Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-01-2011, 10:06 PM   #16
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: How many people in the world do you think are on the internet right now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul
Whenever I'm on vacation I make it a point not to do anything online except print boarding passes. Much more relaxing that way.

But do you go through withdrawl, similar to what Beavis and Butthead went through in the movie when their TV got stolen?
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 10:10 PM   #17
Ariza4three
Hi BB, Hi Rose, Hi Jam

Ariza4three is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAriza4three is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAriza4three is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAriza4three is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAriza4three is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAriza4three is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAriza4three is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAriza4three is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAriza4three is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAriza4three is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: How many people in the world do you think are on the internet right now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoGunzJustSkillz
lol, i googled the answer and this link popped up.

http://www.worldometers.info/

i know it doesn't answer your question, but seemed pretty cool regardless.

Holy shit we're doomed. That's too many f*cking babies. What's the birth rate like 2 babies per second?
Ariza4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 10:10 PM   #18
PowerGlove
By Any Means

PowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoGunzJustSkillz
lol, i googled the answer and this link popped up.

http://www.worldometers.info/

i know it doesn't answer your question, but seemed pretty cool regardless.
Pretty fucked up watching the numbers change on some of these stats.
PowerGlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 10:13 PM   #19
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

people die every second that's crazy
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 10:14 PM   #20
Riddler
D-94

Riddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariza4three
Holy shit we're doomed. That's too many f*cking babies. What's the birth rate like 2 babies per second?

We are approaching 7 Billion.

Some Rich dude somewhere is getting upset about this... I can just picture it.

He's thinking to himself... "How can I reduce that number drastically?"
Riddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 10:17 PM   #21
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The real question is how many people right now are doing a Cleveland steamer?
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 10:19 PM   #22
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
Computers were expensive back than, and lot of folks didn't have one. If you did have one, a lot of folks didn't have the internet. If you had the internet, it was slow dial-up.

Now, you don't even need a computer for the internet.

I was dialing up local BBS's on my 286 in '93, posting on message boards telling people they were idiots and playing word games. OG forum poster.
DeuceWallaces is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 10:22 PM   #23
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariza4three

I read an article in the Economist recently that talked about this. It discussed how the population growth rate is actually slowing down from the past couple of decades because the momentum from the baby boomers is dying down. The projection is that the human population will be stable at something like 8.4 billion by 2050.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 10:56 PM   #24
Jasper
Bucks Brigade

Jasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh1981
Good question.

Other questions for you and others to ponder:
-when was the last time you went an entire day without getting online?
-could you go "cold turkey and "quit" the internet?
-what was your internet activity like 5 years ago? 10? 15? Compare that to now.

Yeah, it really is amazing. I really doubt anyone goes more than a few hours at a time without staring at some sort of screen.
Now you will make me feel old.
I work in the IT industry , working right now.
But hate to live in the town I work , so I have always commuted.
I preached stay away from work when I am at home.
Problem is work has followed me home , and now have 3 pc's at home/
I could go cold turkey , but I have to many avenues , finding a chick , watching games as well as this forum.
5 years ago , null , 10 years ago zip , 15 years ago (no way)

Problem is even in a rural environment as I am , the net helps in many ways .
Problem is the company I work for , will eventually put alot out there , and I am afraid all money transactions and accounts will lead to it's use.
Needless to say I am old school and don't trust my money and accounts on the super dubber highway.
Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 10:58 PM   #25
Jasper
Bucks Brigade

Jasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
I was dialing up local BBS's on my 286 in '93, posting on message boards telling people they were idiots and playing word games. OG forum poster.

you old toooo
Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: