Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-04-2011, 03:02 AM   #1
Hulk Hogan
Banned

Default Dwyane Wade vs. Kobe Bryant - Late Game Officiating! (Why D-Wade is D-Whistle)

So we saw Dwyane drive to the rim, goes up against Dwight and doesn't get touched and still miraculously gets a call after missing badly on his drive attempt.

If you watched the game live, you would notice that the call was made very late and after Wade clearly missed.

Let's break it down. Wade drives, see's Dwight. He jumps into him. Meanwhile, Dwight goes straight up and when coming down. This is the key: When coming down, Dwight doesn't TOUCH wade whatsoever.

Now compare this we last sunday game, with the game on the line. Kobe drives to the rim, gets hacked and almost KILLED, but the refs refused to make a foul call. He then had to hit a difficult jumper and again hit on his elbow (still the refs didn't call anything).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zurH6_hkXBw

I think this tells us what we have been saying all along. The NBA referees are a joke. They don't call a foul when someone is hacked going to the rim, then they call one when someone isn't even touched.

I truly believe if Wade was the one doing the drive for the tie versus the Knicks, he would have gotten two freethrows out of it.

But I just don't get it. What is it with the favor-ism of Dwyane wade by the referees?
The dude even gets calls that Lebron doesn't even get. So many plays similar to this has happened in the clutch this year alone. Where he doesn't even get touched and still gets foul calls.

This blatantly portrays that the scene of the 06' finals and the free-throw parades weren't a fluke.

I hope this does not continue into the Playoffs. If so, Miami is a lock to win it this year. You can't play defends in the final minutes when you know a guy by the name of Dwyane wade will automatically get 2 freethrows if he even attempts to drive to the rim. This is em-brassing to the league.

Last edited by Hulk Hogan : 03-04-2011 at 03:16 AM.
Hulk Hogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 03:09 AM   #2
Lebron23
2nd Greatest Player

Default Re: Dwyane Wade vs. Kobe Bryant - Late Game Officiating! (Why D-Wade is D-Whistle)

Can you please stop posting in this forum? You are one of the main reasons why some of the ISH posters hated Kobe. Please stop demonizing Wade, Jordan, and LeBron. Kobe is already a very successful basketball player. You don't need to compare him to the other NBA players. I actually enjoy watching him play. I was a Kobe fan before LeBron was drafted in the NBA.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 03:12 AM   #3
Hulk Hogan
Banned

Default Re: Dwyane Wade vs. Kobe Bryant - Late Game Officiating! (Why D-Wade is D-Whistle)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron23
Can you please stop posting in this forum? You are one of the main reasons why some of the ISH posters hated Kobe. Please stop demonizing Wade, Jordan, and LeBron.

Kobe is a Legendary NBA player. I actually enjoy watching him play.

Shut up. You contribute nothing to this forum. You contributed nothing to this thread. Why don't you talk about the topic at hand. At-least share your feelings.. Don't turn this into another Kobe vs Wade vs Lebron vs Jordan thread! Because its not!

Why can't fans or stans be for real for one in their life.
Why can't there be a coherent discussion on controversial topics?
Old 03-04-2011, 03:12 AM   #4
Pursuer
Dunking on everybody in the park

Just in case anyone was wondering, Dwight was moving towards Wade so that's a foul.
Pursuer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 03:12 AM   #5
SkyR#1fanCapCou
Decent playground baller

SkyR#1fanCapCou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 03:14 AM   #6
monkeypox
National High School Star

Not a Wade fan, but it does look like lower body contact. Not worth getting a foul, but still looks like small contact.
monkeypox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 03:15 AM   #7
Hulk Hogan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pursuer
Just in case anyone was wondering, Dwight was moving towards Wade so that's a foul.

He wasn't, the top point of view is deceiving because the camera is moving.
Look at the one from the side. It shows plaining that it was Wade that jumped into Dwight's body. Even the commentators said so. They also made the remark that he jumped straight up.

My point is, how can refs call that a foul and then let another superstar player get mauled with the game on the line?
Old 03-04-2011, 03:19 AM   #8
Hulk Hogan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeypox
Not a Wade fan, but it does look like lower body contact. Not worth getting a foul, but still looks like small contact.

Look at the this view: It shows you how much contact there actually was, which is close to none. He barely touched him with his body. The top view is blocks you from seeing that there was actully no contact because of the position of the top camera.

But this view shows you everything, hardly any body contact, and no contact when coming down. Plus the whistle was VERRRRRY LATE!

now watch this video and tell me what you see: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zurH6_hkXBw

Last edited by Hulk Hogan : 03-04-2011 at 03:22 AM.
Old 03-04-2011, 03:22 AM   #9
D-nugz
I usually hit open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk Hogan
He wasn't, the top point of view is deceiving because the camera is moving.
Look at the one from the side. It shows plaining that it was Wade that jumped into Dwight's body. Even the commentators said so. They also made the remark that he jumped straight up.

My point is, how can refs call that a foul and then let another superstar player get mauled with the game on the line?

It's a close call in todays game, what do you expect??
Lebron/Wade/Kobe all 3 get calls for little touches. Gone are the days when basketball wasn't soft. Today's game favors offense.

Plus refs are so inconsistent with calls as well.
D-nugz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 03:25 AM   #10
Lebron23
2nd Greatest Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk Hogan
Shut up. You contribute nothing to this forum. You contributed nothing to this thread. Why don't you talk about the topic at hand. At-least share your feelings.. Don't turn this into another Kobe vs Wade vs Lebron vs Jordan thread! Because its not!

Why can't fans or stans be for real for one in their life.
Why can't there be a coherent discussion on controversial topics?

You have an agenda. The Heat didn't even win the game. The referee saw a slight body contact. By the way The Referees always favor the Home Team in the last 2 minutes.
Old 03-04-2011, 03:27 AM   #11
Lebron23
2nd Greatest Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-nugz
It's a close call in todays game, what do you expect??
Lebron/Wade/Kobe all 3 get calls for little touches. Gone are the days when basketball wasn't soft. Today's game favors offense.

Plus refs are so inconsistent with calls as well.

Good post.

http://niketalk.yuku.com/topic/82628...things-Ref-rel

NBA Superstars always get Superstar Treatments.
Old 03-04-2011, 03:35 AM   #12
Hulk Hogan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron23
You have an agenda. The Heat didn't even win the game. The referee saw a slight body contact. By the way The Referees always favor the Home Team in the last 2 minutes.

Both my point is, if calls are made because of slight body contact won't there be alot more calls in a duration of a basketball game?

Secondly, why didn't Kobe get a call like that just days ago in the same situation... Except, it wasn't a slight body contact, but was HAMMERED.

You are right about one thing.
I have an agenda, and the agenda for this thread is to show that Wade does get ref treatment, and he gets it on a rate unlike anybody else in the NBA.
He gets it when it counts aswell, unlike players like Lebron or Kobe.

I showed a video and Kobe getting hacked twice in the clutch and the refs doing nothing about it. Yet we see a video of no contact and refs still make a call.

Again, you make good points. But I'm just saying, Wade gets the most superstar treatments out of all the superstars in the league and it shows up in the clutch.
Old 03-04-2011, 03:39 AM   #13
shadow
Laker fan here

you are sooo wrong. clearly Wade got hit. You see the speck of sweat fly off of Dwight's forearm and catch wade in the nose? The ref saw it too. That's a foul.
shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 04:15 AM   #14
amfirst
Good college starter

Lets be real 9 out of 10 times Kobe would never get that call. I've seen worst and he gets no calls. I think it has to do with the way he moves, he just so smooth that he doesn't get the benefit of the doubt. Wade and LeBron tend to bend their knees and fail all over the place which gives the illusion that they got fouled.
amfirst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 04:18 AM   #15
LEFT4DEAD
ISH' Muslim Community

That was clearly a foul acording to basketball rules. You don't know shit about basketball young man.
LEFT4DEAD is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: