Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Clippers Forum

Los Angeles Clippers Forum Clippers message board - clippers fan forum

Old 02-24-2011, 02:27 AM   #46
Done_And_Done
D & D

Done_And_Done is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDone_And_Done is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDone_And_Done is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDone_And_Done is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDone_And_Done is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDone_And_Done is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDone_And_Done is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDone_And_Done is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDone_And_Done is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDone_And_Done is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDone_And_Done is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Clippers Trade Baron Davis and a 2011 1st to Cavs for Mo Williams and Jamario Moon

I'm still scratching my head over the toss in of the first rounder. It just doesn't add up...
Done_And_Done is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 02:27 AM   #47
Dbrog
National High School Star

Dbrog has decent reputation
Default Re: Clippers Trade Baron Davis and a 2011 1st to Cavs for Mo Williams and Jamario Moon

Wait....Baron > Mo + Moon to begin with. Then, ON TOP OF that, they throw in a HOPEFULLY protected 1st rounder. This just.......

btw, I honestly think Baron's going to refuse to play.

Last edited by Dbrog : 02-24-2011 at 02:33 AM.
Dbrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 02:27 AM   #48
Fiasco
latsis4everô

Fiasco has an incredible reputation hereFiasco has an incredible reputation hereFiasco has an incredible reputation hereFiasco has an incredible reputation hereFiasco has an incredible reputation hereFiasco has an incredible reputation hereFiasco has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAWN
Upon first glance i want to bash the Clippers... But they did get rid of Baron Davis massive contract which is on the books for two more seasons after this one. Moons is done this season and next year they'll have Mo Williams as a 9.3 million dollar expirerer.

Time will tell if this was a bad move, but Im gonna try and give them the benefit of the doubt for now.

Never give the Clippers the benefit of the doubt.

Ever.
Fiasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 02:28 AM   #49
BALLin01
Local High School Star

BALLin01 has decent reputationBALLin01 has decent reputation

Why throw in a first rounder?

BALLin01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 02:28 AM   #50
Rose
nanu nanu

Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

As I intend on being the new age Bill Simmons one day...I'm starting my petition to manage the Clippers now!

and on a more interesting note...they get LeBron an all star...right after he leaves.
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 02:29 AM   #51
Gundress
Banned

Gundress has a terrific reputationGundress has a terrific reputationGundress has a terrific reputationGundress has a terrific reputationGundress has a terrific reputationGundress has a terrific reputation

WTF IS THIS?

WHY CLIPPERS?

1st Round Pick?.......

Feel sorry for Baron Davis, he's going to get mad as hell and upset worst than Deron Williams.
Gundress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 02:30 AM   #52
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere

chains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAWN
Upon first glance i want to bash the Clippers... But they did get rid of Baron Davis massive contract which is on the books for two more seasons after this one. Moons is done this season and next year they'll have Mo Williams as a 9.3 million dollar expirerer.

Time will tell if this was a bad move, but Im gonna try and give them the benefit of the doubt for now.
I totally agree with this, it's too early to tell if it's a good or bad trade for the Clippers. It's not like they can't wait another season to make the playoffs.
That said, they should have avoided trading that 1st round pick.
chains5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 02:31 AM   #53
TrueRob
Local High School Star

TrueRob has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Done_And_Done
I'm still scratching my head over the toss in of the first rounder. It just doesn't add up...

This.
TrueRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 02:31 AM   #54
csklmf
Kids at the park dunk on me

csklmf has not been impressing people

God Bless you, Baron Davis. Griffin is going to miss your alleyoop feed, which Mo Williams wont be able to do.
csklmf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 02:32 AM   #55
GatorKid117
Oh the Bealsanity

GatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose
As I intend on being the new age Bill Simmons one day...I'm starting my petition to manage the Clippers now!

and on a more interesting note...they get LeBron an all star...right after he leaves.

Good luck bro, you'd have my support!

And man, I feel for Clipper fans. Baron has been straight balling lately and for his reward he gets traded to the worst team in the league for Mo Williams? Jeeze. This is the first time in years the Clippers have been somewhat competitive; why you throw that all away is beyond me
GatorKid117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 02:33 AM   #56
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

When I saw this thread title, I thought it was a mindless, baseless rumor with no link that I was going to have to delete. It turns out that this actually looks like it has happened...

http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index...._cavalier.html

Right now, the Clippers would be picking No. 8 if the ping-pong balls fell the way that they are projected. I could have never imagined in a million years that we would get a lottery pick for Mo, especially since he is signed through 2013 (same as Baron).

Masterful work by Chris Grant if proven true. I will miss Mo, but this is too good to pass up.

Clippers' fans... I know you will be disappointed, but I bet you like Mo a lot more than you think right now. He is going to get a lot of open looks in that offense and he can absolutely fill it up when given some room.

Moon will be a nice little expirer soon. It really isn't an atrocious move for LA.

Things are looking much better today for the Cavs than they were yesterday... We've kept Sessions, which was key for me (a lot of teams were after him) and acquired another first-round pick... Possibly in the lottery.

Good stuff.

Last edited by RedBlackAttack : 02-24-2011 at 02:36 AM.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 02:34 AM   #57
Nash-tastic
Great college starter

Nash-tastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNash-tastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNash-tastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNash-tastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNash-tastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNash-tastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNash-tastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNash-tastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNash-tastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNash-tastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNash-tastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Doesn't Baron and Griffin have great chemistry now?
Nash-tastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 02:35 AM   #58
BALLin01
Local High School Star

BALLin01 has decent reputationBALLin01 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash-tastic
Doesn't Baron and Griffin have great chemistry now?

Baron's been leading this team the past couple of weeks. But of course..they're the Clippers...
BALLin01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 02:37 AM   #59
TrueRob
Local High School Star

TrueRob has no real reputation yet.

I can get over the loss of Baron, it's the 1st rounder that makes me go It's like Sterling had a burning desire to get rid of Baron.
TrueRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 02:37 AM   #60
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Done_And_Done
The Cavs wouldn't give up Mo and a $3 million expirer for Baron's awful contract. I'm surprised that the Clips agreed to it, but Baron for Mo/Moon would have been far worse in their favor than this is in our favor.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: