Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-02-2011, 05:43 PM   #16
jbryan1984
Good college starter

jbryan1984 is considered somewhat cooljbryan1984 is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Mavs sign Corey Brewer

Nice pick up for Dallas. If its true Butler will be good for the playoffs, they are looking pretty damn stacked.
jbryan1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 05:45 PM   #17
Rose
nanu nanu

Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by BankShot
What recognition is that?

I think he's widely (and fairly) regarded as world-class athlete, a good perimeter defender, a much improved outside shooter, but otherwise a very limited offensive player.
Because IMO I think he's one of the best wing defenders in the game. Think about how often you hear him get that? the ONLY time I've heard someone say that was Bill Simmons two years ago said when he tore his ACL, that if he didn't come back from it that it'd be a shame we'd miss out on the next Ron Artest of wing defenders. I don't think he's Artest good or will be at defense. but he's definitely top notch. Him and Sefo are unsung heroes in my book.
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 05:47 PM   #18
fos
It's not rebound-ball.

fos is a pretty well-respected posterfos is a pretty well-respected posterfos is a pretty well-respected posterfos is a pretty well-respected poster

I'm happy :)
fos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 06:15 PM   #19
tsforthrees
red vines cray

tsforthrees has decent reputation

seems like Brewer had his pick between Dallas, San Antonio and Boston. This was a good choice on his part. If he doesn't start immediately I think he will be by the end of the season and into the playoffs.
tsforthrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 06:19 PM   #20
MMM
877-954-1893

MMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation here

Good pick up for dallas I really wanted him on Boston but at least the mavs finally have a decent defender to put on kobe.
MMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 06:22 PM   #21
Nastradamus
Local High School Star

Nastradamus is considered somewhat coolNastradamus is considered somewhat coolNastradamus is considered somewhat cool

The Mavs always get killed by top perimeter guys like Manu and Kobe so Brewer helps them. They should/could have done more though. I think they shoulda got Rip.
Nastradamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 07:04 PM   #22
Gundress
Banned

Gundress has a terrific reputationGundress has a terrific reputationGundress has a terrific reputationGundress has a terrific reputationGundress has a terrific reputationGundress has a terrific reputation

Smart move Dallas Mavericks.
Gundress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 07:06 PM   #23
Rnbizzle
Banned

Rnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Good pick up, doesn't solve dallas' biggest issue though.
Rnbizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 07:07 PM   #24
kaybee
I airball my layups

kaybee has an OK reputation so far

Good pick up, would've been better if he had went to Boston. Anyway, I hope the Mavericks do good this year and go deep in the playoffs. Please don't choke this time. You have all the proper pieces to at least make it to the Finals... then lose to the Celtics.
kaybee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 07:09 PM   #25
dirkdiggler41
(no Dirk homer)

dirkdiggler41 is popular on this boarddirkdiggler41 is popular on this boarddirkdiggler41 is popular on this boarddirkdiggler41 is popular on this boarddirkdiggler41 is popular on this board

Great pick-up. I hope he starts over Peja right away. Very happy about this pick-up
dirkdiggler41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 07:14 PM   #26
MELOgamaniac
High school junior varsity star

MELOgamaniac has an OK reputation so far

Bad signing for the Mavericks..

Cause When Dallas gets bounced in the playoffs earlier than expected again..people will say

but but but but but DIRK's team sucks..he has no one good...his team has no talent....yet they keep constructing good teams around him

that excuse got old after the 5th year people used it
MELOgamaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 07:17 PM   #27
FireDavidKahn
Decent college freshman

FireDavidKahn is considered somewhat coolFireDavidKahn is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
johnhollinger John Hollinger
by canishoopus
Apparently my feelings on Corey Brewer as a value signing aren't universal. A scout offered me a two-word take -- "he sucks"
18 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply
FireDavidKahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 07:34 PM   #28
cortices
I brick open layups

cortices has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by MELOgamaniac
Bad signing for the Mavericks..

Cause When Dallas gets bounced in the playoffs earlier than expected again..people will say

but but but but but DIRK's team sucks..he has no one good...his team has no talent....yet they keep constructing good teams around him

that excuse got old after the 5th year people used it

I don't know many people that have said his teams outright sucked or that he wasn't surrounded by talented players. It's that he has never had, and still doesn't have, a legit second option. Which in the face of all the recent "super team" crap in the league seems pretty important. The Celtics had four players on the all-star team this year. The Heat had three. The Spurs, Lakers, and the Thunder each had two. The Mavs had one. They've almost always had one (except for when Josh slipped in one year as an injury replacement) and it's usually not even close.
cortices is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 07:39 PM   #29
MELOgamaniac
High school junior varsity star

MELOgamaniac has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by cortices
I don't know many people that have said his teams outright sucked or that he wasn't surrounded by talented players. It's that he has never had, and still doesn't have, a legit second option. Which in the face of all the recent "super team" crap in the league seems pretty important. The Celtics had four players on the all-star team this year. The Heat had three. The Spurs, Lakers, and the Thunder each had two. The Mavs had one. They've almost always had one (except for when Josh slipped in one year as an injury replacement) and it's usually not even close.

No..people are complaining about Dirk teams arent good...you can pull up the threads and it will show..its funny how hypocrital people are...on one end teaming up with superstars is the worse thing you can do and then on the other end, dirk Doesnt have another superstar so thats he chokes and is unsuccesful..

Pistons had no#1 option
The championship Spurs where constructed similar to these mavericks team with great and good role players around their star Timmy.

When Miami beat The mavs's they had Wade and a team of over the hill players so there was no Real second option..so no more excused for Dirk
MELOgamaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 07:42 PM   #30
Ol Dirty Bastard
Local High School Star

Ol Dirty Bastard has not been impressing people

I hope Mavs go far in the playoffs
Ol Dirty Bastard is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: