Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Denver Nuggets Forum

Denver Nuggets Forum Denver Nuggets forum - Denver Nuggets message board

Old 10-01-2010, 05:55 AM   #1
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.

Default Anyone else upset?

I like Melo. I'd like for him to stay. That being said I think Denver's making a big mistake

-Denver flames out in the playoffs .. he's gone
- Denver doesn't have good playoff position you know the front office is going to deal Melo at the deadline. We basically add how many more wins? What's the point? For half a season? I'd rather start losing now to get higher picks instead of basically putting things on pause for a year.

Denver has to many health concerns to roll the dice. Nene\K-Mart\Birdman can go down anytime for any length and would anybody really be surprised? If that happens we've basically lost Melo. Throw in K-Mart's recent comments and J.R and things look more bleak. George Karl's health always going to be a cause for concern and we seen what happened last time without him.

This team isn't winning a championship. If we get the perfect storm than were looking at what? WCF at best?. I'm not even sure if that would make Melo stay considering this current Denver team.

I think the best thing to do is just do the move. Make a move and try to get the best deal out there. Favors + picks? Just roll with it. Start the process and get on with it.

Just curious to see others opinions on when to pull the trigger and if we should roll the dice or not.
NuggetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 10:39 AM   #2
paguy1955
High School Starter

Default Re: Anyone else upset?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
I like Melo. I'd like for him to stay. That being said I think Denver's making a big mistake

-Denver flames out in the playoffs .. he's gone
- Denver doesn't have good playoff position you know the front office is going to deal Melo at the deadline. We basically add how many more wins? What's the point? For half a season? I'd rather start losing now to get higher picks instead of basically putting things on pause for a year.

Denver has to many health concerns to roll the dice. Nene\K-Mart\Birdman can go down anytime for any length and would anybody really be surprised? If that happens we've basically lost Melo. Throw in K-Mart's recent comments and J.R and things look more bleak. George Karl's health always going to be a cause for concern and we seen what happened last time without him.

This team isn't winning a championship. If we get the perfect storm than were looking at what? WCF at best?. I'm not even sure if that would make Melo stay considering this current Denver team.

I think the best thing to do is just do the move. Make a move and try to get the best deal out there. Favors + picks? Just roll with it. Start the process and get on with it.

Just curious to see others opinions on when to pull the trigger and if we should roll the dice or not.

PULL THE FRIGGIN TRIGGER

Seems like now we got KMART saying he is not sure when he is playing again since this is his last season and he is upset that they didn't give HIM the 33 million $ contract they gave al harrington.

I can't take this any more. They dissapoint us in the beginning of the season and yank out hearts out at the end. I have NOT renewed my tickets for this season and honestly i have no desire to see any Nugget games this year. We got greedy players and a cheap owner. That is not a good mix. And what makes anybody thinks things will be different if they maks the trades. We still will have a WalMart owner who wants to spend less but reap in big profits. The hell with the NBA i'm going back to watch college ball

paguy1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 09:50 PM   #3
Ghettobird
Banned

i really wanted that melo deal to go through, and then deal kmart and billups and start the rebuild with all the picks, and youth we could get for them.

lawson is already solide and more youth would be great.

i still have my fingers crossed that the FO will figure something out though
Ghettobird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 09:23 AM   #4
el gringos
Decent college freshman

Yeah dissapointed- dissapointed that the team has never been built around carmelo, dissapointed that the owner went cheap on us after promising to pay for a winner, and most of all dissapointed that they are ruining the next dynasty for g karls ego and win total
--------
You are an idiot if you want carmelo traded for peanuts (favors + picks) and if you can't see that the franchise is a joke that could never sign or keep players again if you give away carmelo without getting real nba talen- what do you do with capspace if you are a joke? You sign more kenyon martins and then we are worse off than if carmelo chooses to leave- the ownership has been terrible and haven't surrounded carmelo and built the team around him, but they have to play hardball now and make him choose to leave or make a team trade a real trade package to get him
el gringos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 02:56 AM   #5
HanSolo
Can barely lace up my sneakers

who thinks Melo is a player to build a team around? I don't think so... he is too selfish... Jordan was selfish too, but he won the game at the end... All great players are selfish but won the game at the end? Is Melo going to win the game at the end?
HanSolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 02:12 PM   #6
paguy1955
High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HanSolo
who thinks Melo is a player to build a team around? I don't think so... he is too selfish... Jordan was selfish too, but he won the game at the end... All great players are selfish but won the game at the end? Is Melo going to win the game at the end?

STUPID QUESTION HE has won a few(remember Okla City) but forevery one he wins...he loses 3!!!
paguy1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 12:54 AM   #7
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.

Well looks Denver might be standing pat. Going to suck if we fail and lose Melo for nothing.
Old 10-05-2010, 12:56 AM   #8
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by el gringos
Yeah dissapointed- dissapointed that the team has never been built around carmelo, dissapointed that the owner went cheap on us after promising to pay for a winner, and most of all dissapointed that they are ruining the next dynasty for g karls ego and win total
--------
You are an idiot if you want carmelo traded for peanuts (favors + picks) and if you can't see that the franchise is a joke that could never sign or keep players again if you give away carmelo without getting real nba talen- what do you do with capspace if you are a joke? You sign more kenyon martins and then we are worse off than if carmelo chooses to leave- the ownership has been terrible and haven't surrounded carmelo and built the team around him, but they have to play hardball now and make him choose to leave or make a team trade a real trade package to get him

Your an idiot. You get laughed off the NBA forum because you believe that the Nuggets can get some crazy package for Melo witch isn't true.

Favors + picks doesn't = Melo's value but it's the best option we've got and it's better than losing Melo for nothing in free agency. NJ wouldn't give up Lopez. Bulls wouldn't give up Noah. a 19 year old 3rd overall pick + future picks is better than nothing period.
Old 10-05-2010, 02:25 PM   #9
Ghettobird
Banned

Quote:
Well looks Denver might be standing pat. Going to suck if we fail and lose Melo for nothing.

i am hoping we make a move before the deadline
Ghettobird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 11:36 PM   #10
el gringos
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Your an idiot. You get laughed off the NBA forum because you believe that the Nuggets can get some crazy package for Melo witch isn't true.

Favors + picks doesn't = Melo's value but it's the best option we've got and it's better than losing Melo for nothing in free agency. NJ wouldn't give up Lopez. Bulls wouldn't give up Noah. a 19 year old 3rd overall pick + future picks is better than nothing period.
.................................................. ..
I'm not saying nets give Lopez+ Harris + twill, I'm saying the nuggets can't take less- he's not leaving for nothing, this year is different
if nuggets give away carmelo away for a package like the favors deal its franchise suicide- nobody ever comes or stays again. The team becomes a. Joke-
Stop letting ishiots convince you nugs don't have leverage, Carmelo will not walk away from extending before cba- If he was traded its 100% that its w an extension, so you can't give him away or you would lose all valu of on other players
Carmelo is not getting traded, kmart is- and as soon as karl is fired and moves get made to complement carmelo he can extend
Don't worry I was an idiot to the foolish when saying ai needed moved for. A. Gaurd who can shoot to so ill forgive you when you've seen you're wrong- even for your parts in so heavily overrating Lawson and gkarl and so badly underrating carmelo, nene, and Jr
el gringos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 06:07 AM   #11
HanSolo

Melo will walk for free at the end of this season in not traded for anything till then. He will not spend another day in Denver... He wants to win like every NBA player. But he needs a TEAM...

LB was very smart when he ran to the Heat. Melo will do the same next year.
HanSolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 11:30 PM   #12
shortlunatic
Knowledge Is Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by HanSolo
Melo will walk for free at the end of this season in not traded for anything till then. He will not spend another day in Denver... He wants to win like every NBA player. But he needs a TEAM...

LB was very smart when he ran to the Heat. Melo will do the same next year.

That's not smart, its a copout.

Anyways, I think the fans need to be a little emore calm. The season hasn't started yet and just because things look down doesn't mean they're going down. Melo is here for now, and hopefully we will see all the players give it their all and try to be taken seriously amongst all this doubt. Worse comes to worse, Melo gets dealed at the deadline.
shortlunatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 02:04 AM   #13
Noranolafaway

Default goji berry benefits

I do not be sure how you explicit that! but I was watching this mini series telephone
Ogden the Inappropriate Yoga Guy and it is very queer,
each measure he mentions those people goji berries
I can not bear my curiousity. Does anyone be sure
what they're or if they exist??
Noranolafaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 02:05 AM   #14
Noranolafaway

I don't be acquainted with how you portend that! but I was watching this mini series call
Ogden the Irrelevant Yoga Gink and it's positively unconventional,
each time he mentions those goji berries
I can't backup my curiousity. Does anybody recognize
Old 03-16-2011, 02:12 AM   #15
Noranolafaway

I do not be sure how you portend that! but I was watching this mini series call out
Ogden the Unbefitting Yoga Lampoon and it is as a matter of fact unconventional,
each time he mentions individuals goji berries
I can't uphold my curiousity. Does anybody be sure
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: