Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Old 02-23-2011, 10:12 PM   #1
whaley82
High School JV MVP

whaley82 has decent reputation
Default What if Summer..

So I know these are some big what ifs but they are also some very possible what ifs. It can create a very solid team for next year. It all started with the Williams trade and one of my friends emailed me while I was at work with this idea and if it can get pulled off it would be amazing.

And it goes a little something like this:

First thing we need is a power forward and I saw Zack Randolph's name mentioned but hes not a winner, he's more of a stat stuffer but theres not many PF's available yet. Theres a good chance that David West will be opting out of his contract this summer, WHAT IF he does...we could sign him because we will have the cap space and the location the following year as well as an amazing pg to play with, as well as the beginning to a great team. West is perfect for us, can take scoring pressure of Lopez and hopefully Lopez will then get back into form. This would also help keeping Williams, because it shows were building a better team.

The second pick up is Micheal Redd who is a free agent. I know hes been injuried but that also means he should be cheap and if he can come back to even half the player he was he would be a great addition to the sg position and then move morrow to the bench for fire power off the bench.

The third thing is coaching. Hopefully Avery will be fired because I cannot see Williams staying with Avery and his strains on the pg. Just because yo uwerent the greatest pg Avery it does not give you the right to constrain all other pgs because you needed to be. And Who will be his replacement? The newly fired IF he is fired. Byron Scott. He knows how to use his Pg's to there best potential and he has finals experience even though they were loses he has the experience.

I know these are three WHAT IF's but in my opinion they are what ifs that are very possible and create a very solid team that would look like this.

Williams/ Farmer
Redd/ Morrow
James/ Outlaw
West/ Wright
Lopez/ Petro

We need later need to add more size to the team for the front court but its a very good start. I'd just like to hear your opinions and this and how possible you feel it is.
whaley82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 05:13 PM   #2
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >

Nets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: What if Summer..

I agree... I also want to see us get rid of Petro, maybe along with cash to some team like SAC or WAS?
Nets fan 93 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: