Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-01-2011, 03:39 PM   #16
PurpleChuck
Banned
 
PurpleChuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Miami
Posts: 4,793
Default Re: Arroyo Waived..... For Bibby?

Start hunting for some good Centers please.
PurpleChuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 03:41 PM   #17
kidachi
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Arroyo Waived..... For Bibby?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReturnofJPR
They can't match up with Chicago either, who owns them by the way like every ELITE team owns the Heat.

The Heat have NOTHING to match up with Joakim Noah, Omer Asik, Taj Gibson, Kurt Thomas, and Carlos Boozer. Nothing!

and yes.. thank you.. I forgot about the Bulls..

but with all due respect.. when it's time to go.. I think Heat will beat the bulls..

I know you disagree.. but we'll just agree to disagree..

  Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 03:44 PM   #18
Nash
NBA rookie of the year
 
Nash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 6,621
Default Re: Arroyo Waived..... For Bibby?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReturnofJPR
Chalmers was the first option. Arroyo has been getting DNP's for a while now...



What does that matter? They already have James Jones, Eddie House, Mike Miller, etc. I'd rather have House play the Point and shoot the 3 in the clutch than Bibby.
Bibby is also a clutch shooter. Also, having a PG who can shoot the 3 is important for Miami since they don't really need their PG to be a playmaker since they have Lebron and Wade for that.
Nash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 03:46 PM   #19
ReturnofJPR
Mirotic: Euro MVP '13
 
ReturnofJPR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Mirotic enters Chicago in 2014
Posts: 2,675
Default Re: Arroyo Waived..... For Bibby?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidachi
and yes.. thank you.. I forgot about the Bulls..

but with all due respect.. when it's time to go.. I think Heat will beat the bulls..

I know you disagree.. but we'll just agree to disagree..


Of course I disagree. Chicago has the better defense, rebounding, PG, Bigs, bench, etc.

Miami has no bigs, no bench, and worst of all..the Miami Heat are soft. Just like Christina Bosh.

We will see who gets that 1 seed. Miami plays 1 on 1. Chicago plays as a team. We'll see which works better come the playoffs. And up to it.
ReturnofJPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 03:47 PM   #20
flipogb
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 4,996
Default Re: Arroyo Waived..... For Bibby?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidachi
Heat don't need a PG.. they have Wade and LeBron..

they need a fucking big man..

they can't keep matching up with LA and Boston with that.. they look like midgets..
you guys have the size(Damp and Z are huge), its just that they all suck
flipogb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 03:48 PM   #21
ginobli2311
Very good NBA starter
 
ginobli2311's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 7,019
Default Re: Arroyo Waived..... For Bibby?

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisoner
Arroyo as a third pg isn't bad...but first?
Huge upgrade for Miami.

this. bibby is certainly not the star he was on the kings, but he can still knock down threes about as good as anyone. bibby will be out there in crunch time, and you can't leave him. so if miller is out there as well, you have two guys that can not only hit threes as good as anyone, but both of them can score off the dribble on their own as well.

this is a very big move imo.
ginobli2311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 03:49 PM   #22
ReturnofJPR
Mirotic: Euro MVP '13
 
ReturnofJPR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Mirotic enters Chicago in 2014
Posts: 2,675
Default Re: Arroyo Waived..... For Bibby?

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipogb
you guys have the size(Damp and Z are huge), its just that they all suck

And they can't run. Guys like Noah, who can out-run Paul Pierce on the fastbreak and has done so in the playoffs, will run circles around those old fogies. And I don't know why Joel Anthony is still on the HEAT. Funniest thing of all, Joel Anthony got a pretty good long term deal for himself and will be sticking around on South Beach for years...
ReturnofJPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 03:49 PM   #23
Haymaker
College superstar
 
Haymaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,456
Default Re: Arroyo Waived..... For Bibby?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidachi
Heat don't need a PG.. they have Wade and LeBron..

they need a fucking big man..

they can't keep matching up with LA and Boston with that.. they look like midgets..

This. If they need a PG, they need someone who takes the ball away from Bron and actually run the offense.
Haymaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 03:52 PM   #24
kidachi
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Arroyo Waived..... For Bibby?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReturnofJPR
Of course I disagree. Chicago has the better defense, rebounding, PG, Bigs, bench, etc.

Miami has no bigs, no bench, and worst of all..the Miami Heat are soft. Just like Christina Bosh.

We will see who gets that 1 seed. Miami plays 1 on 1. Chicago plays as a team. We'll see which works better come the playoffs. And up to it.

Ok man.. we'll see.

and BTW, yes Chris Bosh is soft.. I'd trade him in a heartbeat if I had the power.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 03:53 PM   #25
kidachi
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Arroyo Waived..... For Bibby?

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipogb
you guys have the size(Damp and Z are huge), its just that they all suck

That's why I said they need a big..

they're few and they suck. Damp and Z against KG, Big Baby, Shaq, JO, Gasol, Odom and on and on and on.. --->
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 03:59 PM   #26
ReturnofJPR
Mirotic: Euro MVP '13
 
ReturnofJPR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Mirotic enters Chicago in 2014
Posts: 2,675
Default Re: Arroyo Waived..... For Bibby?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidachi
Ok man.. we'll see.

and BTW, yes Chris Bosh is soft.. I'd trade him in a heartbeat if I had the power.

And who are the HEAT going to go to in the clutch? Bron has too big of an ego not to take a clutch shot ever again for the Heat. He has to prove to himself, and the world, that he can hit the clutch shot despite him bricking them non-stop lately (like against the Bulls, Knicks, etc.)

At least Chicago knows they have clutch players like Deng and Rose. Heck, Korver even hit the game winning 3 over the HEAT the 1st time around...
ReturnofJPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 04:00 PM   #27
oldschool4ever
I hit open 5-footers
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 239
Default Re: Arroyo Waived..... For Bibby?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginobli2311
this. bibby is certainly not the star he was on the kings, but he can still knock down threes about as good as anyone. bibby will be out there in crunch time, and you can't leave him. so if miller is out there as well, you have two guys that can not only hit threes as good as anyone, but both of them can score off the dribble on their own as well.

this is a very big move imo.


so he starts over house during crunch time?

wade, lebron, bosh,

offensively, i'll put house and james jones in with the big 3.
oldschool4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 04:03 PM   #28
ginobli2311
Very good NBA starter
 
ginobli2311's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 7,019
Default Re: Arroyo Waived..... For Bibby?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReturnofJPR
And who are the HEAT going to go to in the clutch? Bron has too big of an ego not to take a clutch shot ever again for the Heat. He has to prove to himself, and the world, that he can hit the clutch shot despite him bricking them non-stop lately (like against the Bulls, Knicks, etc.)

At least Chicago knows they have clutch players like Deng and Rose. Heck, Korver even hit the game winning 3 over the HEAT the 1st time around...


why are just ignoring lebron's entire history of clutch shots. stop being a prisoner of the moment.

lebron has 5 game winners in the playoffs for his career. he's on pace to make the most out of any player all time.

lebron is not the best game winning shot player ever, but he's one of the best in the league right now. a few misses on a new team can't change that.

this clutch thing is getting blown out of proportion. even the best players shoot under 40%.

having bibby on the floor in these situations is a huge upgrade.
ginobli2311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 04:04 PM   #29
ginobli2311
Very good NBA starter
 
ginobli2311's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 7,019
Default Re: Arroyo Waived..... For Bibby?

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldschool4ever
so he starts over house during crunch time?

wade, lebron, bosh,

offensively, i'll put house and james jones in with the big 3.

yes, i'd much rather have bibby out there than house late in games. its not even a question for me.

not only is bibby as good of or a better shooter, but he can actually get his own shot and make a play for somebody else if need be.
ginobli2311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 04:04 PM   #30
ReturnofJPR
Mirotic: Euro MVP '13
 
ReturnofJPR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Mirotic enters Chicago in 2014
Posts: 2,675
Default Re: Arroyo Waived..... For Bibby?

Bron has never played next to Wade before, this is a new experience for him and so far the entire planet is laughing at LeBrick's lame attempts at clutch shots. He has failed miserably in his new situation in the clutch.

It's a serious problem for the HEAT right now and don't act like it isn't because it is.
ReturnofJPR is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:28 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy