Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 02-26-2011, 06:09 PM   #16
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: The Jared Jeffries "I'm Coming Home" MSG Promo!!!

for how much?
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 06:11 PM   #17
MightyWhitey
Local High School Star

MightyWhitey has decent reputationMightyWhitey has decent reputation

http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/knicks...9OTv P3UVYnKO

The buyout of Jared Jeffries with the Rockets became official Friday and he was placed on waivers, according to two NBA sources.

If Jeffries clears waivers, it won't be until Tuesday, when the Knicks plan to swoop in.

Jeffries (6-11) is one of Mike D'Antoni's big favorites, and Donnie Walsh and the Knicks coach feel he can solidify the weakened interior defense that was left bereft of size from the Carmelo Anthony trade.

Speaking before facing the Cavaliers in Cleveland, D'Antoni confirmed the Knicks' interest and said Walsh is working to do "what's best available."

"He's a winner," D'Antoni said of Jeffries. "He played well with us."

Jeffries was in the Knicks starting frontcourt last season before they traded him to Houston last February for more salary-cap space. His departure last season ruined the Knicks on the defensive end, as they were miserable after the trade.

Jeffries is in the last year of his contract and will make about $6.9 million this season. He appeared in 18 games this season (none after Feb. 2) and never found a place in coach Rick Adelman's rotation after joining the Rockets.

Walsh is mulling signing two big men to give the roster more size after losing Timofey Mozgov and Anthony Randolph in the 'Melo deal. Former Knicks center Earl Barron is still on the radar.
MightyWhitey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 06:16 PM   #18
NY-Knicks
FIRE PRINGLES

NY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I really hope Mike isn't planning on starting Jeffries. We would be too small.

Would you just sign Earl Barron already Donnie?
NY-Knicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 07:18 PM   #19
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I can't figure out for the life of me why we want this guy so bad.He's getting 1 ppg.He's rail thin.He doesn't block shots and he doesn't rebound.Can we just stop BSin and sign Barron already.
Old 02-26-2011, 07:43 PM   #20
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
I can't figure out for the life of me why we want this guy so bad.He's getting 1 ppg.He's rail thin.He doesn't block shots and he doesn't rebound.Can we just stop BSin and sign Barron already.
He is a good defender and he seems to be the tallest player D'antoni will play.

I would like Barron and Jeffries though.

He or anyone brought in at center will not be needed to score.

Just to clean the glass.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 10:22 PM   #21
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
He is a good defender and he seems to be the tallest player D'antoni will play.

I would like Barron and Jeffries though.

He or anyone brought in at center will not be needed to score.

Just to clean the glass.
JJ gets no rebounds...
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 11:51 PM   #22
bluechox2
#knickstape

bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

jj is gonna get 40 mins a game, the isiah/dantoni love child
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 03:34 AM   #23
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY-Knicks
I really hope Mike isn't planning on starting Jeffries. We would be too small.

Would you just sign Earl Barron already Donnie?

Jared Jeffries is 6'11
Turiaf is 6'10

6'11 > 6'10

Just saying.

I would like to get both Jeffries and Barron,we desperately need 2 bigs.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 05:30 AM   #24
UtahJazzFan88
Jazz Fan

UtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Who are the Knicks going to get rid of now with Jeffries, and the possibility of Barron? Anthony Carter, Shelden Williams, Renaldo Balkman getting bought out?
UtahJazzFan88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 06:24 AM   #25
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahJazzFan88
Who are the Knicks going to get rid of now with Jeffries, and the possibility of Barron? Anthony Carter, Shelden Williams, Renaldo Balkman getting bought out?
Roger Mason ?
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 07:55 AM   #26
NY-Knicks
FIRE PRINGLES

NY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch
Jared Jeffries is 6'11
Turiaf is 6'10

6'11 > 6'10

Just saying.

I would like to get both Jeffries and Barron,we desperately need 2 bigs.

Have you ever seen Jeffries.

He's rail thin, any big man can back his ass down in the post until the restricted area and throw up a hookshot.
NY-Knicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 06:33 PM   #27
MightyWhitey
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahJazzFan88

They're gonna get rid of Azubuike since he's not at all physically capable of playing. Get rid of him and get Barron already. We can use him for Orlando where we'll need his size against D-Howard.
Old 02-27-2011, 07:01 PM   #28
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Gallo is also 6'10. N D'Antoni wouldnt even let him play PF.Height has nothing to do with it.It's about how you play.Jeffries is essentially a SF.He doesn't do anything we need.Turiaf is a far better "big man" than he is.I just think it's a waste of time but w/e....long as it's not long term.

Last edited by franchize : 03-01-2011 at 09:04 AM.
Old 02-28-2011, 05:15 PM   #29
MightyWhitey
Local High School Star

http://www.postingandtoasting.com/20...cks-on-tuesday

Jared Jeffries will sign with the Knicks on Tuesday.

Update (5:00): Corey Brewer will be the odd man out.
Our old friend Jared Jeffries, he of the long-limbed defense and perpetually quizzical expression, will rejoin the Knicks after clearing waivers, reports the Daily News. Jeffries, who hasn't seen much burn since being dealt to the Rockets a year ago, was bought out by Houston last week and will officially become a free agent tomorrow night (but not in time to suit up for New York's game in Orlando). Mike D'Antoni's roster currently stands at fifteen players, which means somebody will have to go:

Jeffries should be in uniform on Wednesday against New Orleans. In order to create a roster spot for Jeffries, the Knicks will have to cut a player. The most likely candidate is former lottery pick Shelden Williams, who came over from Denver in the Carmelo Anthony trade. Renaldo Balkman - another piece in the Anthony deal - is the second most likely candidate to be released.

It's curious that a team wanting for defense and rebounding would count two capable energy bros among its dispensable. I guess D'Antoni only has so much room for guys who do their work without scoring, and Jeffries would immediately gobble up a lot of those minutes upon arriving. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if Jared's starting at center by next week. What this means for a potential Earl Barron (or, if you're so inclined, Mike Bibby) acquisition remains to be seen.
Old 02-28-2011, 08:38 PM   #30
earlofupstate
Good High School Starter

earlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this board

I think Bibby brought his talents to South Beach, he just didn't have a BSPN special hour long show.
earlofupstate is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: