Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Charlotte Hornets Forum

Charlotte Hornets Forum Charlotte Hornets message board forum

Old 02-16-2011, 02:20 PM   #1
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

onewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputation
Default NASCAR and INDY CAR series

Since none of our Cats are participating in any part of the All-Star festivities this coming weekend, I will be watching the Daytona 500 solely because Danica Patrick will be racing. Normally I follow the Indy Car Izod series. Dwayne and I have gotten to know those drivers and courses over the years--just from TV-!. We did drive up to Martinsville a few years ago for a NASCAR race. It was fun. But the drive back and forth was killer. It took us so many hours to get there from W-S that we ended up doing our tail-gating after the race. Which was really cool because there were atleast a couple of dozen other folks who had the same idea and it was a very sociable rest of the evening. Does anyone suggest that we attend one of the NASCAR races held in Charlotte?
onewickedlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 11:57 PM   #2
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: NASCAR and INDY CAR series

I'm not a big fan of Danica, and not because she's a girl, but because she seems to get a little fiesty whenever she thinks another driver does something wrong, not to mention the media has shoved enough of her down my throat for one lifetime.

As for a NASCAR race, I think you do need to go to a track that has a little more speed. I went to a race in Darlington, SC when I was around 10 and there is nothing like car after car going by you at 160mph+. So I definitely recommend trying a Charlotte race. Don't the Indy guys race there? Or used to?
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 12:35 AM   #3
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

onewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmeh
I'm not a big fan of Danica, and not because she's a girl, but because she seems to get a little fiesty whenever she thinks another driver does something wrong, not to mention the media has shoved enough of her down my throat for one lifetime.

As for a NASCAR race, I think you do need to go to a track that has a little more speed. I went to a race in Darlington, SC when I was around 10 and there is nothing like car after car going by you at 160mph+. So I definitely recommend trying a Charlotte race. Don't the Indy guys race there? Or used to?

I agree that Danica has a real attitude problem toward other drivers when she races. My favorite female driver is Simona de Silvestro and my least favorite is Milka Duno. Duno just seems so full of herself and I don't know why. I'm not sure she's ever finished better than last place. Somewhere I have a list of where the Indy Car Izod series races and I don't remember if there are any races in NC. Strange news re: Daytona. Earnhardt Jr. was supposed to start at the pole on Sunday but he crashed today and now will start the race in last place. Who knows. Maybe it'll save his life.
Old 02-17-2011, 10:15 AM   #4
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

There was an Indy car race in Charlotte about 15 years ago where the wheel came off one of the cars and flew into the stands killing 4 people. They haven't been back since. Tragic.

As for NASCAR, the all-star race is always a fun time.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 04:23 PM   #5
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

I watched yesterday's Nationwide series opener and I have one thing to say: I DO NOT like the new Daytona track nor the necessity of cars having to pairing up like they're performing gay sex. And no I'm not watching today's Daytona 500. Give me the Indy Car Izod series that begins next month! And the NASCAR tracks that we'e used to.

Last edited by onewickedlady : 02-20-2011 at 04:26 PM.
Old 02-20-2011, 09:39 PM   #6
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here

I like the new surface, it's way better than having a 2 hour delay while they patch the track like last year. However, it is strange that that's how the cars run now. Either way, it was a pretty exciting finish.

I do agree with you owl that they need to go back to the old tracks. I think it's stupid that they race Phoenix, Fontana, Michigan, Bristol, Martinsville, and a few others twice a year. Bring back Rockingham and Wilkesboro, NC. Iowa has a good speedway, Kentucky and Nashville have tracks. How about another road course race like Road America? Nazareth, PA. Pike's Peak, CO. Gateway. Myrtle Beach, SC. South Boston, VA.

Lot's of good places to stop at instead of visiting a place twice.
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 09:19 AM   #7
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by onewickedlady
pairing up like they're performing gay sex

rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: