Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-09-2006, 06:17 AM   #1
jbrown3
Can barely lace up my sneakers

jbrown3 has an OK reputation so far
Default Exam time for some of us, but who?

Who else has to deal with exams within the next couple of weeks other than me?

It's becoming that hectic time of year where there's time for nothing other than school work and food, and somehow food fits in there.

Dinner becomes a 3am burrito amongst papers and pencil lead, while 4 hours of sleep is a 'full' night's rest, and somehow in someway we are learning and being prepared for our future careers.

Anybody else going through this right now? What sort of exams do you all have?

Here are mine: Music Theory next Friday, then Applied Mathematical Analysis on the 18th, Mechanics on the 19th, and Afro-American Lit. and Stellar Astrophysics on the 21st

Feel free to share your schedules and stories.
jbrown3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 03:05 PM   #2
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here

I find I do better on exams when I don't worry about them. when I try to cram, I always cram the wrong stuff, and have filled my brain with too much info and muddled up my solid understanding of the subject. that's what happened to my Anthro exam last year (got a 3 on the AP test). I spend hours on the stuff that I didn't have confidence in my knowledge of, and then the entire test was on either applications or Canada, and I only got 5 hours sleep the night before cramming stuff like the history of Agriculture, about which there were no questions, into my head.

so now I just do a quick review the day before and go in there with absolute confidence. I find as long as you stay up to date in the class and actually pay attention in class, and put everything the teacher says into context during class, that's usually enough. the main problem I always had with tests was that I never related any of the info to my life or anything relevant. it was just abstract nonsense that I had to memorize. once I treated everything I learned like something that relates to something in my life I started doing better and having to study less.

Quote:
Applied Mathematical Analysis
what is this? "apply" and "math" are 2 words I rarely see together.

Quote:
Afro-American Lit.
what?! who taught the negroes how to read?
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 03:40 PM   #3
West-Side
Decent college freshman

West-Side has an OK reputation so far

I just did back to back to back exams...Economics, Marketing and Business Math...aced both Economics and Math but didn't do so well in Marketing. I personally hate Marketing there is so many loop holes in that course, they give you a question on the MC and both answers are technically right but you have to pick the BEST one...and it's not FACTUAL it's just what the damn teacher thinks it is. And they gave us an essay case, for a product that none of us really knew what the purpose was...it was hell, I'm hoping for a B+ in that course...don't think I got enough for an A now.

Thank god I'm done with Marketing after this semester, I got Accounting and Computers left...on Monday and Wed. Good luck to all of you who have exams.
West-Side is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 05:51 PM   #4
jbrown3

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeWiz15
what is this? "apply" and "math" are 2 words I rarely see together.

It's Math 321, and that's the formal title, however it's actually vector calculus and complex analysis. The material itself isn't hard, the Professor is really hard though. The exams have been averaging about 50% and less. I can't wait to get it done, but then I have Math 322 next semester which is Applied Mathematical Analysis II, which is just partial differential equations.
Old 12-09-2006, 06:20 PM   #5
B-Low
The Love B-Low

B-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I got back-to-backs monday (1:15-3:15 then 3:30-5:30), then one tuesday and one friday. Could be worse i guess. I'm not really sweating them though cuz i'm not borderline in any classes so none are strong enough to really change my grade. Maybe journalism on friday...
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 02:19 AM   #6
jbrown3

Quote:
Originally Posted by West-Side
I just did back to back to back exams...Economics, Marketing and Business Math...aced both Economics and Math but didn't do so well in Marketing. I personally hate Marketing there is so many loop holes in that course, they give you a question on the MC and both answers are technically right but you have to pick the BEST one...and it's not FACTUAL it's just what the damn teacher thinks it is.

I don't like non-factual tests, that's what a lot of liberal arts is like, but I'm surprised marketing would be like that. I guess you can make subject subjective if you phrase it right. Back to back exams stink. Early ones are bad also, one of mine is at 7:45AM, geez.
Old 12-10-2006, 04:57 AM   #7
C-Webb
Athletic Park Baller

C-Webb has an OK reputation so far

Got 3 next week. Monday 2-5, Thursday 2-3 and Friday 12:30-2:00.
C-Webb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 06:31 AM   #8
JtotheIzzo
Admlnlstrator

JtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I've been out of college for a few years now (yes I graduated), and I still have those nightmares, you know, the ones where you have an exam and you haven't studied or been to class.

That shiiiit still haunts me, pretty crazy, anyone else in or out of school have these bad dreams?

This thread gave me a little chill as I had a dream flash back.
JtotheIzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 11:30 AM   #9
wally_world
M0derator

wally_world is considered somewhat coolwally_world is considered somewhat cool

holidays rawks!!!
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 03:29 PM   #10
West-Side
Decent college freshman

I had 7:30pm, 3:30pm and 8am back to back to back tests...no time to study at all, pissed me off.
Old 12-10-2006, 04:47 PM   #11
AppleNader
Cornell Basketball=#1

AppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputation

I have linear algebra, waves/optics/quantum mechanics, and circuits finals all this week.

F&cking great
AppleNader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 06:37 PM   #12
jbrown3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
I've been out of college for a few years now (yes I graduated), and I still have those nightmares, you know, the ones where you have an exam and you haven't studied or been to class.

anyone else in or out of school have these bad dreams?

I know exactly what you mean, I had those kinds of dreams last year, but despite being in my hardest semester yet I haven't had too many like that this year. It's just a crazy feeling in them when you actually believe that you haven't studied at all for an exam and you're trying to take it. Strange dreams. I did have one recently though where I got a really bad score on the exam, and in reality I hadn't thankfully.
Old 12-10-2006, 07:40 PM   #13
West-Side
Decent college freshman

Quote:
I have linear algebra, waves/optics/quantum mechanics, and circuits finals all this week.

You taking electronics or something?
I took Logic courses and Mechanical Circuitry...pretty easy compared to Controls or INdepth PLC analysis.

But yeah having those 3 exams is hell...
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: