Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 04-09-2012, 01:58 PM   #1
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Mike Breen

He has to go! I mean how can you employ a guy who clearly hates certain players and overrates others. EVERY SINGLE GAME it's the same crap. He starts off talking about Melo finally playing D. Then he talks about Baron not being healthy and struggling. Then, he praises Jeffries like he's the greatest thing to the game of basketball since Naismith himself. Then, if Bibby gets in the game, he talks about how he's been contributing in ways that you don't see on the stat sheet. Then he does the same with Harrelson. Then he proceeds to continuously rip Shumpert, Smith and Melo for their shot selection. Melo had 43 points 7 rebs 3 assists 1 blk 1 stl and only 2 TOs. However, Mr. Breen felt the need to break down every shot Melo took that he felt was a poor shot. He even went to multiple angles on the replay. It's a damn shame. Mike Breen is supposed to be our play by play guy but Van Gundy was showing us more love than he was. I also read an article that said Breen was good friends with D'Antoni and was pissed when he left. I'll see if I can find the article.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 02:09 PM   #2
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Mike Breen

I absolutely loved the JVG response after Melo hit that game winning three in overtime.
He asked Breen: WHO SHOOTS TOO MUCH NOW ?

Breen is ok for me,I just hate the fact that he gets way too much excited when opponents make a run or hit a big shot.

He got really excited when Melo hit those 2 threes,I liked that.

1st three: Anthony for three. BANG. That one goes down and the game is tied.

2nd three: Anthony for three. PUTS IT IN. Knicks by 1 with 8.2 remaining.

BANG and PUTS IT IN are his signature calls

Last edited by Clutch : 04-09-2012 at 02:13 PM.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 02:22 PM   #3
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I still miss Gus Johnson. If I were Dolan, or whoever makes that decision, I'd put in the highest bid for him and Raftery to do the Knicks games. I would literally get LP just to listen to them.
Old 04-09-2012, 02:26 PM   #4
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
I still miss Gus Johnson. If I were Dolan, or whoever makes that decision, I'd put in the highest bid for him and Raftery to do the Knicks games. I would literally get LP just to listen to them.
LP always streams the home broadcast so I can get MSG only when the Knicks are playing at home.
Old 04-09-2012, 02:43 PM   #5
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here

Those guys do have horrible shot selection though.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 02:54 PM   #6
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoooter

Probably the lasting effects of being in the previous system in which there is no accountability for shot selection.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 02:59 PM   #7
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoooter

But when a guy gets 43 points and 7 rebs and that's what you're talking about every possession, kinda shows a glaring bias. Kinda like if someone were to comment on this forum when they have a bad game or something negative happens.... oh wait.
Old 04-09-2012, 03:35 PM   #8
Clutch
Stop flopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic
Probably the lasting effects of being in the previous system in which there is no accountability for shot selection.
Great way to blame this one on D'Antoni.

I love it
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: