Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 02-25-2011, 10:22 AM   #16
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Raptors Trivia (which starter has the least blocked shots in the month of February)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCardelle
It can be because he doesn't jump to block the shot
So if 50% of his 4 steals for the month of February were incorrectly counted as steals instead of blocks as Doko concluded through deductive reasoning and scientific calculation, i'm no mathmetician or anything but i'm pretty sure 50% of 4 is 2. Therefore, conclusively, Bargnani should be credited with 2 blocks over the course of the 9 games played in February rather than zero (or an average of 0.2bpg). As you can see, that would make a massive difference.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 11:39 AM   #17
bada bing
College star

bada bing is a pretty well-respected posterbada bing is a pretty well-respected posterbada bing is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Raptors Trivia (which starter has the least blocked shots in the month of February)

Quote:
bada bing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 11:16 AM   #18
lilbeastnani
InsideScoops

lilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputation

He doesn't NEED to block shots, that's why he doesn't block any. Bosh was basically replaced by Ed Davis and Amir Johnson both of whom are pretty good shot blockers, so he does exactly what he's paid to do. Get buckets, and lots of them for that matter. He gives opposing defenses nightmares on a daily basis. Ask Joakim Noah.
lilbeastnani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 11:43 AM   #19
bluerap
Local High School Star

bluerap has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbeastnani
He doesn't NEED to block shots, that's why he doesn't block any. Bosh was basically replaced by Ed Davis and Amir Johnson both of whom are pretty good shot blockers, so he does exactly what he's paid to do. Get buckets, and lots of them for that matter. He gives opposing defenses nightmares on a daily basis. Ask Joakim Noah.

Yeah I'm sure the coaching staff tells Andrea not to worry about blocking shots, rebounding, help d, passing, etc.

I'm sure they tell him all he needs to do is score.

Get real.
bluerap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 12:03 PM   #20
Harrison_Barnes
Local High School Star

Harrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

Just because he scores on one side of the court does not mean he can do nothing on the other end. Maybe if he didn't suck at defense he would average more blocks and rebounds.. and our team defense wouldn't be as big of a joke as it is. Oh and him getting lots of buckets is because he takes lots of shots.
Harrison_Barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 03:03 PM   #21
bada bing
College star

bada bing is a pretty well-respected posterbada bing is a pretty well-respected posterbada bing is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:

u might be confusing the toronto raptors with the harlem Globetrotters.
bada bing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 04:13 PM   #22
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bada bing
u might be confusing the toronto raptors with the harlem Globetrotters.
I'm not sure how anyone could confuse the two.

A. The Harlem Globetrotters are actually entertaining.
and
B. They win most of the time.
Old 02-28-2011, 06:06 PM   #23
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I would be alright with AB if he played defense OR rebounded but he does neither sooo.... I have a problem with him
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 06:15 PM   #24
bokes15
Playoffs!

I would love a guy like Javale Mcgee for this team. He's young (23), he's got the height at 7 feet, tremendous leaping ability obviously, solid help defender, great rebounder, good hands around the basket, and he only gets 26.5 mpg in Washington. Obviously that one is just a dream but if we had an opportunity to make a play for a guy like that i'd definitely look into it.
Old 02-28-2011, 06:32 PM   #25
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation

Javale McGee would be a very welcomed addition to this team. A player like him in the paint is exactly what we are missing.

Edit: been gone for like a week and just read through some threads.. pretty funny things being said around here lately
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 06:36 PM   #26
bokes15
Playoffs!

What would you guys think of a McGee/Bargnani pairing? Just out of curiosity.
Old 02-28-2011, 06:50 PM   #27
bluerap
Local High School Star

bluerap has decent reputation

I'd prefer McGee/Davis/Amir
bluerap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 07:38 PM   #28
bokes15
Playoffs!

My only problem with that would be with McGee being pretty much Tyson Chandler 2.0, I would wonder where the offense would be generated from since all 3 of those guys work best within the cylinder.
Old 02-28-2011, 07:39 PM   #29
Doko
High School Starter

Doko has decent reputation

Quote:

Oh wow, now I get it... in order to get a block you don't have to block a shot, you have to block a shot AND jump... thank you for claryfing that
Doko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 07:40 PM   #30
Doko
High School Starter

Doko has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes15
So if 50% of his 4 steals for the month of February were incorrectly counted as steals instead of blocks as Doko concluded through deductive reasoning and scientific calculation, i'm no mathmetician or anything but i'm pretty sure 50% of 4 is 2. Therefore, conclusively, Bargnani should be credited with 2 blocks over the course of the 9 games played in February rather than zero (or an average of 0.2bpg). As you can see, that would make a massive difference.

that's a 10 point difference in my fantasy league, that's all the difference i need to make the playoffs as the #2 seed
Doko is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: