Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 02-24-2011, 11:21 AM   #31
MightyWhitey
Local High School Star

Default Re: 1st Knick win with Melo

I think Billups will need to work with Amare in the pick and roll. I like Billups more than Felton and I can honestly say that he is a way better passer than Felton. Which is what Amare needed. Felton and his ankle passes to Amare were just frustrating to watch. Billups, older yes, is a much finer pg.
MightyWhitey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 11:23 AM   #32
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoooter
I don't know man. If the the NBA was disbanded and scattered, and a new league held a draft to pick up all the players, I have a hard time seeing Dwight go lower than three. He took a not very talented team to the Finals and won a game. There were some good players on that team, but nothing you break the bank trying to get. That's more than guys like LeBron and Pau did before they were with their current teams. More than Melo or Durant. Or Steve Nash. Or Amar'e. Or any of the great wing players of the last couple of generations when they weren't playing with Shaq.

I hope you aren't saying LeBron hasn't been to the finals as well, with much less than Dwight.

Jameer was an All-star that year, then they had Rafer Alston who was killing in the playoffs.

Pau got to the playoffs multiple times as well with no one on the team but him, and they won 50 games a season with him.
Nash and Amar'e had multiple conference final appearances which means they lost to the NBA CHAMPION.

Quote:
Dwight makes a team full of terrible defenders into one of the best defenses in the league. Puts up 20+ points a game at almost 60% while playing with a bunch of guys who have no idea how or when to get him the ball. Dominates both ends of the court and improves his game every year. He has flaws, sure, but so does everyone. I would trade Carmelo or Durant or Rose for Dwight, straight-up, in less than a heartbeat. He's better - maybe not as skilled - than all of them.

Well, maybe not Rose. It would be weird to move Boozer down to small forward.

I seriously doubt someone would deal Durant for Dwight or Rose for Dwight.

Dwight is offensively challenged, that's why he isn't always involved in the offense.

Orlando plays the same ball we do, minus the pace.

Quick shots and heavily 3pt dependent.

Dwight is a damn good center, but a top 5 player.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 11:33 AM   #33
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
I hope you aren't saying LeBron hasn't been to the finals as well, with much less than Dwight.

Jameer was an All-star that year, then they had Rafer Alston who was killing in the playoffs.

Pau got to the playoffs multiple times as well with no one on the team but him, and they won 50 games a season with him.
Nash and Amar'e had multiple conference final appearances which means they lost to the NBA CHAMPION.
None of those guys, even if making it to the Finals, won a game. LeBron got swept, and Grizzlies Pau was a 1-and-done guy. Even Shaq got swept when he was in Orlando, and he had Penny Hardaway.

Quote:
I seriously doubt someone would deal Durant for Dwight or Rose for Dwight.

Dwight is offensively challenged, that's why he isn't always involved in the offense.

Orlando plays the same ball we do, minus the pace.

Quick shots and heavily 3pt dependent.

Dwight is a damn good center, but a top 5 player.
Have you watched him play this year? He's not Hakeem, but his offensive game is very solid. He can finish with either hand, has spin moves and counters and up-and-unders. Very much improved. He is always involved in the offense, even if he isn't scoring - defenses collapse towards him, and the rest of the team gets a wide open three. Even so, one of the Magic's biggest problems is not going to Dwight enough. When he gets the touches, he scores 30+ points while still grabbing 12+ rebounds. He needs to improve his foul shots, but he's we haven't even mentioned his defense. He's solid offensively and dominant defensively. Easily top 5. I have him at 2.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 12:03 PM   #34
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
None of those guys, even if making it to the Finals, won a game. LeBron got swept, and Grizzlies Pau was a 1-and-done guy. Even Shaq got swept when he was in Orlando, and he had Penny Hardaway.
I figured getting there was your point, and you didn't know apparently that LeBron did get there, based on your post.

LeBron had much less, it isn't even close.

Shaq held it down in the finals.

He was matched against a team that a seasoned Hakeem and one of the best coaches at that time in Rudy T.

Nick Anderson clearly lost game 1 for Orlando that series and laid eggs completely throughout the series.

3D did nothing as well, could hit any of his hots.

One player cannot win in the finals by himself.

Never happened, never will.
Quote:
Have you watched him play this year? He's not Hakeem, but his offensive game is very solid. He can finish with either hand, has spin moves and counters and up-and-unders. Very much improved. He is always involved in the offense, even if he isn't scoring - defenses collapse towards him, and the rest of the team gets a wide open three. Even so, one of the Magic's biggest problems is not going to Dwight enough. When he gets the touches, he scores 30+ points while still grabbing 12+ rebounds. He needs to improve his foul shots, but he's we haven't even mentioned his defense. He's solid offensively and dominant defensively. Easily top 5. I have him at 2.
We will just disagree here than.

His offense has improved, but wouldn't you think he'd be more polished since he has Ewing working with him?

His offense is 5 feet and in, that's all.

No way he is 2nd in the League.

The pure fact Dwight is a liability in the playoffs due to him constantly fouling, is a problem in itself.

I doubt he sniffs the finals again though if he stays there.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 12:12 PM   #35
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
I figured getting there was your point, and you didn't know apparently that LeBron did get there, based on your post.
That's why I included the, "and won a game".

Quote:
We will just disagree here than.

His offense has improved, but wouldn't you think he'd be more polished since he has Ewing working with him?
I would definitely expect his freethrows to be better.

Quote:
His offense is 5 feet and in, that's all.
He's a center. You want him shooting threes? Mike?!

Quote:
No way he is 2nd in the League.

The pure fact Dwight is a liability in the playoffs due to him constantly fouling, is a problem in itself.

I doubt he sniffs the finals again though if he stays there.
A liability in the playoffs who has led his team to the Finals and ECF in consecutive years. Right. Dwight Howard is a liability in the playoffs. I know about 60 coaches and GM's who would disagree with you.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 06:45 PM   #36
Jasi
Quality?

Kobe
Lebro
Durant

The rest is up for grabs between melo wade howard dirk cp3

Sorry i'm on my mobile so I won't elaborate
Jasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 07:28 PM   #37
Amigo
Knicks Fan 4 Life

Last nite's game was a pleasant surprise. I thought it would have gone worse. it went smooth compared to how I thought it would go down. Melo just got a win as a Knick. The team needs to gel a bit and I see them going far in the playoffs. There is alot of talent on this team now. I'm pleased.
Amigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 08:11 PM   #38
Draz
Like a Baoss.

It went smooth but it could of been much worst.
Draz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 10:59 PM   #39
bluechox2
#knickstape

carmelo is gonna bea a great asset at the end of games, maybe not all games but most close games, he can pull out a win on his own
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: