Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Utah Jazz Forum

Utah Jazz Forum Utah Jazz forum - Utah Jazz message board

Old 03-08-2011, 05:56 PM   #1
UtahJazzFan88
Jazz Fan

UtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Utah Jazz sign Marcus Cousin from Austo Toros of the D-League

http://www.slcdunk.com/2011/3/8/2038...m-austin-toros

Glad to see the Jazz get someone from the D-League, so we actually have bodies on the court instead of injury prone players. This guy looks like he has potential too. Might be better then Fesenko and Elson already.
UtahJazzFan88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 07:22 PM   #2
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Xiao Yao You is starting to rub some people the wrong wayXiao Yao You is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: Utah Jazz sign Marcus Cousin from Austo Toros of the D-League

Quote:
Might be better then Fesenko and Elson already.

Can't get any worse can ya?

Nice to see they finally picked someone up. A vet would have been nice but that would have cost twice as much I guess.
Xiao Yao You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 09:42 PM   #3
UtahJazzFan88
Jazz Fan

UtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Elson actually I thought played very good in November-December, then on Saturday Night he did a really good job, but other then that he's sucked.

Sounds like Cousin will be getting a good bit of playing time tomorrow night.
Old 03-08-2011, 09:56 PM   #4
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

El Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

He was in training camp with the Spurs who apparently liked him. From Brian T. Smith

Quote:
Jazz dig Cousin's ability to defend the post. Good free throw shooter who can knock down 18-foot spot-up jumpers.
El Kabong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 08:10 PM   #5
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Xiao Yao You is starting to rub some people the wrong wayXiao Yao You is starting to rub some people the wrong way

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/blogsja...ousin.html.csp

Quote:
I worked out with the [San Antonio] Spurs I was there the whole training camp. I played five games in the preseason. I was cut the last day. I felt I was pretty close. It was [tough]. They asked me to come to the Austin Toros, the D-League team. So I went there; I felt as though I was close, and I can get a chance to get called up.

Close to making the Spurs up front is like starting in Utah.

Quote:
Helping the Jazz at crucial point during the team's season: In the draft process I worked out for the Jazz. That went well. I'm just thrilled to join the Jazz. I'm just trying to make the best of it as I can.

So they are already familiar with each other.
Old 03-09-2011, 11:33 PM   #6
UtahJazzFan88
Jazz Fan

Sucks that he wasn't able to play but like 30 seconds, would have been better than the dumbass Fesenko.
Old 03-10-2011, 07:39 PM   #7
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Quote:
would have been better than the dumbass Fesenko

Who wouldn't? Hopefully the Rockets take him off their hands next year.
Old 03-18-2011, 11:21 PM   #8
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Nice knowing ya. He'll probably be the next Louis Admundsen.
Old 04-11-2011, 12:08 PM   #9
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

El Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

He just got a 3 year non-guaranteed deal with the Rockets.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap..._Valley_Vipers
Quote:
The Houston Rockets have signed 6-11 center Marcus Cousin to a three-year non-guaranteed contract, and then assigned him to their D-League affiliate the Rio Grande Vipers. Cousin played this season with the Austin Toros. To make room for Cousin on Houston's roster, Rockets GM Daryl Morey waived DeMarre Carroll, a forward acquired from the Memphis Grizzlies in the trade that sent Shane Battier to Memphis. Hasheem Thabeet, the other player acquired in that deal, is being recalled from the Vipers, so that Cousin can take his spot on their roster
El Kabong is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: