Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-01-2011, 09:25 AM   #1
The_LA_Blakers
KLove=overrated

Default What is it about the Heat that makes them lose close games?

What is it about the Heat that makes them lose close game after close game?

Looking at their games against the Bulls and Knick. In both games they had big leads they gave up, and couldn't close the deal at the end.

The Knicks were determined to win that game, and Chauncey just came up big for them.

In the Bulls game, Deng was just money all game.

Is it their help defense that always leaves someone wide open?

And, is Murphy and Bibby really what they need to win the East?
The_LA_Blakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 09:29 AM   #2
niko
I Run NY.

Default Re: What is it about the Heat that makes them lose close games?

Neither Lebron or Wade is a great stand alone shooter. Bosh is good but it's not his best talent. And Lebron, who is less clutch that Wade insists on the play starting with him.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 09:58 AM   #3
The_LA_Blakers
KLove=overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
Neither Lebron or Wade is a great stand alone shooter. Bosh is good but it's not his best talent. And Lebron, who is less clutch that Wade insists on the play starting with him.

Yeah I knew LBJ was getting that last shot in those games. Why don't they defer more to Jones?

Bibby coming over would probably help that a lot. Dude isn't an elite PG, but he can hit the big shots.

Murphy could help that too.

And someone please tell my why Z isn't getting more playing time, especially against a small team like the Knicks. Yeah, he's slow, but he makes jumpers and can help on the boards.
Old 03-01-2011, 10:01 AM   #4
Cangri
Local High School Star

Rebounding was a major issue in those 2 games, they are letting other teams have second chance opportunities late in games.
Cangri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 10:04 AM   #5
pauk
NBA Legend

everybody say how stacked and good miami heat is but dont realise that its only a team of lebron wade and bosh
thats all they got!!! stacked my ass!! besides lebron wade bosh the rest of miami heat are freakin scrubs dude

so they cant afford wade or lebron or bosh playing bad
all of them have to produce
and wade always gets nullified against great defenses

also wade and lebron is not the best combination
wade is a shooting guard but he is terrible of the ball anyways and is most definitely not a --->SHOOTING<---GUARD

u cant expect lebron to play of the ball
he is a pointguard pointforward the most productive at that and i think has best passing-court vision in the nba
he is supposed to set people up and score when he has to

but wade is a SHOOTINGGUARD he has to play like a SHOOTINGGUARD

Last edited by pauk : 03-01-2011 at 10:08 AM.
pauk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 10:06 AM   #6
Heat007
Unguardable

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_LA_Blakers

And someone please tell my why Z isn't getting more playing time, especially against a small team like the Knicks. Yeah, he's slow, but he makes jumpers and can help on the boards.

I don't know why either.

He didn't play in the last bulls game either and I was pissed. He works very well with Bosh so why didn't Spo put Z in there right before halftime or right after halftime as it was clear Bosh was having an off night at that point. The Heat's halfcourt offense looks best when Z is in at center.

Z played in 46 of the 47 games before that bulls game. And he played in the games before the knicks game.

On a team the heat have a size advantage over it was stupid not to play Z. The Heat are giving way too many minutes to Joel Anthony. He doesn't deserve those minutes as he doesn't bring much to the table except for the odd shot block and defensive positioning.

I know he's more athletic but Anthony does nothing else but positioning. He can't even catch a pass cleanly

Last edited by Heat007 : 03-01-2011 at 10:09 AM.
Heat007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 10:13 AM   #7
The_LA_Blakers
KLove=overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heat007
I don't know why either.

He didn't play in the last bulls game either and I was pissed. He works very well with Bosh so why didn't Spo put Z in there right before halftime or right after halftime as it was clear Bosh was having an off night at that point. The Heat's halfcourt offense looks best when Z is in at center.

Z played in 46 of the 47 games before that bulls game. And he played in the games before the knicks game.

On a team the heat have a size advantage over it was stupid not to play Z. The Heat are giving way too many minutes to Joel Anthony. He doesn't deserve those minutes as he doesn't bring much to the table except for the odd shot block and defensive positioning.

I know he's more athletic but Anthony does nothing else but positioning. He can't even catch a pass cleanly

Exactly man. They'd have won that Bulls game if he gives Z 15 minutes off the Bench. Bosh was wide open all game, the Bulls wouldn't have changed anything with Z in there. They'd have let him shoot those jumpers, and he'd have made them.

The Knicks looked like a much bigger team than they really are when they played Miami.

If Miami is smart, the Big 3 will restructure and go after a bonafide big and keep guys like Bibby, Jones, Chalmers, and Z on the bench.

A guy like Tyson Chandler would have made this team ridiculous. Good defender, good rebounder, and excellent FT shooter for a big.
Old 03-01-2011, 10:18 AM   #8
Ne 1
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauk
everybody say how stacked and good miami heat is but dont realise that its only a team of lebron wade and bosh
thats all they got!!! stacked my ass!! besides lebron wade bosh the rest of miami heat are freakin scrubs dude

so they cant afford wade or lebron or bosh playing bad
all of them have to produce
and wade always gets nullified against great defenses

also wade and lebron is not the best combination
wade is a shooting guard but he is terrible of the ball anyways and is most definitely not a --->SHOOTING<---GUARD

u cant expect lebron to play of the ball
he is a pointguard pointforward the most productive at that and i think has best passing-court vision in the nba
he is supposed to set people up and score when he has to

but wade is a SHOOTINGGUARD he has to play like a SHOOTINGGUARD

Miami is stacked. They have 2 of the 3 best players in the world and another top 15-20 player. Along with solid role players in Haslem, Big Z, Miller and House.

When will all the excuses end?

We didn't hear any of this when Wade, LeBron and Bosh all signed with Miami. All we heard was it doesn't really matter who you put around them. because they are so talented that they will be able to compete with anyone.

Even LeBron said "It's gonna be easy, I feel bad for who ever has to guard us". He guaranteed that the Heat would win 8 championships, did that not count for this year?

Now the problem is that the role players aren't good enough? C'mon.
Ne 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 11:17 AM   #9
MMM
877-954-1893

Their iso oriented offense is too predictable. There lack of a post presence and reliable jump shooters make them easy to guard especially down the stretch of games. Ultimately it is probably what will cost them a shot @ the LOB trophy this year.
MMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 11:20 AM   #10
pauk
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ne 1
Miami is stacked. They have 2 of the 3 best players in the world and another top 15-20 player. Along with solid role players in Haslem, Big Z, Miller and House.

When will all the excuses end?

We didn't hear any of this when Wade, LeBron and Bosh all signed with Miami. All we heard was it doesn't really matter who you put around them. because they are so talented that they will be able to compete with anyone.

Even LeBron said "It's gonna be easy, I feel bad for who ever has to guard us". He guaranteed that the Heat would win 8 championships, did that not count for this year?

Now the problem is that the role players aren't good enough? C'mon.

miller has been injured
totally injury proned
and when he played he never step up bricking open jumpshot after open jumpshot

haslem has been GONE

and lol @ big z

house has been good doe for a bench roleplayer!

when miami is fully healthy they are better
but im talkin about the situation right NOW
pauk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 11:25 AM   #11
Mr. I'm So Rad
Banned

The Miami Heat this year are just the Cleveland Cavaliers of last year except Dwyane Wade is the 2nd best player instead of Mo Williams.

The same offense: Give it to LeBron and hope he does something. Unless Wade and LeBron develop some off ball skills it won't matter who else they bring in because they will always lose against teams that can shrink the floor and force them to be jump shooters.

It starts with your best players (LBJ, Wade). Unless they can step their game up then it won't matter who else you bring. Bibby and Murphy don't add anything. They are just more jump shooters which is why I don't get why people were so hyped over Mike Miller coming back from injury. He is a pretty decent rebounder for a guard yes, but as far as offense he is just another jump shooter. That doesn't solve Miami's offensive problems
Mr. I'm So Rad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 11:26 AM   #12
wagexslave
Messiahbolical

I think a lot of it has to do with other teams just wanting to beat the Heat just out of pure dislike. I mean... nobody likes these guys other than Heat fans and LeBrick bandwagoners.

I'm sure motivation plays a big part. Shit... I'd be motivated as hell playing against them after all the stupid hype they built up about themselves this offseason. "Not 1... not 2... not 3... not 4... not 5... not 6... not 7..." lolol F*ck them, I hope they never win rings just because of that garbage.
wagexslave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 11:27 AM   #13
kidachi

pauk - what an avy.. I'm not a fan of that humor.. but i did chuckled..

anyway.. Heat lose close games 'cause no one wants to do the dirty work. They have those 3 stars and the rest are mostly offensive guys.. Dampier is the lone dirty work guy.. he's not good at it.. and with all due respect.. I think he's a good guy.. but Joel Anthony sucks
Old 03-01-2011, 11:29 AM   #14
JMT
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM
Their iso oriented offense is too predictable. There lack of a post presence and reliable jump shooters make them easy to guard especially down the stretch of games. Ultimately it is probably what will cost them a shot @ the LOB trophy this year.

Good post.

And nobody seems to be m,entioning the OTHER end of the floor, though that's not surprising here. The lack of understanding of the game from so many posters is head-scratching on a basketball site.

What happened against Chicago? Yes, LeBron took a rushed, lousy shot at the end, which is where 99% of the focus has been.

But the key happened on the Bulls possession. Wade committed a jr high mistake, leaving his man to help on Rose, who was guarded by James. Leaves Deng open for a gimme 3.

They don't defend as a team. They don't run cohesive offensive sets down the stretch.

You have guys who have never been asked to defer to anyone else, who have never had to set up anyone else, who have never been asked to fill a specific role other than ball-monopolizing star. They don't know how to do anything else.
JMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 11:31 AM   #15
ChiCity
Not airballing my layups anymore

Lebron has just been so clutch lately
ChiCity is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: