Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Clippers Forum

Los Angeles Clippers Forum Clippers message board - clippers fan forum

Old 12-06-2010, 11:09 AM   #1
clipps
Good college starter

Default What the @#&$ is wrong with the Clippers.

The players are good, and they've beaten the Spurs and Hornets. But they have 17 losses. Why are they this bad. Do they just not care?
clipps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 05:34 AM   #2
ZeN
RichardRiderLives

Default Re: What the @#&$ is wrong with the Clippers.

last nights game against the lakers was a freakin heartbreaker..
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 02:04 PM   #3
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

They can compete with great teams, but they are still very young, inexperienced and have difficulty closing games. They almost blew the game against Sac and they blew a double digit lead in the the last game. Turnovers and execution are two things they need to work on down the stretch. That will come with experience. It was a loss last night, but you can live with the energy they played with overall
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 04:42 PM   #4
manilavice
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Mostly inexperience players and free throws. Games against Utah, Wolves, Suns, and last night Lakers are ones they should've but couldn't win. Still fun to watch though.

Also, Did Blake look tired & sometimes frustrated he wasn't getting the ball enough last night?
manilavice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 07:30 PM   #5
Al Thornton
the mind is so complex

kids can't beat grown men. if baron/butler/gomes/smith/kaman were in that game last night they probably could have finished it out. vinny is more worried about improving the team and not winning meaningless games. he tried playing baron huge minutes early in the year, he tried winning games, it didn't happen with those guys. last nights game was a great learning experience for these guys.
Al Thornton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 11:25 PM   #6
Crown&Coke
Stay Strong Droth

Clipper fans, I need to turn the corner. I am a Lakers fan, but being in LA I got to watch a lot of the Clippers. When I was just a kid, still wet behind the ears, the first bball game I went to was Clippers vs Vancouver Grizzlies. I went to get a Maurice Talyor autograph on my Michigan bball card ,and to ask Keith Closs if he was really 7'3", or as my buddy was saying 7'5" lol, he was shooting 3's like 30 mins before the game but the security didn't let me go down there, and it was downhill from there.

I used to like the Clippers, ya know, like... want them to succeed. But as I've grown, I have seen how it is/was with that team, and I have lost my way. I truly think LA is good for the Clippers and vice versa, and I love the young guys, especially the two building blocks, those guys are amazing. I do b&m about them, buts thats probably just to argue, I really feel they are better than advertised.

Keep your head up, hopefully the league will smarten up and take over the Clippers. Sterling is too smart for that, but they have a strong young nucleus, and nice veterans. They didn't sign bad contracts this past offseason, we like to say because no one wanted to go to the Clips, but the only reason to spend major $ this past offseason was to reel in a big fish, and we saw how that went.
Crown&Coke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 06:07 AM   #7
ZeN
RichardRiderLives

Clippers are so bad that even Q.Rich abandoned them.. wow..
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 06:11 AM   #8
dab0yech0
3 Ball like Piatkowski

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeN
Clippers are so bad that even Q.Rich abandoned them.. wow..

He moved to Arizona with his GF, he was supposed to come back on Thursday and we were gonna hoop but havent heard from him.
dab0yech0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 11:13 AM   #9
idizzle
Good college starter

I don't know why the NBA doesn't make Donald Sterling sell the Clippers to someone who wants a team and will bring a winning culture to it. He's been taunting Baron Davis on the sidelines. This isn't the first time he has hackled players.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slu...clippers121210

Last edited by idizzle : 12-13-2010 at 11:24 AM.
idizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 12:17 PM   #10
ClipperRevival
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Basketball is a team game. That means the pieces on the floor have to complement each other. It will take time for them to get to know each other and know what each player's tendencies are and what they best excel at. The talent is definitely there though, i mean big time now with the addition of Mo Williams and the return of Gordon. I love our starting 5 to death outside of SF Gomes. Also love our bench.

But getting to that next level will require this team to play much better team basketball. Less turnovers, better execution, better defense, consistency, etc. All of the markings of great teams. Talent alone does not guarantee anything in basketball, it's how the pieces you have play together.
ClipperRevival is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: