Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 03-03-2011, 12:46 AM   #1
Patrick Chewing
Knicks fan since 1981

Patrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Knicks' Target Should Be Howard...period

I think it's obvious to me now that the ultimate target in 2012 should be Dwight Howard. Considering how well the point guard play has been for the Knicks these past few games, I don't think we should be that worried at that position to covet a star for it.

What I did notice is how undersized we are and how we realistically have no defensive presence and no real solution at the Center position for the years to come. Dwight showed us his resiliency the other night, and I think he'd be the missing piece to the puzzle for this Knicks team. There are quite a few competent point guards that we can look at in the future, but there is only one Dwight Howard.
Patrick Chewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 12:48 AM   #2
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Knicks' Target Should Be Howard...period

Naw we got Melo we all set.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 09:01 AM   #3
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I disagree.We've got to get a PG.Sure Chauncey is playing well now but c'mon. The guy is 34 and he will be a year older and have another season's worth of wear and tear on his body.Unless we strike gold in the draft with a pg,our focus needs to be on getting a pg via free agency.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 12:02 PM   #4
Patrick Chewing
Knicks fan since 1981

Patrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
I disagree.We've got to get a PG.Sure Chauncey is playing well now but c'mon. The guy is 34 and he will be a year older and have another season's worth of wear and tear on his body.Unless we strike gold in the draft with a pg,our focus needs to be on getting a pg via free agency.

There are some good guards that will come out of the next couple of drafts, however there is no one as dominant as Howard in the paint where we need the most help. The Knicks can draft a PG in this draft and still have a couple serviceable years of Billups left.
Patrick Chewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 12:40 PM   #5
Melo Screwed Us
Banned

Melo Screwed Us has an OK reputation so far

melo and amare have 40 mil tied up by 2012. odds are there won't be room for another max player.
Melo Screwed Us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 03:20 PM   #6
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

True and I dont think Chris Paul deserves a max contract.Close to it,but not a max contract.
Old 03-03-2011, 04:34 PM   #7
knickswin
Good college starter

knickswin is popular on this boardknickswin is popular on this boardknickswin is popular on this boardknickswin is popular on this board

Howard would be sweet, but looking at the trajectory of Amar'e saying in July he could get 'Melo to New York to seven months later 'Melo actually being in New York, I think it's quite clear that with these superstar players they're the ones determining which teams they're going to play on.

Considering the fact that we'll probably have to get our third guy in free agency, I think who we get is going to have a lot to do with who's most chummy with Amar'e and 'Melo, and it seems as though they're way tighter with CP3.

Dwight would be better, but I'm not going to complain if those two lure over CP3
knickswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 05:03 PM   #8
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here

CP3 doesn't look like CP3 anymore. Tough to play on a bum knee when you're already not particularly big.
Old 03-03-2011, 06:31 PM   #9
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

I'm convinced it's mental.Seeing him up close when they played the Wizards, he looks really unhappy but he's a good guy and a professional so he plays hard still.
Old 03-03-2011, 06:39 PM   #10
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
I'm convinced it's mental.Seeing him up close when they played the Wizards, he looks really unhappy but he's a good guy and a professional so he plays hard still.
Not having cartilage in your joints definitely isn't mental.
Old 03-03-2011, 06:39 PM   #11
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'm more surprised that CP3 didn't show out last night.

He does seems like he really isn't into it.

I'm pretty sure seeing Melo on the Knicks has to be his vision coming true.

Kinda why I don't see him coming over in a trade since the NBA owns the team.

Howard wants to go the route Shaq did.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 06:40 PM   #12
knickswin
Good college starter

knickswin is popular on this boardknickswin is popular on this boardknickswin is popular on this boardknickswin is popular on this board

Chris Paul looked great in the All-Star game. I think he's required to do too much for that team. I also think that playing for us he wouldn't be nearly as taxed
knickswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 06:41 PM   #13
Melo Screwed Us
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoooter
Not having cartilage in your joints definitely isn't mental.
that's b-roy. cp3 still has cartilage in his knees. he's just missing part of his meniscus on his left knee, but he's still got some cartilage there. i'm sure it's definitely still painful, but not b-roy level.
Old 03-03-2011, 06:58 PM   #14
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

I rather have Howard, Deron, CP3 probably in that order... But I am just wishing on a star!
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 07:03 PM   #15
Melo Screwed Us
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
I rather have Howard, Deron, CP3 probably in that order... But I am just wishing on a star!
i still think cp3's better than d-will. only thing that puts d-will over him is health. and no doubt any sane gm would take howard over those two.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: