Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-04-2011, 11:47 PM   #16
Rameek
Krust Kingz
 
Rameek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Tokyo from Brooklyn
Posts: 6,297
Default Re: Cleveland Cavaliers are coming to town -THE GAME WE MUST WIN

Interesting I thought people were saying if you have any players with Melo and Stat and the Knicks would win... doesnt seem to be the case at all.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 11:58 PM   #17
Melo Screwed Us
Banned
 
Melo Screwed Us's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 98
Default Re: Cleveland Cavaliers are coming to town -THE GAME WE MUST WIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
Interesting I thought people were saying if you have any players with Melo and Stat and the Knicks would win... doesnt seem to be the case at all.
we're gonna see some major backpedaling from some of these starphuckers.
Melo Screwed Us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 12:02 AM   #18
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator
 
knickscity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Home of BullyBall!!!!
Posts: 9,198
Default Re: Cleveland Cavaliers are coming to town -THE GAME WE MUST WIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
Interesting I thought people were saying if you have any players with Melo and Stat and the Knicks would win... doesnt seem to be the case at all.
I still believe that.

Six games together and they have a 3-3 record.

First game was a win.

Beat Miami...in Miami.

Beat NOH at home.

Losing to the Cavs twice shouldn't happen.

But to expect a team to come out the gate running, right after a major trade, with virtually no practice, and a game either every other day or back to back, is just plain stupid.

Tonite they didn't even have Billups or Turiaf.

They were short handed.

I expected them to win, but they were at a disadvantage from the starting tip.

You guys killing me right now.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 12:05 AM   #19
earlofupstate
Good High School Starter
 
earlofupstate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Another state
Posts: 773
Default Re: Cleveland Cavaliers are coming to town -THE GAME WE MUST WIN

We got out-hustled, BIG TIME. And out-coached.
earlofupstate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 12:06 AM   #20
Melo Screwed Us
Banned
 
Melo Screwed Us's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 98
Default Re: Cleveland Cavaliers are coming to town -THE GAME WE MUST WIN

the nuggets are 5-1 since the trade with 1st win comin before the traded players suited up. just sayin.
Melo Screwed Us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 12:14 AM   #21
Rameek
Krust Kingz
 
Rameek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Tokyo from Brooklyn
Posts: 6,297
Default Re: Cleveland Cavaliers are coming to town -THE GAME WE MUST WIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
I still believe that.

Six games together and they have a 3-3 record.

First game was a win.

Beat Miami...in Miami.

Beat NOH at home.

Losing to the Cavs twice shouldn't happen.

But to expect a team to come out the gate running, right after a major trade, with virtually no practice, and a game either every other day or back to back, is just plain stupid.

Tonite they didn't even have Billups or Turiaf.

They were short handed.

I expected them to win, but they were at a disadvantage from the starting tip.

You guys killing me right now.
Doesnt matter whether we had billups or not or turiaf or not...

My point is you can not just run out 3 guys with Melo and Stat and win.

I do expect any group of players new to each other to struggle to some degree. But how this team is losing wont change. Whether Billups or Turiaf is there. The issues were there before the trade and after. Melo wasnt the answer to the Knicks problems but I guess if the Knicks lose with 2 all stars people will still want to come here.

I do hope the Knicks can make the playoffs though. I dont have high expectations for this team this season but whomever is the president and GM this summer they make some quality moves.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 12:21 AM   #22
Melo Screwed Us
Banned
 
Melo Screwed Us's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 98
Default Re: Cleveland Cavaliers are coming to town -THE GAME WE MUST WIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
Doesnt matter whether we had billups or not or turiaf or not...

My point is you can not just run out 3 guys with Melo and Stat and win.

I do expect any group of players new to each other to struggle to some degree. But how this team is losing wont change. Whether Billups or Turiaf is there. The issues were there before the trade and after. Melo wasnt the answer to the Knicks problems but I guess if the Knicks lose with 2 all stars people will still want to come here.

I do hope the Knicks can make the playoffs though. I dont have high expectations for this team this season but whomever is the president and GM this summer they make some quality moves.
i been reading about people makin excuses for the team even before melo played his 1st gm as a knick. i saw somethin like "why do they have to win a championship for it to be a success" LOL. what a joke some people are.
this system needed a passing pg and a rebounder/defender. i know people lookin at the box scores and stuff and thinkin "well offense isn't a problem". offensive efficiency is what you strive for and the knicks are not an efficient offensive team. never have been all season long even with melo. you can't look at sheer volume cause that's irrelevant. THEN you add the dysfunctional defense to the mix and you got a big problem. i think dolan just wanted big name stars. that's it. doesn't matter if it fit or not or if they were even legit impactful (that a word?) franchise superstars. he didn't wanna lose out any popularity to the future brooklyn nets.
Melo Screwed Us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 12:43 AM   #23
mjc1241
Kids at the park dunk on me
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 204
Default Re: Cleveland Cavaliers are coming to town -THE GAME WE MUST WIN

I just don't like the effort defensively guarding the perimeter. Without a big, we have to concede the interior most nights but the defensive perimeter rotations and execution are not there. I believe at the end of the day we do make the playoffs but we have to continue to work on the simple defensive stuff. I've hated that we've lost to teams that we should have beaten all year; the Cavs just happen to be number one on that list....
mjc1241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 12:57 AM   #24
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator
 
knickscity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Home of BullyBall!!!!
Posts: 9,198
Default Re: Cleveland Cavaliers are coming to town -THE GAME WE MUST WIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjc1241
I just don't like the effort defensively guarding the perimeter. Without a big, we have to concede the interior most nights but the defensive perimeter rotations and execution are not there. I believe at the end of the day we do make the playoffs but we have to continue to work on the simple defensive stuff. I've hated that we've lost to teams that we should have beaten all year; the Cavs just happen to be number one on that list....
Pretty much the sum of it.

Even if we had a big man, D'antoni won't play them anyway.

So Walsh put guys on the team that blend with what the coach wants to do.

It's never gonna be a good defensive team as long as D'antoni is here.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 01:02 AM   #25
Melo Screwed Us
Banned
 
Melo Screwed Us's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 98
Default Re: Cleveland Cavaliers are coming to town -THE GAME WE MUST WIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
Pretty much the sum of it.

Even if we had a big man, D'antoni won't play them anyway.

So Walsh put guys on the team that blend with what the coach wants to do.

It's never gonna be a good defensive team as long as D'antoni is here.
before he started getting chronically injured, turiaf got major burn. so, i'm gonna go with the word wrong.
Melo Screwed Us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 01:35 AM   #26
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator
 
knickscity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Home of BullyBall!!!!
Posts: 9,198
Default Re: Cleveland Cavaliers are coming to town -THE GAME WE MUST WIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melo Screwed Us
before he started getting chronically injured, turiaf got major burn. so, i'm gonna go with the word wrong.
I guess for Turiaf major burn must under around 20 minutes considering he only plays less than that on average, due to the fact he is always injured if he plays more than 25.

He only had 4 games this year that I can recall him even playing 30.

So I guess we just disagree what "major burn" is.

I don't call anything under 30 minutes "major burn".
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 01:50 AM   #27
Melo Screwed Us
Banned
 
Melo Screwed Us's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 98
Default Re: Cleveland Cavaliers are coming to town -THE GAME WE MUST WIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
I guess for Turiaf major burn must under around 20 minutes considering he only plays less than that on average, due to the fact he is always injured if he plays more than 25.

He only had 4 games this year that I can recall him even playing 30.

So I guess we just disagree what "major burn" is.

I don't call anything under 30 minutes "major burn".
if he could stay on the floor longer he would. the reason he doesn't get more minutes is because of his health not because of d'antoni.
Melo Screwed Us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 02:04 AM   #28
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator
 
knickscity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Home of BullyBall!!!!
Posts: 9,198
Default Re: Cleveland Cavaliers are coming to town -THE GAME WE MUST WIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melo Screwed Us
if he could stay on the floor longer he would. the reason he doesn't get more minutes is because of his health not because of d'antoni.
Turiaf misses games for the most freakest of injuries.

He could probably get hurt shooting free throws.

It's amazing that he still competes though with the heart condition he had.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 04:13 AM   #29
Clutch
NBA Legend
 
Clutch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: MSG
Posts: 15,759
Default Re: Cleveland Cavaliers are coming to town -THE GAME WE MUST WIN

Our losses doesn't have anything to do with "gelling".

You think that we won't lose like this for a month ?
If you think that you are wrong.

Our defense SUCKS.
When you allow bunch of D-League players to score 117 points in your arena then you SUCK at defense.

We won't change that until we fire D'Antoni.
Players don't have a habit to defend hard whole game and D'Antoni doesn't force them to do that either.

This team needs a good defensive coach because without him we will suck.

And I don't want to see any of your excuses because they are not in the place.
Like Billups and Turiaf would change anything.
Billups had a great game last time we played them and we still lost.
We would lost with him again.

No excuse for losing against bunch of D-League players.

We are the same team we were before the trade.
Only difference is that now we spread scoring through 3 guys and then we were spreading it through 5-6 guys.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 09:05 AM   #30
NY-Knicks
FIRE PRINGLES
 
NY-Knicks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Knicks nation
Posts: 5,861
Default Re: Cleveland Cavaliers are coming to town -THE GAME WE MUST WIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
3-3 since the trade.
Miami
NOH
Bucks.

yep, you're right.
NY-Knicks is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:17 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy