Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 01-28-2012, 08:30 AM   #46
bluechox2
#knickstape

Default Re: Why?? Why trade Gallo???

everyone is forgetting that we felt the same way last year with that team as we are right now. we lost to bad teams horribly (as i remember clearly, we never could put away the celtics) and had half a chance against the elite teams, sometimes we would get lucky if one of gallo and chandler showed up. but i remember clearly gallo showed up probably on average 1 out of every 3 games. chandler had a strong start but regressed halfway through. we called mozgov butterfingers cause he couldnt catch a single ball.
amare was proving last year he didnt need nash, but he never had to prove that he didnt need a pg. and right now we are seeing what amare without a pg does to him.

its easy to say right now we shudnt of traded the farm for melo however we also forgot how we also used to pull our hair with last years squad pre-melo.

i still like our chances right now over premelo squad. next year we add a few vets (ie. nash), one thing i regret is trading gallo isntead of fields. it would have help us immensely this year if we had gallo
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 09:29 AM   #47
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluechox2
everyone is forgetting that we felt the same way last year with that team as we are right now. we lost to bad teams horribly (as i remember clearly, we never could put away the celtics) and had half a chance against the elite teams, sometimes we would get lucky if one of gallo and chandler showed up. but i remember clearly gallo showed up probably on average 1 out of every 3 games. chandler had a strong start but regressed halfway through. we called mozgov butterfingers cause he couldnt catch a single ball.
amare was proving last year he didnt need nash, but he never had to prove that he didnt need a pg. and right now we are seeing what amare without a pg does to him.

its easy to say right now we shudnt of traded the farm for melo however we also forgot how we also used to pull our hair with last years squad pre-melo.

i still like our chances right now over premelo squad. next year we add a few vets (ie. nash), one thing i regret is trading gallo isntead of fields. it would have help us immensely this year if we had gallo
Actually I genuinely liked the team before the Carmelo Anthony trade. My only issue was the team needed to upgrade it's guards and bigs (Toney Douglas and Ronny Turiaf) off the bench.

I felt like that group had a chance to play really well if they improved the spots I just mentioned.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 03:59 PM   #48
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da KO King
Actually I genuinely liked the team before the Carmelo Anthony trade. My only issue was the team needed to upgrade it's guards and bigs (Toney Douglas and Ronny Turiaf) off the bench.

I felt like that group had a chance to play really well if they improved the spots I just mentioned.
I thought pretty much agree with this. I liked having the core of players and seeing where it could have gone.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 04:42 PM   #49
blablabla

Involving Felton in the trade was even worse he had a great contract unlike Billups and was much better in every way.
Gallo would have been great of the bench he's always good for 15-20points
imagine we would have
Felton
Shumpert
Melo
Stat
Chandler(or another Center like Dalembert if Chandler wanted the contract he has now)
6th man Gallo
blablabla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 05:05 PM   #50
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Quote:
Originally Posted by blablabla
Involving Felton in the trade was even worse he had a great contract unlike Billups and was much better in every way.
Gallo would have been great of the bench he's always good for 15-20points
imagine we would have
Felton
Shumpert
Melo
Stat
Chandler(or another Center like Dalembert if Chandler wanted the contract he has now)
6th man Gallo

Melo would be in NJ right now if we didn't make that trade. He said himself that he thought he was going to get traded to the Nets...a deal he would have OK'd. This team presently constructed is incomplete. The one with Chandler and Gallo was pretty much what it was going to be and it was only 2 games over .500

The thnig that gets me is, we gave the Chandler and Gallo tandem years of cushion to gel with Mike D'antoni but with Melo, it hasn't even been a full year yet. How is that fair at all? This team hasnt even had a full training camp yet. This reminds me of the treatment of Obama.He's gotta fix 8 years of screw ups in less than 4. You guys must Republican
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 07:43 PM   #51
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
Melo would be in NJ right now if we didn't make that trade. He said himself that he thought he was going to get traded to the Nets...a deal he would have OK'd. This team presently constructed is incomplete. The one with Chandler and Gallo was pretty much what it was going to be and it was only 2 games over .500

The thnig that gets me is, we gave the Chandler and Gallo tandem years of cushion to gel with Mike D'antoni but with Melo, it hasn't even been a full year yet. How is that fair at all? This team hasnt even had a full training camp yet. This reminds me of the treatment of Obama.He's gotta fix 8 years of screw ups in less than 4. You guys must Republican
And he'd be languishing like Deron Williams is and no one would care. They'd probably be even worse. Then we'd get D-Will and have an elite pick and roll point guard to pair with our elite pick and roll big man and a gigantic trade wouldn't be hanging over everybody's heads and we'd be rolling.

Damn you franchize, and your cruel hypotheticals.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 07:45 PM   #52
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoooter
And he'd be languishing like Deron Williams is and no one would care. They'd probably be even worse. Then we'd get D-Will and have an elite pick and roll point guard to pair with our elite pick and roll big man and a gigantic trade wouldn't be hanging over everybody's heads and we'd be rolling.

Damn you franchize, and your cruel hypotheticals.

Utah wouldn't trade D-Will for the shitty package we had to offer.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 07:45 PM   #53
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

And what's the deal with this "hovering around .500" stuff? If anything that's conservative. And what kind of Bizarro planet are we living on where two or three games over .500 is somehow worse than, what, five games under it?

Old 01-28-2012, 07:45 PM   #54
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic
Utah wouldn't trade D-Will for the shitty package we had to offer.
Old 01-28-2012, 08:48 PM   #55
Rowe
Scoring Champ

Quote:
And what's the deal with this "hovering around .500" stuff? If anything that's conservative. And what kind of Bizarro planet are we living on where two or three games over .500 is somehow worse than, what, five games under it?

Because we were 2 games over .500 and the 7th seed at the time of the trade. We acquired Melo and still got the 6th seed.

The goal was to try to put the Knicks on par with Miami/Boston/Chicago.

We're a lot closer now than we were playing the "Waiting Game" on Free Agents with Amare and a cast of expirers.
Rowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 09:09 PM   #56
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowe
Because we were 2 games over .500 and the 7th seed at the time of the trade. We acquired Melo and still got the 6th seed.

The goal was to try to put the Knicks on par with Miami/Boston/Chicago.

We're a lot closer now than we were playing the "Waiting Game" on Free Agents with Amare and a cast of expirers.
We were the sixth seed. We dropped down to the seventh seed after the trade.

The goal was to accumulate "superstars". This team isn't on par with Miami, Boston, or Chicago, and isn't going to be anytime soon. Although we did beat Chicago twice pre-trade.
Old 01-28-2012, 09:12 PM   #57
Rowe
Scoring Champ

Quote:
We were the sixth seed. We dropped down to the seventh seed after the trade.
We got the 6th seed in the Playoffs.

We were in the 7th seed at the time of the trade.

Quote:
The goal was to accumulate "superstars". This team isn't on par with Miami, Boston, or Chicago, and isn't going to be anytime soon. Although we did beat Chicago twice pre-trade.

The plan also included Chris Paul or someone to star at PG, but Grunwald had other plans with our cap space.

I'm never gonna like Tyson Chandler and I'm gonna hate him when I see him on the sidlines in a suit recovering from his next injury.
Old 01-28-2012, 09:25 PM   #58
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowe
We got the 6th seed in the Playoffs.

We were in the 7th seed at the time of the trade.
We were ahead of Philadelphia. The Knicks were 28-26 before the break, the Sixers were 27-29. You're wrong.

Quote:
The plan also included Chris Paul or someone to star at PG, but Grunwald had other plans with our cap space.

I'm never gonna like Tyson Chandler and I'm gonna hate him when I see him on the sidlines in a suit recovering from his next injury.
Grunwald's a drone. He's no more in charge of personnel than I am.
Old 01-28-2012, 09:33 PM   #59
Rowe
Scoring Champ

Quote:
We were ahead of Philadelphia. The Knicks were 28-26 before the break, the Sixers were 27-29. You're wrong.
Thanks for the clarification.

Quote:
Grunwald's a drone. He's no more in charge of personnel than I am.

Isiah? He's still screwing us while on vacation in Florida?

Dolan's too stupid to waste the amnesty clause on Billups.

Somebody in the FO made that calculated, retarded move for Chandler.
Old 01-28-2012, 09:36 PM   #60
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

It begins and ends with Dolan. He is the Alpha and Omega of the Knicks' futility.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: