Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Clippers Forum

Los Angeles Clippers Forum Clippers message board - clippers fan forum

Old 12-14-2006, 11:44 PM   #16
hutcht02
Mr. Basketball

hutcht02 has an OK reputation so far

In the Clippers forum at Basketballboards.net, a guy said that he had heard that a deal between the Clippers and the 76ers is going down tonight. I hope not to get your hopes up, cuz if this is the truth I'll gnaw off my own arm. Here's the trade he said was happening:

76ers get:
Corey Maggette
Cuttino Mobley
Sam Cassell
1st Round Draft Pick

Clippers get:
Allen Iverson
Kyle Korver

No Joke. If this **** goes down, I'll be really happy, but I'll gnaw off my own arm.
hutcht02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 12:23 AM   #17
Serge
Great young streetballer

Serge has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by hutcht02
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/feature...~ 20~20~12~12

OK OK. Is this one better?

Philly Gets:
Corey Maggette
Cuttino Mobley
Zeljko Rebraca
1st Rounder

Clippers Get:
Allen Iverson
Louis Williams

AI along Williams will not leave.

And a 3rd team gotta be in the deal we get no expirings we want expirings that is why Denver is trying to get Blazers as a 3rd team for them to send Magloires expiring to the Sixers.
Serge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 12:24 AM   #18
Serge
Great young streetballer

Quote:
In the Clippers forum at Basketballboards.net, a guy said that he had heard that a deal between the Clippers and the 76ers is going down tonight. I hope not to get your hopes up, cuz if this is the truth I'll gnaw off my own arm. Here's the trade he said was happening:

76ers get:
Corey Maggette
Cuttino Mobley
Sam Cassell
1st Round Draft Pick

Clippers get:
Allen Iverson
Kyle Korver

No Joke. If this **** goes down, I'll be really happy, but I'll gnaw off my own arm.

Don't see that happening Billy King will deff be fired if he did this by the end of the season.
Old 12-15-2006, 01:21 AM   #19
qrich
King Heno

qrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

76ers get:
Corey Maggette
Cuttino Mobley
Sam Cassell
1st Round Draft Pick

Clippers get:
Allen Iverson
Kyle Korver

That was me and a friend told me he heard it on AM 570, but the rights to Diaz is also involved
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 03:25 AM   #20
Serge
Great young streetballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrich
That was me and a friend told me he heard it on AM 570, but the rights to Diaz is also involved

Don't know were he hured that nothing I here.

And last I hured 11:30 PM Thursday Denver got the deal all but done with the 3rd team being Portland.
Old 12-15-2006, 04:08 AM   #21
dab0yech0
3 Ball like Piatkowski

dab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation here

If we can get AI without trading Livingston that would be a dream come true.

dab0yech0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 01:53 AM   #22
qrich
King Heno

qrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercu...s/16252834.htm

Quote:
Iverson to Clippers? Former NBA executive John Nash reported Friday night on Comcast SportsNet that the Sixers were considering trading Iverson and either Korver or Rodney Carney to the Los Angeles Clippers for Corey Maggette, Cuttino Mobley and either Sam Cassell or Shaun Livingston.
Old 12-16-2006, 07:21 AM   #23
Serge
Great young streetballer

Yep I see that now be stupid by BK to also trade Carney/Korver with AI. Korver D sucks so I don't care. But Carney got lots of potential not a good move at all.
Old 12-16-2006, 05:22 PM   #24
dab0yech0
3 Ball like Piatkowski

dab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation here

The Sixers need to hurry up and take this deal.

Dalembert
Webber
Igoudala
Mobley/ Maggette
Cassell

That team would instantly make the playoffs in the east and maybe even be a top 5 seed. I dont see the Sixers getting more value than that.
dab0yech0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 07:18 PM   #25
qrich
King Heno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serge
Yep I see that now be stupid by BK to also trade Carney/Korver with AI. Korver D sucks so I don't care. But Carney got lots of potential not a good move at all.

So you'd prefer getting Joe Smith and Jamal Magloire over getting Maggette, a Philadelphia boy(Cuttino Mobley) and a veteran who WILL guaranteed get the 6ers to the playoffs in the East in Cassell? On top of that, Clips will give the rights of Guillermo Diaz along with a first rounder if they can get a 2nd rounder back and they can take the contract of Steven Hunter for Zeljko Rebraca's expiring. You can also have Korolev if you like.

EDIT: So that leaves your roster with:

CE: Samuel Dalemburt | Alan Hendersen | Zeljko Rebraca
PF: Chris Webber | Shavlik Randolph | Steven Smith
SF: Andre Igoudala | Corey Maggette | Bobby Jones
SG: Cuttino Mobley | Rodney Carney(Or Kyle Korver) | Ivan McFarlin
PG: Sam Cassell | Willie Green | Louis Williams | Kevin Ollie

Waive Jones, McFarlin or Rebraca to get the roster to 15.

On top of that, you have the rights to Guillermo Diaz and gain an additional first rounder in 2007. Run a 10 Man Rotation by using Randolph, Maggette, Carney, Green and Ollie|Williams off the bench and you have a solid squad. You can even run and gun by having Maggs or Carney @ PF and Webber or Dalemburt at Center with Green running the point.

Last edited by qrich : 12-16-2006 at 07:29 PM.
Old 12-18-2006, 10:15 PM   #26
dominic
Can barely lace up my sneakers

dominic has an OK reputation so far
Default Long Term vs Short Term

A I and his large salary alters the club's long term salary cap plans.
They need to keep Brand, Kaman and Livingston together for the next several years and develop the team around them. The 2007 draft is deep in NBA qualty players. The Clippers have two first round picks.

There appears to be a long term approach in place. Have some patience.
dominic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 01:42 AM   #27
ROCKETQUEEN
Can barely lace up my sneakers

ROCKETQUEEN has an OK reputation so far
Default No No

Not Sam
ROCKETQUEEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 04:58 PM   #28
adiedanny
Die Hard Clippers Fan

adiedanny has decent reputation

Looks like AI is going to Denver for sorry A Miller, Joe Smith and two first round picks. I'm just glad we still have Livingston, now let's move on and find a home and player for Maggette.
adiedanny is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: