Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 02-22-2011, 02:33 PM   #16
Rowe
Scoring Champ

Rowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Why?? Why trade Gallo???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic
All I can say is those lines like "greatest shooter ever" and "next Dirk Nowitzki" really oversold allot of people. From what I have seen, he will be a nice player but nothing along those lines.

I agree. I never saw anything which would make me believe he would be a Franchise player, but I saw the upside in him one day being a #2 option in the NBA.

He was still inconsistent with his performances and we'd have been hoping he would take that next step during a summer improving as an all around player.

But I will miss him & Chandler. I loved their potential as players and I liked their games.
Rowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 02:46 PM   #17
bluechox2
#knickstape

bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

i wouldnt mind if we get gallinari back
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 02:47 PM   #18
Rowe
Scoring Champ

Rowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
I don't think this kind of commotion was made over David Lee and he made the all-star team.

I guess its because we all knew David Lee was as good as he was going to get as a player. The 08-09 season David Lee is what he was as a player in the NBA, and we all were pretty much right on considering hes settled into his role as a 3rd option in GS.

With Gallo we didnt know what he would turn into, hes still only 22, and has given us flashes some nights of what he might just be.

On a sidenote lets not forget Gallo is a young 6'10 Italian man in the NY Metropolitan Area who is attractive to nearly every girl I know. Mix that in with having a likable personality with his interactions with the media. Then to top it off he is sometimes flashy & has a swagger to him on the court. Thats a NYC superstar right there.

Just like Derek Jeter, he fit the celebrity culture of New York. Thats why the Nets are probably dying to bring him to Brooklyn.
Rowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 03:46 PM   #19
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Yea either that or a target for a goldigger to cry rape unfortunately.But I agree, Gallo could be a cheap short term solution to the face of the franchise dilemma until they get a superstar.The guy just has "market me" written all over him.He may not ever be the Dirk ppl want him to be but he sure as hell looks better lol. Dirk looks like something out of a Tim Burton movie
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 05:07 PM   #20
MightyWhitey
Local High School Star

MightyWhitey has decent reputationMightyWhitey has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draz
We took our team to a strip club and got stripped down. Oh well Felton was a temporary replacement along with Chandler. Only real loss was Gallo.

Not really. Gallo or Melo???? Who is better??? I think the entire world knows this answer.
MightyWhitey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 10:26 PM   #21
Draz
Like a Baoss.

Draz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I never said or questioned who's better gallo or mello but it's if we were losing something out of a deal it would of been him. If somehow we kept him and worked on getting a legit center that would be really good.
Draz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 05:24 AM   #22
Amigo
Knicks Fan 4 Life

Amigo has an OK reputation so far

Anybody else see Gallo and the rest watching the Denver game standing by the bench? They seem more at ease with being traded than I would have thought they would. I know it's a business but I'm sure they would have preferred to have stayed a Knick and not a Nugget. Then again, maybe they see this as a chance to standout in the league in a new team.

Gallo and Chandler were two of my favs. I'm gonna miss them and wish them the best. I'll cheer for Denver as long as they play for the Nuggets.

I'm still a KNICK, though!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Amigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 06:27 AM   #23
bluechox2
#knickstape

bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

i wish gallo to become a star, he has all the tools to become one...it would be great if he lands on the clippers, must see tv.
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 07:55 AM   #24
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I hope guys would not have expected them to look sad, in front of their new fans?

Felton probably has a chip on his shoulder though.

He was the co-captain.

But he has to realize why he was on a two year deal.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 08:37 AM   #25
earlofupstate
Good High School Starter

earlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
I hope guys would not have expected them to look sad, in front of their new fans?

Felton probably has a chip on his shoulder though.

He was the co-captain.

But he has to realize why he was on a two year deal.

And Denver has said he will be coming off the bench. I bet he's pissed.

http://www.rotowire.com/Raymond-Felt...0401-spnba.htm
earlofupstate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 08:40 AM   #26
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlofupstate
And Denver has said he will be coming off the bench. I bet he's pissed.

http://www.rotowire.com/Raymond-Felt...0401-spnba.htm
They are gonna move Felton, probably not before the trade deadline though.

They aren't gonna have 7.5 mil coming off the bench too long.

I think Karl said only one would start for them.

Most likely Gallo, since that's the hole left open with Melo gone.
Old 02-23-2011, 09:08 AM   #27
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I'm almost sure Felton will be traded if not by the deadline, then this summer.It was clear,even with Chauncey,they want Ty Lawson to eventually become the PG of the future there.I would liek to see Gallo on the Nets or the Clippers.I actually think Chandler would fit in better in the Clippers system though.
Old 01-27-2012, 06:45 PM   #28
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

So has this trade been a total failure?? Gallo is playing like a stud, Mozguv is becoming a solid giant big, Felton, etc..

Worst is we could have signed Melo in the offseason!! Or even better trade for Dwight, Paul or Deron as we would have had the pieces..

When will the Knicks learn?
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 06:52 PM   #29
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickballer
So has this trade been a total failure?? Gallo is playing like a stud, Mozguv is becoming a solid giant big, Felton, etc..

Worst is we could have signed Melo in the offseason!! Or even better trade for Dwight, Paul or Deron as we would have had the pieces..

When will the Knicks learn?
No the trade hasn't been a failure because the history of it is not all written yet.

The guys we had before were barely good enough to get Melo and we had to take on Chauncey's huge money too, no way we could have gotten top 5 players for those guys.

This is the best team since the Ewing days days, let's see what happens by seasons end and bump this at that time.

Now is far too early.
Old 01-27-2012, 08:56 PM   #30
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

I've never seen this much admiration for a player who's never cracked 20 ppg in their entire career. Gallo is having a good year. Yes. But he's getting 17 and 5. He's far from All NBA 1st team. Please get off his nuts. Denver is playing at it's peak. They can't add but so many players and they are a pretty good but not great team. End of the day, with all the "buyer's remorse" bullshit, they only one 1 more playoff game than we did. Teams win rings with superstars and a supporting cast. If you wanna go to the 2nd round and lose every year, then by all means...become a Denver fan. Are thing perfect here? No. But that doesn't mean it was all because of the Melo trade. Furthermore, when playoff time comes and the superstars are playing at their best, I'll take Carmelo Anthony against any other teams star and feel comfortable. Gallo....not so much. Melo has already hit tons of game winners in clutch situations. Gallo has already blown a layup and nearly cost his team the game against us. End of the day, you don't win rings with guys that are just pretty good. You have to look down the line. Teams are going to try and mimic Miami's model and get superstars. I for one dont want to be caught spectating while LeBitch is winning rings, all because I was too stubborn and didn't wanna give up guys that aren't franchise players.

When all those guys were here, we had a complete team and we were only 2 games above .500 We're not too far off that and we only have a shell of a team. Let's focus on the real issues here. Bench depth and our idiot coach.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: