Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Clippers Forum

Los Angeles Clippers Forum Clippers message board - clippers fan forum

Old 02-24-2011, 08:06 AM   #211
kidachi

Default Re: Clippers Trade Baron Davis and a 2011 1st to Cavs for Mo Williams and Jamario Moon

Next up.. Eric Gordon and a 2nd rounder for AJ Price

Then Blake Griffin for Anthony Tolliver..

and then start rebuilding again..
Old 02-24-2011, 08:24 AM   #212
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Clippers Trade Baron Davis and a 2011 1st to Cavs for Mo Williams and Jamario Moon

So've the Baron Davis buyout talks started yet? They don't (can't, just can't) expect him to do anything good for the franchise, he was just the cost of getting a great draft pick and it's not like they'd be able to do much with the money he'll eat up anyway, not like they would've been way under the cap next year.

I seriously wouldn't be surprised if Davis got a buyout this summer and just retired.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 08:27 AM   #213
leopoldstotch
Book 'em Dan'l

leopoldstotch is popular on this boardleopoldstotch is popular on this boardleopoldstotch is popular on this boardleopoldstotch is popular on this board

3 things:

1. wtf. i wake up to this? i knew there was a good reason why davis wasn't playing last night against the hornets.

2. jamario moon? really? sterling couldn't pull away someone like hickson?

3. i have a good feeling kaman and randy foye are next. sterling is getting rid of his big contracts.
leopoldstotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 08:31 AM   #214
jbryan1984
Good college starter

jbryan1984 is considered somewhat cooljbryan1984 is considered somewhat cool

This trade is getting more attention than Melo and D-Will. Anyway, to that guy ripping into me, I am not trying to down the Clippers. I am simply saying we got the better end of the deal. I think the trade would be a wash if the draft pick was not included, that is bonus for us. As far as calling the Cavs a bad franchise. Cavs.... 20 playoff appearances in 40 years, Clippers...... 7 playoff appearances in 40 years. I'm just sayin.
jbryan1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 08:33 AM   #215
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Wait, Cleveland still has Lebron's trade exception right? Deal a pick to Charlotte for Gerald Wallace (he's still a Bobcat right?) and give them immediate cap savings.

Davis/Harris?/Wallace/Jamison/Hickson. Then next year get Varejao back and have most of those guys on expiring deals/option years. That's...something to hold them over until they line up all their contracts to expire the same time for the most part and Jared Sullinger to take over the team.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 08:40 AM   #216
Kujo
National High School Star

Kujo has decent reputation

I don't get this trade at all. Baron was playing well, after a long stretch of not caring. I expect him to regress in Cleveland.

I can't see Mo forming the same type of chemistry Davis had developed with Griffin.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised. It's the Clippers after all.
Kujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 08:58 AM   #217
d.bball.guy
Heat fan since 2014

d.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Clippers Trade Baron Davis and a 2011 1st to Cavs for Mo Williams and Jamario Moo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctown4eva
See what happens when two knowledgeable, yet prideful, respectful, but competitive, open-minded but passionate individuals come together and reach an agreement?

d.bball.guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 09:17 AM   #218
1~Gibson~1
NBA Finals

1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Clippers Trade Baron Davis and a 2011 1st to Cavs for Mo Williams and Jamario Moo

What's scary to me is that I did this exact same trade on my association on 2k11....but my opinion is that both teams got a good deal out of it. Hopefully we can use that exception to get a wing player like gwallace or sjackson and turn those draft picks into quality players

-still a cave fan
1~Gibson~1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 09:17 AM   #219
Naruto-sama
High School Starter

Naruto-sama has a bad reputationNaruto-sama has a bad reputationNaruto-sama has a bad reputationNaruto-sama has a bad reputation

Barron has 2 more yeears + 30 milllion dollaars left and alwayys knee problems soo maybee its worth unprotect first round pickk
Naruto-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 09:19 AM   #220
Naruto-sama
High School Starter

Naruto-sama has a bad reputationNaruto-sama has a bad reputationNaruto-sama has a bad reputationNaruto-sama has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbryan1984
This trade is getting more attention than Melo and D-Will. Anyway, to that guy ripping into me, I am not trying to down the Clippers. I am simply saying we got the better end of the deal. I think the trade would be a wash if the draft pick was not included, that is bonus for us. As far as calling the Cavs a bad franchise. Cavs.... 20 playoff appearances in 40 years, Clippers...... 7 playoff appearances in 40 years. I'm just sayin.

BAD as in noow, 40 yeear picture is dumbb to bring up
Naruto-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 09:21 AM   #221
1~Gibson~1
NBA Finals

1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
Wait, Cleveland still has Lebron's trade exception right? Deal a pick to Charlotte for Gerald Wallace (he's still a Bobcat right?) and give them immediate cap savings.

Davis/Harris?/Wallace/Jamison/Hickson. Then next year get Varejao back and have most of those guys on expiring deals/option years. That's...something to hold them over until they line up all their contracts to expire the same time for the most part and Jared Sullinger to take over the team.
We still have all of the huge exception and I hope we could turn it into Jackson or Wallace. And we now have two shots at drafting sullinger, we need that kid.
Old 02-24-2011, 09:21 AM   #222
Nelson14
Another All Star Year

Nelson14 has a near all-star reputation hereNelson14 has a near all-star reputation hereNelson14 has a near all-star reputation hereNelson14 has a near all-star reputation hereNelson14 has a near all-star reputation hereNelson14 has a near all-star reputation here

Why the he'll are the clippers helping out the cavs?
Nelson14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 09:23 AM   #223
Nelson14
Another All Star Year

Nelson14 has a near all-star reputation hereNelson14 has a near all-star reputation hereNelson14 has a near all-star reputation hereNelson14 has a near all-star reputation hereNelson14 has a near all-star reputation hereNelson14 has a near all-star reputation here

Who thinks Davis will chuck himself to 20ppg in Cleveland?
Nelson14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 09:26 AM   #224
ctown4eva
Kids at the park dunk on me

ctown4eva has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1~Gibson~1
We still have all of the huge exception and I hope we could turn it into Jackson or Wallace. And we now have two shots at drafting sullinger, we need that kid.

No, we need Derrick Williams more than Sullinger.
ctown4eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 09:31 AM   #225
1~Gibson~1
NBA Finals

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctown4eva
No, we need Derrick Williams more than Sullinger.
Can't argue that. I'm not really a big cBasketball fan. Hopefully we can get both though.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: