Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 03-11-2012, 01:37 AM   #76
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Why?? Why trade Gallo???

I cope with 21 ppg!
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 07:12 AM   #77
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
Why hasnt this thread been closed yet lol
I leave alot of knee jerk shit open.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 12:32 AM   #78
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Worst thread of the year
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 01:30 AM   #79
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here

Your obsession is becoming alarming. Now say something about D'antoni.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 07:59 AM   #80
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoooter
Are you still butthurt that Knicks are winning and playing much better with D'Antoni gone ?

I don't think that even D'Antoni loves himself as much as you love him.
When he gets a new coaching job (I already feel bad for the fans of that franchise whoever that is) will you root for the Knicks or for Dumbtoni's team ?
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 10:16 AM   #81
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I think the irony and hypocrisy of Scooter's statement is that we haven't heard from him at all since Melo started playing better and we began winning.

One thing that is great about us winning without Lin is that the real Knicks fans have risen back to the surface. Denver is in the 8th seed just like we are and Gallo is on like his 4th injury since he's been there. Raymond Felton is still fat and out of shape. Chandler's gradually getting into the groove. Mozgov is coming back from injury and has been sent back to the bench where he belongs. I'd say we still won out in the trade. None of the pieces, while talented, have shown the ability to replicate what Carmelo brings to the table.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 10:21 AM   #82
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
I'll be happy to do it.

Every single win under Mike Woodson has been propelled by defense.

And since this thread is about the trade, it isn't ironic that Melo is playing his best ball under Woodson.

He knows how to make sure his best players get the ball.

What would Mike D'antoni say about this?
Old 04-06-2012, 11:07 AM   #83
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
I'll be happy to do it.

And since this thread is about the trade, it isn't ironic that Melo is playing his best ball under Woodson.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xhulZeZUh0
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 11:48 AM   #84
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

That video is downright embarrassing.

It's a damn shame our team paid that dude 6 mil a season, when he was doing the same crap in PHX.
Old 04-06-2012, 01:41 PM   #85
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
I think the irony and hypocrisy of Scooter's statement is that we haven't heard from him at all since Melo started playing better and we began winning.
I still post.
Old 04-06-2012, 01:47 PM   #86
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch
Are you still butthurt that Knicks are winning and playing much better with D'Antoni gone ?

I don't think that even D'Antoni loves himself as much as you love him.
When he gets a new coaching job (I already feel bad for the fans of that franchise whoever that is) will you root for the Knicks or for Dumbtoni's team ?
I've been a Knicks longer than you have, and am therefore a better person than you.

I just don't like Carmelo - mostly because I have integrity.
Old 04-06-2012, 01:51 PM   #87
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
I'll be happy to do it.

It's not ironic at all. He's actually putting out a consistent effort, instead of loafing around and trying to get the coach fired. If he had been playing like this - like he was capable of all season - the Knicks could a top 3 seed instead of fighting for eighth. But he put himself before the team, and now they have to bust their asses to hold off the Bucks.

He's lost my respect, and that's the only sensible, respectable position to take.
Old 04-06-2012, 02:03 PM   #88
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
It's not ironic at all. He's actually putting out a consistent effort, instead of loafing around and trying to get the coach fired. If he had been playing like this - like he was capable of all season - the Knicks could a top 3 seed instead of fighting for eighth. But he put himself before the team, and now they have to bust their asses to hold off the Bucks.

He's lost my respect, and that's the only sensible, respectable position to take.
Fair enough.

But let me ask you a few questions, and I want your complete honesty.

1) Do you think Melo was the only one who checked on D'antoni?

2) Do you believe Melo did what he was told under D'antoni?

3) Do you believe D'antoni gave a wholehearted effort with the team?

* Everyone else back off, I only want Scoooter to respond first.
Old 04-06-2012, 02:16 PM   #89
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Fair enough.

But let me ask you a few questions, and I want your complete honesty.

1) Do you think Melo was the only one who checked on D'antoni?
Checked out you mean? No, I think he probably got JR and Baron in his corner too. But they looked like they were playing with effort regardless. JR has actually been one of my favorite additions to the team lately. He makes look smart.

Quote:
2) Do you believe Melo did what he was told under D'antoni?
Not consistently, and not with enthusiasm. Always cheating out of position on offense and losing his man on D. Last season, under D'antoni, he averaged 26 ppg on good percentages. This season he was clearly dogging it*.

Quote:
3) Do you believe D'antoni gave a wholehearted effort with the team?
I'd say so. At least right up until the last few weeks when he realized it wasn't going to work with him and Melo. He was looking more and more forlorn on the sidelines. I could buy him checking out when he realized the star player and ownership were both aligned against him.

*I don't like that phrase by the way. Dogs are noble creatures. Just last night I saw some police officers unleash a dog on some dude in the street.
Old 04-06-2012, 03:22 PM   #90
Rowe
Scoring Champ

Rowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Checked out you mean? No, I think he probably got JR and Baron in his corner too. But they looked like they were playing with effort regardless. JR has actually been one of my favorite additions to the team lately. He makes look smart.

Not consistently, and not with enthusiasm. Always cheating out of position on offense and losing his man on D. Last season, under D'antoni, he averaged 26 ppg on good percentages. This season he was clearly dogging it*.

This is surprising coming from you. Glad you're finally coming around.

I believe its unfair to compare Melo's performance last season when he arrived in New York with what we have seen from him this season. You're forgetting he was already 4-5 months in basketball shape playing for the Nuggets before coming into New York. He was asked to adapt into a new system that lacked any sort of 2nd unit or a 6th Man after he arrived. This season with the lockout and all, he started off the season extremely well despite playing out of position in what D'Antoni defined as a "Larry Bird" role. Then came the injuries. He sprained his wrist & ankle and tried to play through it and his numbers began to decline, and then came the groin injury which set him back completely. Looking at how many games Derrick Rose has missed due to his groin injury, it definetly was more impactful on a guy like Melo who already was playing hurt.

Melo has just started to get healthy and get his confidence back, it seems a lot of other Knicks fans(not you Scooter) ignore that Melo was still struggling at the start of Woodson's tenure. I dont believe he purposely went out there to undermine D'Antoni with his struggles from the floor. I honestly believe that he was injured and he didn't bounce back as quickly as anyone hoped.

Quote:
I'd say so. At least right up until the last few weeks when he realized it wasn't going to work with him and Melo. He was looking more and more forlorn on the sidelines. I could buy him checking out when he realized the star player and ownership were both aligned against him.

*I don't like that phrase by the way. Dogs are noble creatures. Just last night I saw some police officers unleash a dog on some dude in the street.
Ehh. I personally think D'Antoni checked out before the season began when they made it be known he was a Lame Duck coach. Bringing Woodson on board was clearly a move to ensure we didn't see Herb Williams coaching this team when D'Antoni did get fired. "Linsanity" saved the inevitable of his termination, but also it highlighted how his system when nearly perfected clashed against our current personnel moving forward. It spawned the whole "Trade Melo for shooters" arguments which were absolutely ridiculous.
Rowe is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: