Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-04-2011, 12:32 PM   #1
ILLsmak
Life goes on.

ILLsmak has decent reputation
Default What if Perk and Nate stay injured?

Supposedly Perk is coming back, but I'm not gonna believe it until I see him finish out the season without going down again. Nate is having problems now, too.

Does that change the idea that the trade was bad?

-Smak
ILLsmak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 12:53 PM   #2
Thunder_Up
I airball my layups

Thunder_Up has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: What if Perk and Nate stay injured?

Nate seemed fine in the pacers game two days ago. I can't imagine he's in that bad of shape after seeing him play. If Perkins doesn't come back I think we can manage with Mohammed until next year.

Last edited by Thunder_Up : 03-04-2011 at 01:02 PM.
Thunder_Up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 12:59 PM   #3
R.I.P.
NBA lottery pick

R.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLsmak
Supposedly Perk is coming back, but I'm not gonna believe it until I see him finish out the season without going down again. Nate is having problems now, too.

Does that change the idea that the trade was bad?

-Smak

Yes, if they never play another game the trade was shit for the Thunder.
R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 01:02 PM   #4
ILLsmak
Life goes on.

ILLsmak has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder_Up
Nate seemed fine in the pacers game two days ago. I can't imagine he's in that bad of shape after seeing him play. If Perkins doesn't come back I think we can maange with Mohammed until next year.

He's out at least four-to-six weeks they say...

lol And yea obviously it's a bad trade if they don't come back ever, but I'm just saying it's interesting that both of these guys are hurt now. It's almost like...they knew. But there's really no way they could have slipped that through.

I mean, Perk was injured, sure, but Nate? And having that problem w/ his knee had to be going on for some time, IMO.

-Smak
ILLsmak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 01:11 PM   #5
Thunder_Up
I airball my layups

Thunder_Up has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

lol And yea obviously it's a bad trade if they don't come back ever, but I'm just saying it's interesting that both of these guys are hurt now. It's almost like...they knew. But there's really no way they could have slipped that through.

I mean, Perk was injured, sure, but Nate? And having that problem w/ his knee had to be going on for some time, IMO.

-Smak

Well dang, just caught up on that. Though honestly I don't know why OKC grabbed Robinson. He's good but with Westbrook, Maynor, and Harden being the first guard off the bench I'm not sure there are a lot of minutes for him.
Thunder_Up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 01:11 PM   #6
Crown&Coke
Stay Strong Droth

Crown&Coke is popular on this boardCrown&Coke is popular on this boardCrown&Coke is popular on this boardCrown&Coke is popular on this boardCrown&Coke is popular on this board

Quote:

-Smak

I don't remember Perk having knee problems before being dealt? So he is hurt right now?

OKC voided the Chandler deal because they had questions about his foot, I am sure they would have been just as dilligent with Perk since they inked him to a fat deal already. And he hadn't even played a minute with the team.

If Perk doesn't play this year, the deal is still pretty. But if he has continual knee issues, that will mark the first bad decision the Thunder has made ever.
Crown&Coke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 01:13 PM   #7
Crown&Coke
Stay Strong Droth

Crown&Coke is popular on this boardCrown&Coke is popular on this boardCrown&Coke is popular on this boardCrown&Coke is popular on this boardCrown&Coke is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder_Up
Well dang, just caught up on that. Though honestly I don't know why OKC grabbed Robinson. He's good but with Westbrook, Maynor, and Harden being the first guard off the bench I'm not sure there are a lot of minutes for him.

They needed the numbers to match up as Boston wouldn't be able to get both Green and Kristic since they are over the cap. They probably wanted Green for certain, but with all their bigs being hurt, they needed Kristic badly. So they got a center back after moving a center.
Crown&Coke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 01:25 PM   #8
Nastradamus
Local High School Star

Nastradamus is considered somewhat coolNastradamus is considered somewhat coolNastradamus is considered somewhat cool

Well Jeff Green and Kristic suck if that helps.
Nastradamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 01:29 PM   #9
BoxOutBOXOUT
Banned

BoxOutBOXOUT has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.I.P.
Yes, if they never play another game the trade was shit for the Thunder.
LOL. This.
BoxOutBOXOUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 01:30 PM   #10
ThunderKat
High School JV MVP

ThunderKat has an OK reputation so far

Nate wasn't going to play much of a role if any. I think the Thunder had to take him in order to get Perkins. Too many people look at the here and the now. The Thunder have been known to look at the bigger picture and that's why they grabbed Perkins. Sam Presti said they are going to bring Perkins back slowly.
ThunderKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 01:48 PM   #11
MMM
877-954-1893

MMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nastradamus
Well Jeff Green and Kristic suck if that helps.

Krstic has actually been a pleasant surprise while Green is still trying to adjust to a new role.
MMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 01:49 PM   #12
dunksby
ISH's Scribbler

dunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation here

what If We All Go Blind!!!!!!!!!!!
dunksby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 01:52 PM   #13
thejumpa
Sonics bandwagoner

thejumpa is considered somewhat coolthejumpa is considered somewhat cool

Nate isn't hurt like that. He just doesn't want to play for OKC. I don't blame him.
thejumpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 03:22 PM   #14
MayCeltics
Banned

MayCeltics posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryMayCeltics posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryMayCeltics posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

What if Kobe didn't do it
what if Lebron was clutch
what if Portland drafted Durant
what if Isiah was still Knicks GM
MayCeltics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 03:23 PM   #15
TonyD
High School Varsity 12th Man

TonyD has an OK reputation so far

Nate is out 4-6 weeks.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=6181370
TonyD is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: