Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 02-22-2011, 07:08 PM   #1
jasonresno
Banned

Default Farethe well, James Johnson.

Traded to the Raptors for Miamis 1st round pick next year.

Hope he gets minutes there and blossoms. One of my favorite Bulls, lots of potential.

Last edited by jasonresno : 02-22-2011 at 07:14 PM.
jasonresno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 07:17 PM   #2
VishaltotheG
Good college starter

Default Re: Farethe well, James Johnson.

How does draft order work for non lottery teams? Just by record?
VishaltotheG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 07:29 PM   #3
dak121
College superstar

I preferred him over Blair on draft night.

I thought that the Bulls wasted the Gibson pick and made a good one with Johnson.

I'm not afraid to admit that I was amazingly wrong. I'm in shock that they somehow got a first for him (even if its going to be around the 30th pick).
dak121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 07:57 PM   #4
Fuhqueue
Pick and rofl offence

Disappointed at the trade tbh, I could handle him being shipped to fill a roster need like SG, but a draft pick just sounds like salary dump (JJ was the 16th pick, this one will be 29th-30th). I thought he was gonna turn into a handy player for us one day, maybe filling in the blanks off the bench. He showed some signs of putting things together in his few early-season minutes, and the stories about him working out with Scottie were encouraging, but since then has only been found next to DNP's. For some reason Thibodeau just hasn't seen him in his plans at all, despite his improvements.

But I will always root for him, he scored the buzzer-beating gamewinner in my first and (so far) only live Bulls game Thanks for the memory James.
Fuhqueue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 08:04 PM   #5
Undisputed
Do. Your. Job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dak121

I thought that the Bulls wasted the Gibson pick and made a good one with Johnson.

I'm not afraid to admit that I was amazingly wrong. I'm in shock that they somehow got a first for him (even if its going to be around the 30th pick).
I am surprised that we got a first round pick for JJ also. Good trade for the both parties, JJ is just taking up a roster spot for no reason really. The Bulls have been good with the draft recently, so they could find a hidden gem late in the first round.
Undisputed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 09:00 PM   #6
ljsbb27
Local High School Star

I like JJ and I still think that he can reach his potential and be an extremely versatile player on both ends of the floor. I didn't want to let him go already, but with that being said I'm not going to make a huge deal about it since he pretty much got nothing but DNP's for us anyway. If Thibs thought he was doing the right thing by barely playing him he probably had reason.

I just wouldn't be surprised if the Bulls regret this one day when JJ gets his shot and proves he's a good player somewhere else.
ljsbb27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 02:16 PM   #7
KelticForce1349
Chicago Bulls fan.

I am a bit disappointed about JJ being traded because like many other Bulls fans, I too thought that he would have become an important and effective player for us. There is no moment as precious as the very moment we are in right now though. After many years of seeing the front office appear both ineffective and apathetic, I am greatly encouraged by the sense of urgency and awareness coming from the Bulls FO.This squad has given Bulls fans everything we could hope for this season, now the players deserve to be given the help they need to be ready for the playoffs. I am anxious to see what will happen by the trade deadline.

Last edited by KelticForce1349 : 02-23-2011 at 02:18 PM.
KelticForce1349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 04:48 PM   #8
Crystallas
Smile, you're on ISH

This was good for JJ.
Crystallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 07:31 PM   #9
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by dak121

I can't think of anybody here who hasn't committed any mistakes, heck, thank God, we are not the GM of the Bulls, or else, I would have traded Taj for Courtney Lee just like that.
My memory might also be failing me, but were you the one who wanted Thibs when they were looking for a coach 3 yrs ago? or was it conanbcrules?
tamaraw08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 08:32 PM   #10
nightprowler10
Bring Back Bogans!

I wanted D'Antoni.
nightprowler10 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: