Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-01-2011, 12:16 AM   #1
BrentISballin
Local High School Star

BrentISballin has decent reputationBrentISballin has decent reputation
Default Anybody ever sprain/break toe?

So last week Wed. I was ballin and I ran into some guys big foot who was just standing there and basically stubbed my toe running pretty fast. The swelling has gone down today and I can see theres a hard bump where the bone is that bends in the middle of your toe. If I had a broken toe would it hurt a lot? This thing does not hurt bad when I walk or run, but if I touch that bump it hurts like crazy, sound broken or sprained? Im gonna try to go to a doctor soon
BrentISballin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 12:18 AM   #2
AirTupac
Mitch Kupcake

AirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Anybody ever sprain/break toe?

I injured my toe during basketball as well. It bled every time i played and eventually we had a 2 week break. Came back after the break and it stopped bleeding but now the toenail is dead and it's been 2 months.

AirTupac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 12:19 AM   #3
BrentISballin
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirTupac
I injured my toe during basketball as well. It bled every time i played and eventually we had a 2 week break. Came back after the break and it stopped bleeding but now the toenail is dead and it's been 2 months.

so you injured your toe nail, not your toe..? Toe nail injuries are still painful and nasty
Old 03-01-2011, 12:21 AM   #4
AirTupac
Mitch Kupcake

AirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentISballin
so you injured your toe nail, not your toe..? Toe nail injuries are still painful and nasty

I don't know which one lol. I was bleeding through the toe though and it hurt a lot. But i think it was also a fat guy who injured me.
AirTupac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 01:22 AM   #5
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I broke my big toe once (hairline fracture on a piece of bone connected to a tendon) and I had to drag my foot around for nearly a week (probably should have used a crutch). The swelling was bad enough that it spread to my lower calf. After a week, I walked with an obvious limp for a couple of weeks. I ended up taking the summer off from doing anything strenuous on it to make sure it healed properly.

On a separate occasion, I injured my big toe on the other foot. I was convinced it was broken due to similar pain (though less swelling), but I got it x-rayed and it came back negative. The recovery for that was a couple of weeks, so much shorter. In hindsight, I think that one was just a bad sprain.

Hope my experiences will help you with your question.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 01:23 AM   #6
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Which toe? My brother broke his pinky toe running into a wall and it took him weeks to finally go to get some x-rays.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 01:28 AM   #7
dunksby
ISH's Scribbler

dunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation here

I sprained my toe pretty badly once, it hurt like a *****. Regarding your case, try bending or moving your toe, if you can do it, it aint broken if not definitely get an X-Ray.
dunksby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 01:42 AM   #8
Myth

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunksby
I sprained my toe pretty badly once, it hurt like a *****. Regarding your case, try bending or moving your toe, if you can do it, it aint broken if not definitely get an X-Ray.

Not necessarily true. It should be painful to move it, but you can still move digits and limbs when they have a broken bone in them.
Old 03-01-2011, 01:45 AM   #9
BrentISballin
Local High School Star

It's my big toe, shoulda metioned that. I can barely move it down , feels like its goin to explode if it goes too far . I can wiggle it in limited motion though.

Myth- Judging by your experience with the broken toe I think it's safe to say yours was A LOT worse than mine lol. When you sprained your big toe were you able to move it at all?

I can move my toe freely with little / no pain if I use my finger to move it, it can't move well without help though

Last edited by BrentISballin : 03-01-2011 at 01:48 AM.
Old 03-01-2011, 01:45 AM   #10
dunksby
ISH's Scribbler

dunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth
Not necessarily true. It should be painful to move it, but you can still move digits and limbs when they have a broken bone in them.
If its broken it will be too painful to move it, if its sprained moving it wont cause much pain but it would be agonizing to touch.
Old 03-01-2011, 01:47 AM   #11
TinselTime12
Banned

TinselTime12 has not been impressing people

Pretty sure I sprained my pinky (small end) toe when I played football. We were doing drills and then my teammate/friend stepped on my toe with the spike of the cleat. It took like a week to heal. It was a good thing we had a two week break after that day. So maybe it wasn't a sprain, but I do have experience with toe pain and problems.
TinselTime12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 01:51 AM   #12
dunksby
ISH's Scribbler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentISballin
It's my big toe, shoulda metioned that. I can barely move it down , feels like its goin to explode if it goes too far . I can wiggle it in limited motion though.

Myth- Judging by your experience with the broken toe I think it's safe to say yours was A LOT worse than mine lol. When you sprained your big toe were you able to move it at all?

I can move my toe freely with little / no pain if I use my finger to move it, it can't move well without help though
Get your ass to a doc and take an X-Ray man.
Old 03-01-2011, 01:56 AM   #13
BrentISballin
Local High School Star

Quote:
Get your ass to a doc and take an X-Ray man.
that's the plan lol, i'm waiting for spring break to start on Wed. so I can go home and take one there. For now I will just keep speculating with the world class ISH medical staff.
Old 03-01-2011, 02:13 AM   #14
Myth

Quote:
If its broken it will be too painful to move it, if its sprained moving it wont cause much pain but it would be agonizing to touch.

I was just making it clear that it is possible to move it, but I agree that it would not be a pleasant experience.

Brent - I could wiggle it the tiniest bit and it was pretty damn painful to do so, but if I were to try to actually curl my toe (the foots equivalent to a fist if you will), I'm sure it would have ended with a scream of pain.
Old 03-01-2011, 11:42 AM   #15
JMT
NBA lottery pick

JMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation here

Have a toe on my right foot that was broken 3-4 times at least. First thing you learn in college hoops is keep your feet lively under the hoop or they'll get stomped on.

Team docs taped it to the toe next to it, over and over, until it healed into a shape that most resembles a backward question mark.

Stopped hurting within 4-5 years after I quit playing ball.
JMT is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: