Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 02-23-2011, 11:27 PM   #1
MightyWhitey
Local High School Star

Default Good win over the Bulls

Man they had a full staff too. Toronto, especially Bargnani and Derozan, played really good. Nice to see the underdogpull it off
MightyWhitey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 12:06 AM   #2
Harrison_Barnes
Local High School Star

Default Re: Good win over the Bulls

I was glad to see DeMar play well.. but still quite disappointed to see us win. It puts the Wizards 1 ahead of us in the race for #1.
Harrison_Barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 12:38 AM   #3
MightyWhitey
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrison_Barnes
I was glad to see DeMar play well.. but still quite disappointed to see us win. It puts the Wizards 1 ahead of us in the race for #1.

A top 3 pick is what any team would want. You guys could land a really great player still. Don't be the Cavs. Be a team that trys to win.
Old 02-24-2011, 01:57 AM   #4
T-Low
College superstar

Bargnani played like crap. Other than getting his guy to commit the foul, he was forcing shots like mad. I was at the game and it was getting frustrating.

James Johnson did a terrific job. It might not look like it but the guy did the little things to get the win over his former team.
T-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 02:34 AM   #5
BoogieWoogieMan
BTE Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Low
Bargnani played like crap. Other than getting his guy to commit the foul, he was forcing shots like mad. I was at the game and it was getting frustrating.

James Johnson did a terrific job. It might not look like it but the guy did the little things to get the win over his former team.

I kept telling that to my friends and they called me crazy
BoogieWoogieMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 09:38 AM   #6
Dr.Funk
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyWhitey
A top 3 pick is what any team would want. You guys could land a really great player still. Don't be the Cavs. Be a team that trys to win.

I don't want to be the Cavs because I'd never want Baron Davis on my team.
Dr.Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 11:25 AM   #7
MightyWhitey
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Funk
I don't want to be the Cavs because I'd never want Baron Davis on my team.
The Clips make the worst ever decisions. I just don't get it. Watching ESPN (TSN for you cats in Canada) the analysts are shocked and don't understand. Oh well.

Where is Toronto slated in the draft if they were to have it right now?
Old 02-24-2011, 11:29 AM   #8
craigthomasb
College star

johnsons insider knowledge

quick who are we playing next? make a trade for their scrub BC!!!!
craigthomasb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 03:03 PM   #9
MightyWhitey
Local High School Star

How does the draft look this year?
Old 02-24-2011, 03:17 PM   #10
Harrison_Barnes
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyWhitey

I want our team to try and win.. but I just don't want them to actually succeed in doing so. I'd much rather be like the Cavs this season then to be a 10th place team for the next couple years.
Harrison_Barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 07:50 PM   #11
FCardelle
High School JV MVP

One key player was Calderon with 17 assists!!! and a decent defense to Rose who made 8/22 and scored more easily against Bayless.
Another key player was Bargnani who added 8 rebounds and 4 assists to the 24 points, in spite of the hard defense, showing that he is a versatile scorer.
And the third key player was Barbosa with his 13 points from the bench, 9 in the fourth quarter.

These are the three key players in most of the Raptors wins. But of course this forum won't give any credit to the International players.
FCardelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 08:10 PM   #12
jasonresno
Banned

See? JJs not a bad player at all. Just raw.

Congrats on the win. I knew JJ would get his revenge somehow :P
jasonresno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 09:04 PM   #13
Reef
College star

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCardelle
One key player was Calderon with 17 assists!!! and a decent defense to Rose who made 8/22 and scored more easily against Bayless.
Another key player was Bargnani who added 8 rebounds and 4 assists to the 24 points, in spite of the hard defense, showing that he is a versatile scorer.
And the third key player was Barbosa with his 13 points from the bench, 9 in the fourth quarter.

These are the three key players in most of the Raptors wins. But of course this forum won't give any credit to the International players.

LOL, you think Calderon was the reason Rose had a bad shooting game? Did you even watch the game? Did you not see Rose getting in the paint at will in the 4th quarter? It was the help defense from Amir, Davis and JJ that made him miss or get blocked on his drives.

Bargs shot 7-19...ya real good night. 8 rebounds, wow!! He should be averaging AT LEAST that. He's had 1 double-double the entire season. Pathetic. This guy's rebounding is so god-awful pathetic that now we think an 8 rebound night from our starting C is good?

As usual, you ignore Amir, who also had a bad rebounding game but was 8-8 from the field and of course DeMar who took control in the 4th, demanded the ball, and scored the same number of point as your beloved Bargs but more efficiently. Funny how you forget to always mention them as being important.

Last edited by Reef : 02-24-2011 at 09:07 PM.
Reef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 10:14 PM   #14
kmart
No props needed

^
Also Rose went to the line 12 times I believe? So forget about defense of Jose and Bayless they were the reason that our bigs picked up so many fouls.

16 rebounds for Noah 9 of them offensive. . Didn't catch enough of the game to see who is at fault for that one but considering Ed Davis only played 12 minutes it has to be either Amir or Bargs...
kmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 11:03 PM   #15
bada bing
College star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reef
LOL, you think Calderon was the reason Rose had a bad shooting game? Did you even watch the game? Did you not see Rose getting in the paint at will in the 4th quarter? It was the help defense from Amir, Davis and JJ that made him miss or get blocked on his drives.

Bargs shot 7-19...ya real good night. 8 rebounds, wow!! He should be averaging AT LEAST that. He's had 1 double-double the entire season. Pathetic. This guy's rebounding is so god-awful pathetic that now we think an 8 rebound night from our starting C is good?

As usual, you ignore Amir, who also had a bad rebounding game but was 8-8 from the field and of course DeMar who took control in the 4th, demanded the ball, and scored the same number of point as your beloved Bargs but more efficiently. Funny how you forget to always mention them as being important.

i actually saw the entire game. You are right on point with this post. This FC guy is a dumbass whose loyalty has blinded him. This game was all about demar and nothing to do with Bargs. Bargs was pretty awful when it mattered and his 8 rebounds are a freaking joke.
bada bing is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: