Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 02-25-2011, 03:13 PM   #1
01amberfirewv
Serious playground baller

Default How can some people shoot so well without playing regularly

How can some people shoot so well without playing regularly and others have to shoot everyday. Unfortunately I am in the later group and even when I do shoot almost every day I still seem to have a hard time consistently making shots. A guy came into the gym today who hasn't played in years and it seemed like he couldn't miss. I try to get up a few hundred shots every day and I struggle if I miss more than a day or two a week
01amberfirewv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 04:30 PM   #2
623baller
dedicate

Default Re: How can some people shoot so well without playing regularly

focus on shots made rather than shot attempts

are you consistent with how you shoot in different spot of the court?

you can put up 1000 shots a day but if you only made 100 of those then it's useless.
623baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 05:36 PM   #3
01amberfirewv

I ususally start with from shooting from the blocks and first two pegs. After 5 from each four spots I take about 25 in the pain then 25 from each wing and 25 from the free throw line area. I only count the shots made and if I miss more than 2 in a row I start over. I try to add in some shots off the dribble and some jumpers too
Old 02-28-2011, 04:07 AM   #4
dab0yech0
3 Ball like Piatkowski

Shooting is the last thing you lose. I used to be a legendary shooter and was able to hit jumpers 4-5 ft behind the 3pt line with ease. I used to shoot at least 500 a day. Fast forward to now I play at most maybe once a week or twice if im lucky, I don't have the handles, speed or athleticism anymore but I still can make it rain with my jumper.
dab0yech0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 07:01 AM   #5
KokoWarzone
Saw a basketball once

Quote:
Originally Posted by dab0yech0
Shooting is the last thing you lose. I used to be a legendary shooter and was able to hit jumpers 4-5 ft behind the 3pt line with ease. I used to shoot at least 500 a day. Fast forward to now I play at most maybe once a week or twice if im lucky, I don't have the handles, speed or athleticism anymore but I still can make it rain with my jumper.

How do i shoot in the three point line? It's like everytime i jump i must jump to the full force. any guidelines on what to remember in shooting 3 point shots?
KokoWarzone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 12:13 PM   #6
01amberfirewv

Quote:
Originally Posted by dab0yech0
Shooting is the last thing you lose.

I must have never had a good shot lol. If I miss a day or two of shooting it's pretty hard for me to get my shot back. I think it also hurts me that I lift weights 4 or 5 days a week
Old 02-28-2011, 12:35 PM   #7
Nelson14
> than Mudiay

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01amberfirewv
I must have never had a good shot lol. If I miss a day or two of shooting it's pretty hard for me to get my shot back. I think it also hurts me that I lift weights 4 or 5 days a week
i'm the same way if i'm not out at the courts shooting almost nightly i can't make shit. and my fat ass friend only plays 2wice a week and he's deadly from outside
Nelson14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 01:44 PM   #8
01amberfirewv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelson14
i'm the same way if i'm not out at the courts shooting almost nightly i can't make shit. and my fat ass friend only plays 2wice a week and he's deadly from outside

Most of the guys I play with are older and were decent high school players who are out of shape now. They are the same way though, it seems like they can't miss. We play once a week and it seems like some of them just can't miss
Old 03-01-2011, 04:02 AM   #9
LA KB24
LAL|LAC

Shooter's touch man... if you practice the same exact form/mechanics for a while, it just sticks to your muscle memory. The important thing is to never change your shooting form, I used to change mine all the time. I wanted to shoot like Peja, then Dirk, etc. Pick one, stick to it and practice it over and over.
LA KB24 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: