunk it up here.Futhermore,using Isaiah Thomas as a scapegoat still is a lame, punk move by the Front Office.The man is gone!His players are also.Now YOU do something Walsh.Bottom line is,he tanked two seasons and his only saving grace accomplishments (Amare and Melo) were brought in mainly by Dolan and Isaiah Thomas....NOT WALSH! So really all he did was bring in Gallo,TD and Landry Fields and overpay for Mozgov who may or may not be a bench warmer for the rest of his career.I'm not saying I want Walsh fired,but give credit where it's due.Thomas killed us financially but he also helped us out.Walsh saved us financially but he's also dropped the ball in a lot of instances...most recently signing Jared Jeffries and not Earl Barron (who's 10 day contract expires so fingers croooooossed *Freddy Got Fingered Tom Green voice lol)
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 12:16 PM   #93
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
Stats block on LeBron only came because Melo forced him into a bad shot against help defense.That being said,one block doesn't make you a good defender.Neither guys are.BUT to have a anti-Melo blog dedicated to not liking the trade shows you don't like the guy and had no intention on giving him a chance.You can't go on a date with a black girl with a tee-shirt that says I hate Negroes and say "I'm not hating.I told her on numerous occassions I liked her booty". Saying you like a guy but you want to see more from him is totally different from making a blog about not wanting him here.Bottom line is our ENTIRE TEAM is underachieving and it's a direct reflection on our coach.To single out a guy who just got on the team and blame him when the fact is we've been mediocre for a decade is unfair and typical NY fan tendancy.I h8 for us to become like Philly fans who are jerks and unappreciative of their star players.

As for Walsh,I'm not giving him a pass for what he did in Indiana.WTF does that have to do with us?Larry Brown did a fairly good coaching job in Philly but stunk it up here.Futhermore,using Isaiah Thomas as a scapegoat still is a lame, punk move by the Front Office.The man is gone!His players are also.Now YOU do something Walsh.Bottom line is,he tanked two seasons and his only saving grace accomplishments (Amare and Melo) were brought in mainly by Dolan and Isaiah Thomas....NOT WALSH! So really all he did was bring in Gallo,TD and Landry Fields and overpay for Mozgov who may or may not be a bench warmer for the rest of his career.I'm not saying I want Walsh fired,but give credit where it's due.Thomas killed us financially but he also helped us out.Walsh saved us financially but he's also dropped the ball in a lot of instances...most recently signing Jared Jeffries and not Earl Barron (who's 10 day contract expires so fingers croooooossed *Freddy Got Fingered Tom Green voice lol)
I've been going about this dating thing all wrong...
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 12:34 PM   #94
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

lmao
Old 03-21-2011, 10:34 PM   #95
knick32
Can barely lace up my sneakers

For the record, I never told her that I liked her booty,
I said I liked her bodascious ta-tas.

Franchize and Knicks City, I gave you both a lil' shout out in my blog tonight.
Like I said, I give credit where credit is due...:)

http://saynotocarmelo.blogspot.com/2...mblin-and.html

Last edited by knick32 : 03-21-2011 at 10:38 PM.
knick32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 10:57 PM   #96
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

A good read knick32.
Old 03-21-2011, 11:35 PM   #97
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by knick32
For the record, I never told her that I liked her booty,
I said I liked her bodascious ta-tas.

Franchize and Knicks City, I gave you both a lil' shout out in my blog tonight.
Like I said, I give credit where credit is due...:)

http://saynotocarmelo.blogspot.com/2...mblin-and.html

The Knicks have been playing bad for a long while now, even before the trade. Tonight's loss to Boston was totally on the coach in my opinion. They had no idea how to stop the Celtics. The point guards looked completely lost. This wasn't about Carmelo or Amar'e chucking or slowing the offense down with isos. This is the third time we have lost to Celtics, and all three games were competitive where we should have won at least 2 of them. When things like that happen, it is a reflection of the coach.

If tonight's loss wasn't proof that we need a new coach, then I don't know what is.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 11:35 AM   #98
lebob23
38563065 38563065 3

We are going to about this all wrong, we should get La La to abstain from sex with Melo and have sex with me so that Melo will be driven to succeed,
lebob23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 11:51 AM   #99
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Have you seen LaLa....Thats like eating one Lays potato chip.Not gonna happen captain lmao
Old 03-22-2011, 12:36 PM   #100
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lebob23
We are going to about this all wrong, we should get La La to abstain from sex with Melo and have sex with me so that Melo will be driven to succeed,
Like what happened with Tony Parker?

If it worked.....
Old 03-26-2011, 12:07 AM   #101
knick32
Can barely lace up my sneakers

tried to post this in another thread, but it didn't show up...

The ghost of Michael Jordan makes another appearance at the Garden

After tonight's Knick 102-96 loss to the Bucks, Brandon Jennings was asked about why he played so well, and he exclaimed "I love New York". Interestingly enough, the Knicks passed over him in the 2009 draft for Jordan Hill. I'm sure Brandon took delight in doing his own Jordan imitation, though it wasn't Jordan Hill he was channeling.

The Knicks have a habit of making average players look like Michael Jordan. Last week it was Tyler Hansbrough. Tonight it was Brandon Jennings (No disrespect to Brandon). Indeed, he played a great game, even dominating vs. an inconsistent Knick defense. One moment looking like a hustling, energetic solid defensive squad, pressuring, stealing, blocking and doing all the little things required to be great, and the next moment, leaving the middle wide open for a Truck Robinson to drive through.

Not that the defense was to blame for this loss. It was a team loss, as they say in football. The Knicks shot less than 25% in the fourth quarter. Can you really expect to win that way? Meanwhile the Bucks shot 51% for the game, and 50% from deep. This Buck team happens to be the worst shooting team in the league, proving my point of the Knicks being the worst defensive team in the league.

Everyone seems to be coming around to my way of thinking, so, me being the contrarian I am, I'll try to be a bit more upbeat about this Knick team...

I do think the Knicks will still make the playoffs (probably as the 8th seed).
and...
(5 minutes have gone by)
Remember when Shelden Williams really hustled trying to make a block from behind, and almost made the play and showed all that hustle and desire?
Remember when Melo made that steal in the backcourt and scored?
Remember when AC gave the Knicks all that energy off the bench?
Remember when the Knicks had that run at the end of the game?
That was awesome.

For moments at a time, the Knicks can beat anyone, and a game is made up of moments. The Knicks just don't put enough of those moments together to make a difference. They need consistency more than anything.

Consistency in moving the ball around for the open shot, and not going one on four.
Consistency in defensive assignments, and not changing defensive philosophy every game.
Consistency in avoiding mental mistakes, and make no mistake, these Knicks lead the league in mental mistakes. They don't seem to keep a cool head and make intelligent decisions.
and the #1 thing...
Consistency of effort.

Consistency in the basics leads to competency, which leads to chemistry.
And with chemistry, the Knicks can beat anyone.

Without it, Michael Jordan's ghost will be making a lot more guest appearances through the rest of this Knicks season.
knick32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 04:05 PM   #102
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

As much as everyone likes to bash Melo as being the problem with this team, just remember that every year of his career he has led his team to 40+ wins. His first year in Denver he took a team that won 17 games the year before to 43 wins when he got there.

Mike D'Antoni certainly hasn't been a 40 win coach every year of his career.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 10:10 PM   #103
MightyWhitey
Local High School Star

Melo played excellent tonight. His defensive game was beautiful and this proves that he can play defense when he commits to it. He tore down rebounds out of the air from Howard.
MightyWhitey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 10:13 PM   #104
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

A motivated Melo........
Old 03-28-2011, 11:29 PM   #105
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

It sucks that it takes a six game losing streak to motivate our star player, but **** it, he played great. If they could give a consistent defensive effort like that every night, they'd be a lot better off.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: