Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 02-26-2011, 03:51 PM   #16
kmart
No props needed

kmart has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Who here has watched a full Raptors game this season?

I've watched about 3 full games this season. Other than that I try to catch a part of the game. I like watching Demar, Davis, and Johnson (not quite as much) play, they provide me some excitement to watch some of the games. They will potentially be part of the core that Colangelo needs to build and it has been sorta fun to watch Demar.

I'll always be a Raptor fan but this year I cannot manage to watch that much with the team being the way it is.
kmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 04:47 PM   #17
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I compare being a Raptors fan to the relationship i've had with my sister. When I was little I hated her guts and wished that she would get sent off to a foster family or something but at the end of the day I knew that no matter what I wanted, I was always gonna be stuck with her. She was always gonna be my sister. So as I got older I hoped she would change rather than switching families. Same for the Raptors. I'm always gonna be a Raptors fan, even if there's a million and one things I hate about the team right now. BUT, watching the games I literally find to be unbearable. I know a lot of you prefer us competing hard and losing to us being a competitive team and losing out on heartbreakers, but the competitive side of me always wants to see a competitive (GOOD) team that has a chance to win both because of talent and performance.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 05:59 PM   #18
Beebo
****ing Rudy Gay man

Beebo has decent reputationBeebo has decent reputation

Haven't watched much these past few weeks, sometimes I even forget theres a game on. I wish we could just fast foward to the draft..
Beebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 06:23 PM   #19
bada bing
College star

bada bing is a pretty well-respected posterbada bing is a pretty well-respected posterbada bing is a pretty well-respected poster

i watched my 2nd full game the other day against hte Bulls. I actually watched it completely from beginning to end. Maybe i was able to watch it because i am slowly turning into a bulls fans, now that i am in chicago. It is a no nonsense team full of players who know their roles and do not think they are better than the game.
bada bing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 06:48 PM   #20
Himan12
On the clouds

Himan12 has an OK reputation so far

I tried.

God knows I tried.
Himan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 09:57 PM   #21
T-Low
College superstar

T-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat cool

We would still retain our draft pick and to be honest, it would be a GREAT situation for the raps if we had a lockout. Having players go back to school for that extra year could help their game and show who deserves to play at the professional level instead of players jumping the gun to the NBA after a first year in college/university...
T-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 11:44 PM   #22
Prodigy
Diaw Fan

Prodigy has decent reputation

A few of the ones that were close. The games against Dallas and Bulls come to mind.
Prodigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 12:40 PM   #23
Doko
High School Starter

Doko has decent reputation

Wait... So like 99% of the guys that are bashing Bargnani's play this season didn't actually watch him play in a single game? That's hilarious Good to know.
Doko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 12:43 PM   #24
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Far too many. Mostly in the hope of seeing Ed Davis get significant playing time. Also maybe seeing more Bayless and now James Johnson. Just to see if any of these players are worth keeping around for the long run or not.

I'm sure my Raptors viewing time will drop significantly once baseball season starts.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 12:44 PM   #25
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doko
Wait... So like 99% of the guys that are bashing Bargnani's play this season didn't actually watch him play in a single game? That's hilarious Good to know.
Yeah because he's been in the league for 53 games, not 5 years.
Old 02-27-2011, 01:05 PM   #26
Grey Dawn
KG cancer to the NBA

Grey Dawn has not been impressing people

Bargnani's not a team centre-piece or anything, but man if we didn't have him this year we'd be averaging like 70 PPG, while still allowing the other team 105...

For everything other than shooting the ball, yeah Bargs is pretty-to-very tedious to watch, but he's the only real scorer on the team, only person who can demand double-teams, etc.

Like I said, 70PPG...

(This isn't a defense of Bargnani as a great player, just a statement of fact).

Last edited by Grey Dawn : 02-27-2011 at 01:09 PM.
Grey Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 01:08 PM   #27
Grey Dawn
KG cancer to the NBA

Grey Dawn has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
I'm sure my Raptors viewing time will drop significantly once baseball season starts.

Yeah, cuz baseball's just blazing hot in Toronto...(sorry, I know you like it, but it's not very popular and Jays-playoff-hopes-wise it's equally mundane and boring by about half way through the year or earlier, then they still keep playing about 5000 more meaningless games...man they really need to expand the playoffs, and, sure, cut into the # of regular season games to do so).
Grey Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 01:08 PM   #28
bokes15
Playoffs!

And if we put up 70ppg, we wouldn't have a 10M 6th man and we'd be higher up in the race for that #1 pick. Him being our only pure scorer isn't a testament to how good he is, but rather a wake up call to how poorly this team has been constructed over the past 5 years since he was drafted.

edit: and I would argue that our defense is actually better with him off the court so the tradeoff wouldn't be quite as large as you're making it up to be.
Old 02-27-2011, 01:51 PM   #29
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Plus this isn't a vacuum. If the Raptors didn't have Bargnani, then his roster spot as well as the money committed to him would be going to some other player. Hopefully one that would give the Raptors a more balanced and conventional starting lineup. So no, the Raptors wouldn't be "70 ppg bad" on offense and they most likely would be much better on defense.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 02:03 PM   #30
brwnman

brwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey Dawn
Yeah, cuz baseball's just blazing hot in Toronto...(sorry, I know you like it, but it's not very popular and Jays-playoff-hopes-wise it's equally mundane and boring by about half way through the year or earlier, then they still keep playing about 5000 more meaningless games...man they really need to expand the playoffs, and, sure, cut into the # of regular season games to do so).

You don't understand how exciting this Jays baseball team is. It has a direction, a bunch of young guys that'll get playing time, and we have more prospects just waiting in the farm system. There is a positive buzz that's around this Jays' team. Not so much with the Raptors...
brwnman is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: