Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Oklahoma City Thunder Forum

Oklahoma City Thunder Forum Oklahoma City Thunder forum - OKC Thunder message board

Old 02-24-2011, 06:00 PM   #151
Celtics 1825
Good High School Starter

Celtics 1825 has no real reputation yet.
Default Re: Perkins to OKC, Green to BOS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLsmak
Shaq is undersized??? lol.

-Smak

I said current centers as in ones playing right now. Shaq is injured.

I don't know how tall Krstic is actually, but I was talking about Baby.
Celtics 1825 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 06:00 PM   #152
stephanieg
College superstar

stephanieg is a pretty well-respected posterstephanieg is a pretty well-respected posterstephanieg is a pretty well-respected poster

Trading one of the best bigs for scrubs when you're trying to win right now and NOT in the future? Makes sense.
stephanieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 06:00 PM   #153
ProfessorMurder
I am your soldier!

ProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMISTILLILL
Celtics fans need to have faith that something is brewing behind the scenes. I don't know what, but hopefully something. Even with the trade deadline passed.

I've got faith in this, Ainge isn't stupid. It looks bad, but everything hasn't shaken out yet and there are 3 roster spots open now.
ProfessorMurder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 06:00 PM   #154
AMISTILLILL
Banned

AMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celtics 1825
Yeah, but the trade deadline is already over. I'm not sure if you can pick up bought out players after it.

Of course you can. They're bought out, not traded.
AMISTILLILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 06:01 PM   #155
ProfessorMurder
I am your soldier!

ProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanieg
Trading one of the best bigs for scrubs when you're trying to win right now and NOT in the future? Makes sense.

Green is no scrub.
Old 02-24-2011, 06:02 PM   #156
BlackWhiteGreen
NBA lottery pick

BlackWhiteGreen is popular on this boardBlackWhiteGreen is popular on this boardBlackWhiteGreen is popular on this boardBlackWhiteGreen is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by StroShow4
Christ, some of you overrate the hell out of Kenrick Perkins. I love this deal for Boston. Perkins is a liability on offense and Boston's D is still elite without him. Jeff Green will help their bench unit put the ball in the basket, something they really struggle to do. Nenad Krstic can hit the J so someone has to guard him when he's on the floor. You didn't even have to pay attention to Perkins outside of five feet.

Yeah, I guess. It's still difficult to take in though I guess.

That Clips pick could be useful, you never know. If it comes through as low 10s in the 2012 draft we could get a winner, or move up potentially too. Theres definitely plenty of upside to the deal, certainly. I think its just difficult because no one saw this coming.
BlackWhiteGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 06:03 PM   #157
AMISTILLILL
Banned

AMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation here

One thing is for sure: Portland and OKC got A LOT better today. A little strength added to the western conference today after the Williams/Anthony departures to the east. Definitely not on the level of those superstars but certainly enough to keep things interesting. OKC is SCARY now. So much size up front, scoring punches off the bench... they're a force to be reckoned with and wouldn't be shocked to see them finish third in the west.
AMISTILLILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 06:03 PM   #158
chazzy
3-time NBA All-Star

chazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Yeah people need to stop acting like they just lost Perkins for the season and got nothing out of it. Their defense has been fine without him and they needed wing depth/scoring that Green will provide. Though I wouldn't feel as confident about their title chances until we see how effective Green is off the bench.
chazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 06:03 PM   #159
nycelt84
Good High School Starter

nycelt84 is considered somewhat coolnycelt84 is considered somewhat cool

This trade is a bigger shocker to me than the Williams to Nets trade.Perkins must be more injured than thought or Ainge really thinks this can work but only time will tell.
nycelt84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 06:04 PM   #160
ProfessorMurder
I am your soldier!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMISTILLILL
One thing is for sure: Portland and OKC got A LOT better today. A little strength added to the western conference today after the Williams/Anthony departures to the east. Definitely not on the level of those superstars but certainly enough to keep things interesting. OKC is SCARY now. So much size up front, scoring punches off the bench... they're a force to be reckoned with and wouldn't be shocked to see them finish third in the west.

I'm really happy for OKC, literally the perfect moves. Even if they don't go far this year, the Spurs/Lakers will only slow down in the coming years.

I already liked OKC and now I like them more since they have Perk!
Old 02-24-2011, 06:05 PM   #161
Sharmer
Alpha Centauri

Sharmer posts stuff that is definitely making some people angrySharmer posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Celtics fans.. this move doesn't hurt them, the celtics won 12 straight without perk, they needed a back up for PP at the SF,

If Shaq stays healthy and JO & Nenad Krstic backing up , there fine at the C

I couldnt stand Nate, especially when playing the Point.
Sharmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 06:05 PM   #162
Bernie Nips
Local High School Star

Bernie Nips is popular on this boardBernie Nips is popular on this boardBernie Nips is popular on this boardBernie Nips is popular on this board

I don't understand getting rid of Marquis for cash. I don't understand it.
Bernie Nips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 06:07 PM   #163
ProfessorMurder
I am your soldier!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie Nips

I bet Anthony Parker agreed to come to Boston, or Rip is getting bought out.
Old 02-24-2011, 06:08 PM   #164
MMM
877-954-1893

MMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie Nips

he was likely out for the season and it opens up a roster spot for the C's to add a bought out player;

rip
parker
camby
etc.

Anyways what can we expect from Green???? can we really expect him to fit in with this team as they make a championship run. From that perspective I don't really understand this deal. Why take on such a risk???
MMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 06:09 PM   #165
All Net
Twitter-@AllNetSports

All Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
I bet Anthony Parker agreed to come to Boston, or Rip is getting bought out.

Neither are getting bought out, both been confirmed. Rip didn't want to give up the money.
All Net is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: