Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 03-04-2011, 09:11 AM   #1
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Cleveland Cavaliers are coming to town -THE GAME WE MUST WIN

We are 0-2 against Cavaliers this season (both games on the road) and we can't accept another loss from them.

I think we will win this one because our defense improved and we are playing at home.

If we lose this game it will be inexcusable.

Game starts at 7.30 PM ET.

Any news on Billups condition ?
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 11:25 AM   #2
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Cleveland Cavaliers are coming to town -THE GAME WE MUST WIN

I think they will let Chauncey get that rest.

Im expecting a Knicks win in a blowout.

Melo goes for 40+.

Knicks 115 Cavs 89
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 11:47 AM   #3
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity

Melo goes for 40+.

Knicks 115 Cavs 89
I hope you are right.
I don't know about the blowout but I think we will win this one.

Cavaliers benefited from the atmosphere in the last 2 games,now they will be at MSG where they can be happy if there is 1 Cavaliers fan in the building.

We should make a statement and beat them by 30.

EDIT: I played a game on NBA 2K11.

You were pretty damn close.
Knicks-Cavaliers 116-90

Carmelo 33/9/5
Fields 19/7 4-4 3-pt
Stoudemire 13/9

Knicks FG: 48%
Knicks 3-pt: 13-30

Last edited by Clutch : 03-04-2011 at 01:03 PM.
Old 03-04-2011, 10:13 PM   #4
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

Melo goes for 40+.

Knicks 115 Cavs 89
Damn I was right, and so wrong at the same time.

Knicks scored 115

Stat went for 40+

But once again, Cavs scored at will.
Old 03-04-2011, 10:16 PM   #5
NY-Knicks
FIRE PRINGLES

NY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Loss. Just two games above .500 now. 2-3 since the Melo trade, 2 of those losses have come against the Cavs.
NY-Knicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 10:16 PM   #6
Clutch
Stop flopping

We lost the game that we must win.

Someone needs to leave and I think D'Antoni is that guy.

We could have been 34-26 but no,we must lose 3 games against the ****ing Cleveland Cavaliers and be the biggest joke in the league.
Old 03-04-2011, 10:31 PM   #7
mjc1241
Kids at the park dunk on me

mjc1241 has an OK reputation so far

Are you kidding me? TD had no assists after the half. He is supposed to be the best Knick on the ball defender and Baron was killing him. We do not guard the 3 at all and never run a player off the 3 like good defensive teams do. This is inexcusable. We are only a half a game ahead of the Sixers for 6th. These losses to teams that we should beat all year is going to come back to haunt us...
mjc1241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 10:39 PM   #8
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY-Knicks
Loss. Just two games above .500 now. 2-3 since the Melo trade, 2 of those losses have come against the Cavs.
3-3 since the trade.
Miami
NOH
Bucks.
Old 03-04-2011, 10:42 PM   #9
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch
We lost the game that we must win.

Someone needs to leave and I think D'Antoni is that guy.

We could have been 34-26 but no,we must lose 3 games against the ****ing Cleveland Cavaliers and be the biggest joke in the league.
R u serious dude?

The game was disheartening because of the lack of the defensive effort.

The opponent is irrelevant.

No defense and anyone will beat you.
Old 03-04-2011, 10:48 PM   #10
bluechox2
#knickstape

bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

cavs have our number, who the **** cares anyway, as long as we make the playoffs
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 10:53 PM   #11
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluechox2
cavs have our number, who the **** cares anyway, as long as we make the playoffs
That's my point.

Folks need to stop following the media hype, and just enjoy the team.

They been together for six games, and have won 3 of them, in which two are from the Best in the League.

This game we didn't have Chauncey and Turiaf.

I still expected them to win, but they didn't.

If the Knicks are the joke in the League, then we are in damn good company, because quite a few of the elite have had lapses this season as well.

Just enjoy the ride.
Old 03-04-2011, 11:05 PM   #12
bluechox2
#knickstape

bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

as far as this season goes, making the playoffs shud be our top priority, team records or losing to crappy teams will not be spectacular but let this team gel with each other just in time for the playoffs to begin and hope we start getting the lucky bounes and stops. Then starting next season, we shud start criticizing eveery loss.

but as far as this year goes, playoffs is our number one goal and trying to keep this 6th seed. philly is now only a half game behind. i dont think this team wants to face chicago anymore, just my opinion, they are playing amazing right now and their defense is off the charts. this isnt the same team we beat 2 in a row. I think we matchup better with the hawks or heat

Last edited by bluechox2 : 03-04-2011 at 11:07 PM.
Old 03-04-2011, 11:09 PM   #13
Clutch
Stop flopping

Quote:

Just enjoy the ride.

OK,thanks for the advice.

I will enjoy to see them losing against the worst teams in the league and I will enjoy to see them beating bad/mediocre teams in the heartbraking last few minutes of the game because the whole game before was bullshit without defense.

Let's face it.
Knicks are more times frustrating to watch than not.

They really make my day better with a win against elite teams(like Miami,San Antonio) but that rarely happens.

They really make my day worse with a losses against crappy teams (like Cleveland,Sacramento).

They make my day better with a win against bad/mediocre teams but they also make me lose my nerves because they don't shit for 44 minutes and I must wait until the final seconds of the game to see a victory.

I love the Knicks and I am proud when they win,especially against elite teams,but what should I enjoy in losses like this ?

as far as this season goes, making the playoffs shud be our top priority, team records or losing to crappy teams will not be spectacular but let this team gel with each other just in time for the playoffs to begin and hope we start getting the lucky bounes and stops. Then starting next season, we shud start criticizing eveery loss.

Quote:
but as far as this year goes, playoffs is our number one goal and trying to keep this 6th seed. philly is now only a half game behind. i dont think this team wants to face chicago anymore, just my opinion, they are playing amazing right now and their defense is off the charts. this isnt the same team we beat 2 in a row. I think we matchup better with the hawks or heat
And we won't do that by losing against bad teams like Cavaliers
7th seed is our reality,we will face the Heat
Our advantage over 76ers is smaller and smaller by every game and they will get in front us really soon.

Last edited by Clutch : 03-04-2011 at 11:12 PM.
Old 03-04-2011, 11:18 PM   #14
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Maybe I'm just different from the rest.

Yeah it was a bad loss.

So what?

We had Toney Douglas as our starting PG tonite.

Watching him, we know if he has a good game, the next one won't be so good.

The last few minutes of the game was so bad, that D'antoni had Melo running the point.

He even said, if this was a playoff game Chauncey would have played.

Team beat teams, that's why they play the game.

We beat three very good defensive teams since the trade.

Yeah it's jacked up we lost to Cleveland twice in a week's span.

We were shorthanded and the team needs more than 6 games to gel.

As long as they figure things out by the playoffs, and make it, I'm happy.
Old 03-04-2011, 11:32 PM   #15
bluechox2
#knickstape

im used to watching the knicks sucking it up against mediocre teams over the years, and nothing has changed, so im just being optimistic about the playoffs.

knicks have always played to the level of their opponent which frustrates me but u kinda expect it to happen now and nothing so far after the trade has shown any improvement but we got 5 more years to find out if this new team can overcome that knick sterotype
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: