Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-01-2011, 12:10 PM   #16
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Anybody ever sprain/break toe?

I broke my pinky toe in HS walking through a weight room with sandals on. I just barely kicked a dumbbell. I hurt like all hell when it happened, but after that initial pain, it really didn't hurt at all. Although it was sticking out sideways.

A toenail injury would be much more painfull. Even a blister is more painfull. The big toe absorbs more pressure, so that may be different.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 12:58 PM   #17
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
I broke my pinky toe in HS walking through a weight room with sandals on. I just barely kicked a dumbbell. I hurt like all hell when it happened, but after that initial pain, it really didn't hurt at all. Although it was sticking out sideways.

A toenail injury would be much more painfull. Even a blister is more painfull. The big toe absorbs more pressure, so that may be different.
i'm glad i'm not the only one who does this crap..

i kicked the bed post (big toe) a year ago and it's taken that long for the toenail to grow out...lol
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 01:10 PM   #18
Jasi
Quality?

Jasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Gallo just did.
Jasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 01:41 PM   #19
Done_And_Done
D & D

Done_And_Done is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDone_And_Done is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDone_And_Done is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDone_And_Done is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDone_And_Done is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDone_And_Done is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDone_And_Done is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDone_And_Done is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDone_And_Done is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDone_And_Done is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDone_And_Done is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Had a pretty nasty foot injury a few years back while playing soccer. There was 50/50 ball that was rolling in the direction of this ogre sized defender and we kicked it at the exact same time. I think it's safe to say the him and his sized 14's got the better of the ball as I dropped on the pitch like a sack of potatoes. I was a complete write off & out of commission for a few weeks. My entire foot was a swollen mess but what hurt the most believe it or not was my first three toes. Ended up losing the nails on 2 of em... Not cute
Done_And_Done is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 01:59 PM   #20
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Well I'm taking you off my fantasy team that's for sure.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 09:08 PM   #21
Jasper
Bucks Brigade

Jasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentISballin
It's my big toe, shoulda metioned that. I can barely move it down , feels like its goin to explode if it goes too far . I can wiggle it in limited motion though.

Myth- Judging by your experience with the broken toe I think it's safe to say yours was A LOT worse than mine lol. When you sprained your big toe were you able to move it at all?

I can move my toe freely with little / no pain if I use my finger to move it, it can't move well without help though
kind sounds like turf toe.
Had a couple severe sprains , sounds like you might of stretched a tendon.
Does the knuckle seem broke or just big ?
It could be fractured.
Not much a doc can do other than tell you , to not run on it , and take it easy until it heals
Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 10:19 PM   #22
BrentISballin
Local High School Star

BrentISballin has decent reputationBrentISballin has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper
kind sounds like turf toe.
Had a couple severe sprains , sounds like you might of stretched a tendon.
Does the knuckle seem broke or just big ?
It could be fractured.
Not much a doc can do other than tell you , to not run on it , and take it easy until it heals
I just looked up turf toe and it seems like it's an injury that would result in the toe hurting when bent up. Mine hurts only when I bend it down at the joint, I guess the opposite of turf toe?
BrentISballin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 10:23 PM   #23
Dolphin
werewolfdolphin

Dolphin has an incredible reputation hereDolphin has an incredible reputation hereDolphin has an incredible reputation hereDolphin has an incredible reputation hereDolphin has an incredible reputation hereDolphin has an incredible reputation hereDolphin has an incredible reputation here

I walked into a narrow table leg when I was 14 or so. My baby two went on the wrong side and I was walking fast so it totally snapped 90 degrees. Nothing a needle and doctor's gentle touch couldn't cure.
Dolphin is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: