Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 03-02-2011, 06:52 PM   #1
bluerap
Local High School Star

bluerap has decent reputation
Default Jose holding his own

Quote:
No, I donít remember Jose Calderon playing as well at both ends of the court in a game this year, for sure, and maybe not for a season or two.

That was a clinic.

And Iím not sure what was more impressive: The points, the assists, the rebounds or the way he defended Chris Paul.

You know, and I have hammered it home enough that youíd better, that defence is never about one guy but the job Jose did keeping Paul in front of him was as good as heís done in a very long time.

And letís go through the last four games, all against very, very good teams.

Paul: seven and five.

Jason Kidd: Six and seven.

Steve Nash: Seven and 11.

Derrick Rose: Thirty-two (19 in the fourth) and 10. And Toronto won.

I donít think you can say starting point guards have killed the Raptors as theyíve gone 2-2 against quality opponents in their last four.

From Doug Smith's blog.

Normally I can't stand the guy, but he has a point (no pun intended).
bluerap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 07:13 PM   #2
craigthomasb
College star

craigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Jose holding his own

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluerap
From Doug Smith's blog.

Normally I can't stand the guy, but he has a point (no pun intended).

more trade value in the summer
craigthomasb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 07:26 PM   #3
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

hahaha, I mean he did a decent job defending CP3, but Paul, Nash, and Kidd have all been slumping.

Nash following his 7 and 11 performance in Toronto was 10/13 (on 5-14 shooting) against Indiana. And then 10/15 (on 3-13) against New Jersey.

Kidds previous 3 games before his 6/7 in Toronto he was 6/12, 5/12, 3/14

Chris Paul who is on my fantasy team has been horrendous as of late and put up season low numbers across the board in February.

D-Rose had somewhat of an off game, but it was still not really from Calderon holding him down.

I think Doug Smith has just ran out of things to talk about/write about for the season. Calderon puts together a few good games and suddenly the guy is singing his praises.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 07:27 PM   #4
bluerap
Local High School Star

bluerap has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes15
hahaha, I mean he did a decent job defending CP3, but Paul, Nash, and Kidd have all been slumping.

Nash following his 7 and 11 performance in Toronto was 10/13 (on 5-14 shooting) against Indiana. And then 10/15 (on 3-13) against New Jersey.

Chris Paul who is on my fantasy team has been horrendous as of late and put up season low numbers across the board in February.

D-Rose had somewhat of an off game, but it was still not really from Calderon holding him down.

I think Doug Smith has just ran out of things to talk about/write about for the season. Calderon puts together a few good games and suddenly the guy is singing his praises.

I think Doug's problem is that he works for the raptors so all he is aloud to say is positive stuff.

So yeah, I guess he is forced to grasp at straws.
bluerap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 07:54 PM   #5
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Doug Smith is the Jay Triano of reporters. But I guess he (just like Triano) knows that if he says or does something controversial or goes against the grain in any way, he could lose his job.
Old 03-02-2011, 08:20 PM   #6
FCardelle
High School JV MVP

FCardelle has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

anything goes to bash Calderon
FCardelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 08:29 PM   #7
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Zan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation here

Jose has been playing good of late. I'm not sure what it is, but it seems sometimes he turns it on and plays like gangbusters other times he looks like he shouldn't even be in the NBA.

Maybe injuries?.....I can't figure it out.
Zan Tabak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 09:27 PM   #8
bokes15
Playoffs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCardelle

Where in any of that do you see bashing of Calderon? Do you just see things that the rest of us don't? I don't get it?
Old 03-03-2011, 12:28 AM   #9
Reef
College star

Reef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

Anything goes to ignore facts. You're not even a Raptors fan. You're a Jose/Bargnani fan. Go support a Euroleague team instead.
Reef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 02:28 AM   #10
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Toni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat cool

Calderon is somewhat living up to his contract regardless of his poor defense. I don't mind him holding down the fort at PG until we find a long-term replacement through the draft. He's played fairly well this year in my opinion. At least in the games I actually watched :)
Toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 09:22 AM   #11
Himan12
On the clouds

Himan12 has an OK reputation so far

Trade him ASAP, we have the chance and its not like we are going anywhere significant with him. Calderon has been here to long and is one of the fundamental problems with this team, whether he is playing well or not.

Last edited by Himan12 : 03-03-2011 at 09:31 AM.
Himan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 09:29 AM   #12
FCardelle
High School JV MVP

Quote:
Where in any of that do you see bashing of Calderon? Do you just see things that the rest of us don't? I don't get it?
You made research through some players' stats just to not accept that his defense is not that terrible. That is what I see.
Old 03-03-2011, 09:30 AM   #13
FCardelle
High School JV MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reef
Anything goes to ignore facts. You're not even a Raptors fan. You're a Jose/Bargnani fan. Go support a Euroleague team instead.
And you are only a "young onez" fan. Go support a D-League team.
Old 03-03-2011, 09:34 AM   #14
Himan12
On the clouds

Himan12 has an OK reputation so far

No one is bashing Calderon he is what he is and he doesnt fit with that contract on raptors
Himan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 10:31 AM   #15
bokes15
Playoffs!

Quote:
You made research through some players' stats just to not accept that his defense is not that terrible. That is what I see.
I watch a lot of basketball games, plus I have 3 fantasy teams so I already knew that those 3 guys were slumping. It's not an opinion, it's a fact. Hence the reason why I looked up the exact numbers to post them in here so that we could have a logical and intelligent conversation about it, something you seem to be allergic to. Logic. I said his defense has been "decent" and somehow you mistook the word "decent" for "terrible" because those two words look very similar and have similar definitions when you look them up in the dictionary. Bro, i'm honestly finding you to be worse than beastnani these days. Much worse.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: