Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 03-29-2011, 09:27 AM   #106
Jasi
Quality?

Jasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Carmelo Anthony Thread

I must admit that I have seen a lot less NYK games since the trade, for one reason: I'm gonna get married in one month so I'm trying to get rid of the bags under my eyes that come from staying awake very late at night to watch live NBA games.

So I am judging only by a one or two live games and lots of highlights, but it seems to me that Melo:

a) can step up when he wants
b) will probably want to step up in the playoffs

What I DO NOT like about Melo now that I have seen him a little more than when he was in Denver is that he is much more a one-dimensional scorer than I thought.

Is it me or he settles for jumpers most of the times?
Now, his jumper is very sweet so he is still deadly, but I don't like when a player gives up an entire area of the game.
Look at Turkoglu guarding him in one of the first plays in the ORL-NYK highlights. He stays so close to him... he *knows* Melo won't attack the rim.
All he does is that jabstep of his to create a little space for the J.
I'm good with that but think of how many fouls he could draw if he drove a little more into the lanes. Think of how much more open his Js would be if his first step was a constant threat to attack the rim.

Is it just me or do you guys agree?
I'm not hating on him, I love his deadliness.
I just thought he was a more versatile scorer.
Jasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 10:05 AM   #107
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Jasi, you made some good points.

But that is Melo's game, he looks to take the heart out of his defender.

Turk Guarded him well at times, But Melo wanted to hit those jumpers anyway.

Turk don't get most of the fouls he did, had Melo not do that.

What I like about him is that his points are impact points.

Melo shot 17 free throws for the game, you don't get that from not being aggressive.

I wanna see Melo locked in every game, he has the capability.

Now one thing that is very obvious....he does not like D'antoni.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 10:47 AM   #108
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Melo throwin Richardson off him was the highlight of the game for me
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 12:43 PM   #109
earlofupstate
Good High School Starter

earlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasi
I must admit that I have seen a lot less NYK games since the trade, for one reason: I'm gonna get married in one month so I'm trying to get rid of the bags under my eyes that come from staying awake very late at night to watch live NBA games.

So I am judging only by a one or two live games and lots of highlights, but it seems to me that Melo:

a) can step up when he wants
b) will probably want to step up in the playoffs

What I DO NOT like about Melo now that I have seen him a little more than when he was in Denver is that he is much more a one-dimensional scorer than I thought.

Is it me or he settles for jumpers most of the times?
Now, his jumper is very sweet so he is still deadly, but I don't like when a player gives up an entire area of the game.
Look at Turkoglu guarding him in one of the first plays in the ORL-NYK highlights. He stays so close to him... he *knows* Melo won't attack the rim.
All he does is that jabstep of his to create a little space for the J.
I'm good with that but think of how many fouls he could draw if he drove a little more into the lanes. Think of how much more open his Js would be if his first step was a constant threat to attack the rim.

Is it just me or do you guys agree?
I'm not hating on him, I love his deadliness.
I just thought he was a more versatile scorer.

Getting nervous yet?

But back to B-ball, you are right on about Melo, I think from here on out it's going to be, "As Melo goes, so do the Knicks". This is absotively Carmelo's team now. Sometimes guys fall in love with their jumpers. But I've seen Melo take it to the hole and draws fouls pretty much all the time. I'm sure he knows this come playoff time. (If we make it). What is the magic number now? 4 games we have to win to clinch a spot? Correct me if I'm wrong please.
earlofupstate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 12:50 PM   #110
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
Melo throwin Richardson off him was the highlight of the game for me
For me it was his dunk.

It brought an indescribable energy to me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fMgfcm-W1M

When he did that I was almost sure we will win the game.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 11:43 PM   #111
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I feel your pain Jasi.Im getting hitched in about 2 1/2 weeks! Its frantic tryna deal with the last minute BS lol

Though I see benefit in us losing this year,Im glas to see us get this win.Just proves we CAN be competitive against the elite teams in the future.Plus,I thought it was wack how the media and fans have been coming down on our guys.We havent had a superstar since Patrick Ewing and havent had two since the Frazier/Munroe days.We need to stop getting so caught up in meaningless regular season games and appreciate what we have here.We have the chance to build a contender.Let's face it.Even if we won every game since Melo got here,we werent winning any championships this year. Same too if we kept the roster we had to begin the season in tact.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 08:20 AM   #112
earlofupstate
Good High School Starter

earlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this board

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/2011/03/30/2011-03-30_carmelo_anthony_boost_mobile_unveil_128foot_bil lboard_of_knicks_star_two_blocks_.html

Carmelo Anthony, Boost Mobile unveil 128-foot billboard of Knicks star two blocks from the Garden

BY Frank Isola
DAILY NEWS SPORTS WRITER
Wednesday, March 30th 2011, 4:00 AM

C
Carmelo Anthony arrives with wife LaLa Vazquez and 4-year-old son Kiyan (both below) to unveil the Knick's 128-foot Boost Mobile billboard at 33rd and Ninth Ave Tuesday.

Kiyan Anthony always believed his famous father was larger than life but even the playful 4-year-old wasn't ready for what awaited him on the corner of 33rd and Ninth Ave. Tuesday.
"Daddy," Kiyan said, "You're taller than the building."
As big as Carmelo Anthony played for the Knicks in Monday's crucial overtime win over the Orlando Magic, he loomed much larger Tuesday when Boost Mobile unveiled a 128-foot billboard of the All-Star two blocks from the Garden. The endorsement deal with the wireless provider is Anthony's first since being acquired from the Denver Nuggets last month.
But it's not his first Manhattan billboard. His ad for Brand Jordan is on 34th and Seventh Ave., the same spot where there was an ad for LeBron James last season. "It was crazy for me to see the Jordan one," Anthony said. "It was right there in the middle of everything. Then to see this one, I can't really put it into words."
Sitting atop a Grey Line double-decker bus and flanked by his celebrity wife, LaLa Vazquez, and Kiyan, Anthony sounded more optimistic about the future for himself and his teammates. Anthony produced his best all-around game of the season, scoring 39 points and playing with energy and determination defensively. He resembled the Melo from his days with the Denver Nuggets. His movements offensively were crisp and he wasn't taking possessions off defensively either. After hearing for days how the Nuggets have flourished since his departure while the Knicks have struggled, Anthony seemed to play with a chip on his shoulder.
"It comes to a point man where you just want to make it happen," he said. "And I think me trying to figure everything out, being a part of a new system and a new team, new players. I just wanted to figure it out, and last night I think something just clicked. It was a must-win for us and I needed to go out there and lead my troops."
The Knicks are 36-38 entering Wednesday night's home game against the Nets, who pursued Anthony since late September. Anthony had made it clear from the outset that he preferred to be traded to the Knicks and the Brooklyn-born small forward got his wish when James Dolan out-bid New Jersey.
But the Nets came away with a decent consolation prize to say the least. After failing to land Anthony, the Nets stunned the basketball world by acquiring All-Star point guard Deron Williams from Utah. Williams, who has been sidelined with a wrist injury, is expected to play Wednesday night. "I had just seen him at All-Star weekend and we had been talking about everything that was going on and he hit me after that saying, 'Man, as soon as you got off the market everybody was just waiting for Jersey with all their picks to make a move,' " Anthony added. "He said he didn't even know, it happened so quick. It was overnight with him."
Of the four teams - Knicks, Nets, Nuggets and Jazz - Denver has been the most impressive since the trades were made. Anthony said that the Knicks, Nets and Nuggets "should be happy about all the transactions" and feels all three teams benefitted in the end. The Knicks still have a long way to go. They are 8-12 since the trade, and Anthony and Amar'e Stoudemire are still learning to play together. Stoudemire carried the pre-Melo Knicks for 50-plus games, but he is showing signs of slowing down.
Anthony, though, has caught a second wind, and the Knicks are relying on him to score more often. The fans can sense it as well. As Anthony was scoring 11 straight third-quarter points, the Garden crowd began chanting "Mel-o, Mel-o." That's even better than a billboard.
"There's no place better to do it than here, man," Anthony said. "The people here, the fans here, they understand our situation and that this is not gonna happen overnight. They've been great, they're patient with us and they just want to see us go out there and just play hard. Regardless of us making shots, or everybody's playing well or not, they just want to see us play hard like we did last night."
- With Christopher O'Brien
earlofupstate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 12:27 PM   #113
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Guys.

I'm planning to order Carmelo Anthony jersey. (I can't buy it anywhere near).

I went on nba.com and on ebay and checked the size.

It's totally stupid,I was like

How do they measure jersey because I'm sure those numbers can't be right.

I wear XL in my country and my measurements are nowhere near XL,basically I'm nowhere near S.

On nba.com it writes:
SMALL
Chest measurement 102 cm
Front length 79 cm
Back length 79cm

I measured myself like shown on the picture and I got this numbers:
Chest measurement around 90-95
Front length around 60
Back length around 55

WHAT DID I DO WRONG ?
CAN SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP ME ?
THANKS
Old 03-30-2011, 01:00 PM   #114
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

How tall are you and how much do you weigh?.

If ur somewhat slender to medium build thats really all you will need.
Old 03-30-2011, 01:07 PM   #115
Clutch
Stop flopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
How tall are you and how much do you weigh?.

If ur somewhat slender to medium build thats really all you will need.

I am a little bit shorter than 180 cm and I have 77 kg.
I am not fat,I am strong (I am dead serious )

If you want it in American measure units than it's 5'11 and 170 lbs.

Believe it or not,I played at the SG spot for my team .
Because of my weight and strength I even played minutes at PF or C (and D'Antoni wasn't my coach )
Old 03-30-2011, 01:14 PM   #116
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch
I am a little bit shorter than 180 cm and I have 77 kg.
I am not fat,I am strong (I am dead serious )

If you want it in American measure units than it's 5'11 and 170 lbs.

Believe it or not,I played at the SG spot for my team .
Because of my weight and strength I even played minutes at PF or C (and D'Antoni wasn't my coach )
Size number 50, don't really worry about the cm's or anything, we aren't women, it isn't meant to be fitted.

48 only if your worried.
Old 03-30-2011, 01:19 PM   #117
Clutch
Stop flopping

Quote:
Size number 50, don't really worry about the cm's or anything, we aren't women, it isn't meant to be fitted.

48 only if your worried.
Size 50 would be what ?
S,M,L,XL ?
Old 03-30-2011, 01:19 PM   #118
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

It's that time Melo, Lead us Melo, Lead us!!!!

Wonder what are they saying?
Old 03-30-2011, 01:21 PM   #119
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch
Size 50 would be what ?
S,M,L,XL ?
50 is a 2x

48 is xl

Keep in mind these are worn long.

Not being funny, but aren't you on NBA.com's site?
Old 03-30-2011, 01:23 PM   #120
Clutch
Stop flopping

Quote:
50 is a 2x

48 is xl

Keep in mind these are worn long.

Not being funny, but aren't you on NBA.com's site?

I don't get it.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: