Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 02-25-2011, 10:46 PM   #1
wildeman
I hit open layups

wildeman has decent reputation
Default draft FA or trade

All I keep hearing is this is a very bad draft. How are we getting a sg? We have 3 first rounders. We can trade up in the first or picks for a player. Don't know who will be a fa this year either. Any predictions?
wildeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 11:47 PM   #2
Rose
Moon Wizard

Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: draft FA or trade

well.

If Jordan Hamilton would fall.
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 12:58 AM   #3
DwadeOverLebron
High School Varsity 6th Man

DwadeOverLebron has an OK reputation so far

two players i like for the bulls are nolan smith and vander blue who both should be available if blue does decide to leave
DwadeOverLebron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 01:59 AM   #4
Crystallas
Smile, you're on ISH

Crystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

There is no way anyone can speculate on the off-season when 99% of the cards are still in someone's hands. That's what CBA talks do to the NBA.
Crystallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 07:43 AM   #5
Chicago Brawls
Great young streetballer

Chicago Brawls is a pretty well-respected posterChicago Brawls is a pretty well-respected posterChicago Brawls is a pretty well-respected posterChicago Brawls is a pretty well-respected poster

The Bulls will be looking into buyout players. If no one good comes out we will be looking in FAs in the offseason.

If we get to draft day still without a SG we will try to trade our picks for someone good.

The draft is, I think, the last resort.
Chicago Brawls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 05:59 PM   #6
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman

tamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwadeOverLebron
two players i like for the bulls are nolan smith and vander blue who both should be available if blue does decide to leave

Don't know if anybody here watches the Pac10, but Arizona's Derrick Williams look awefully good, not just hitting his perimeter shots but penetrating and inviting contact to go to the FT line. He is also relatively muscular to take the banging.
tamaraw08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 07:08 PM   #7
ljsbb27
Local High School Star

ljsbb27 is a pretty well-respected posterljsbb27 is a pretty well-respected posterljsbb27 is a pretty well-respected posterljsbb27 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose
well.

If Jordan Hamilton would fall.

This. Jordan Hamilton would be a great addition and a great inclusion into our young core. I would package the picks we've acquired to move up to ensure we're in a spot where we can draft him.
ljsbb27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 08:50 PM   #8
Crystallas
Smile, you're on ISH

Crystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I'd rather take Alec Burks for this system. Right now I'm glad Burks is flying under everyones radar, he is a system Guard that would flurish playing help defense and he can make/create shots better than any player his size since Tyreke Evans. Thank his terrible frontcourt for him getting no love!
Old 02-27-2011, 08:55 PM   #9
dee-rose
Words and stuff.

dee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystallas
I'd rather take Alec Burks for this system. Right now I'm glad Burks is flying under everyones radar, he is a system Guard that would flurish playing help defense and he can make/create shots better than any player his size since Tyreke Evans. Thank his terrible frontcourt for him getting no love!

I was going to post this. Get him to work on his 3 point shooting a bit this off-season and we settt.
dee-rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 09:00 PM   #10
Crystallas
Smile, you're on ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by dee-rose
I was going to post this. Get him to work on his 3 point shooting a bit this off-season and we settt.

The best 3-point shooting SGs(best, as in, able to start and play a complete role) develop their range fully around their 5-6th season in the league. It's merely an exception when teams find GREAT distance shooing all-around SGs straight out of school.

I wouldn't be too worried with Burks.
Old 02-27-2011, 09:02 PM   #11
dee-rose
Words and stuff.

dee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
The best 3-point shooting SGs(best, as in, able to start and play a complete role) develop their range fully around their 5-6th season in the league. It's merely an exception when teams find GREAT distance shooing all-around SGs.

I wouldn't be too worried with Burks.
Yup I agree. His three point shooting right now wouldn't be so bad either, good mid range game so far, just a little inconsistent when he shoots from long-range. I really like his game though.
dee-rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 04:15 PM   #12
idizzle
Good college starter

idizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat cool

I say the draft. They are always saying the draft doesn't have any impact players and every year the draft has at 3-4 impact players to come out.

This years draft (SG wise) has some guards that are 1st picks for like Jordan Hamilton, Marshon Brooks, and Alec Burks. Their are some junior guards and senior guards that will probably end up in the 2nd round of the draft who can make a impact.

The Bulls have two 1st picks and three 2nd round picks and they have no excuse to drafting a decent SG or signing a undrafted SG (Wes Matthews Jr) for example.

Every SG that the Bulls have signed can barely shoot, undersize, or they are chuckers.

Every SG that the Bulls have drafted have been bust, undersize, or chuckers.

Their will never be another MJ-23, but the Bulls need to get a SG who can shoot, defend, and facilitate like a PG would a plus.
idizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 04:29 PM   #13
idizzle
Good college starter

idizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat cool

Here are some unpperclass men SG's that will probably fall in the 2nd round of the draft or go undrafted that can score, defend, play some PG, and are taller than 6'3 (No undersize SG please Bulls management)

Cam Long from George Mason- 6'4

Darius Morris from Michigan- 6'4

Ramone Moore from Temple-6'4

E'Twaun Moore from Purdue-6'4

Ravern Johnson from Miss. State- 6'6

Corey Higgins from Colorado-6'5

Jeremy Green from Stanford- 6'4

D.J. Kennedy from St. John-6'6

Julyan Stone from UTEP-6'7

Iman Shumpert from GA Tech-6'5

Scotty Hopson from the University of Tennessee-6'7

Brad Wanamaker from Pittsburgh-6'4

Steve Gray from Gonzaga-6'5

Tre'von Willis from UNLV-6'5

Maurice Creek from Indiana-6'5

Also, 2 other guys that might be 1st round picks who can shoot the ball

John Jenkins from Vanderbilt-6'4

Klay Thompson from Washington St-6'6
Old 03-02-2011, 12:04 AM   #14
idizzle
Good college starter

The 2nd round of the draft will probably have junior and senior guards. 3yr and 4yr college players usually do better in the league than some one and done players. So I'm keeping my eye for the 2nd round and the 3 picks the Bulls have there.
Old 03-02-2011, 10:18 PM   #15
ljsbb27
Local High School Star

ljsbb27 is a pretty well-respected posterljsbb27 is a pretty well-respected posterljsbb27 is a pretty well-respected posterljsbb27 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:

I like him as well. I got him right after Jordan Hamilton for SG's I'd like for the Bulls to draft.
ljsbb27 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: