Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 03-05-2011, 09:33 AM   #31
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Cleveland Cavaliers are coming to town -THE GAME WE MUST WIN

Im actually thinking about making an "Official Overreaction Thread"
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 09:36 AM   #32
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
Im actually thinking about making an "Official Overreaction Thread"
When you lose against the worst team in the league and start to panic it's an overreaction.

When you lose second game against the worst team in the league and start to panic it's an a slight overreaction.

When you lose the third game against the worst team in the league at home while killing their 26 games losing road streak then I don't see overreaction.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 09:46 AM   #33
Draz
Like a Baoss.

Draz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Really it's not that serious. We could of on if Shawne Williams ain't take the two abd Carmelo didn't charge. Idk why they didn't run a lob or melo do a spin move. The effective moves that drawls fouls especially with the missed ft.
Draz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 09:55 AM   #34
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draz
Really it's not that serious. We could of on if Shawne Williams ain't take the two abd Carmelo didn't charge. Idk why they didn't run a lob or melo do a spin move. The effective moves that drawls fouls especially with the missed ft.

Bla,bla,bla.bla.

We could this,we could that....

We lost the game and the only reason why we lost is the defense.
If we played better at the defensive end we wouldn't even be in that situation,we would cruise to a win.
Old 03-05-2011, 09:59 AM   #35
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

Gelling does effect players offensively as well as defensively. Have you not played organized sports? I assume you havent.
Let me explain something. You have to learn new plays and a whole new language. Not only offensively but defensively as well. I may say down, low, behind, green to mean a man is open behind me. On another team low may mean rotate to the lowest post player and double.

I played on two baseball teams and two football teams at the same time and there were so many times I was out of position or i misread the managers sign because the language/signs were different from the other team. I made many mistakes and it took time to remember all those things. Being out of position allows team to score easily.

As fans we just assume you get a bunch of guys on the floor and go like its a YMCA pick up game and it doesnt work like that. Now I will say this if the coach doesnt take time to practice defense then its his fault. But they are teaching a bunch key guys a NEW offense as well.

"effort" and "energy" is something we can complain about on the defensive end. For sure. Chauncey and whoever is in the locker room can say whatever they want about defense but if you have practice and the coach spends the whole time installing offense and never defense then it would be Dumbtoni's fault but we are not prevy to such information!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch
Our losses doesn't have anything to do with "gelling".

You think that we won't lose like this for a month ?
If you think that you are wrong.

Our defense SUCKS.
When you allow bunch of D-League players to score 117 points in your arena then you SUCK at defense.

We won't change that until we fire D'Antoni.
Players don't have a habit to defend hard whole game and D'Antoni doesn't force them to do that either.

This team needs a good defensive coach because without him we will suck.

And I don't want to see any of your excuses because they are not in the place.
Like Billups and Turiaf would change anything.
Billups had a great game last time we played them and we still lost.
We would lost with him again.

No excuse for losing against bunch of D-League players.

We are the same team we were before the trade.
Only difference is that now we spread scoring through 3 guys and then we were spreading it through 5-6 guys.

Last edited by Rameek : 03-05-2011 at 10:01 AM.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 10:31 AM   #36
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
When you lose against the worst team in the league and start to panic it's an overreaction.

When you lose second game against the worst team in the league and start to panic it's an a slight overreaction.

When you lose the third game against the worst team in the league at home while killing their 26 games losing road streak then I don't see overreaction.
The over reaction is the fact that this team is starting again new in the same season.

The opponent is irrelevant at this time of the game.

It does suck that the worse team in the League has our number.

No different than it sucked for Miami to lose to us in their building, while blowing a 15 point lead.

The point is......things happen.

The team wasn't playing defense before this trade, so it leads me to believe that defense isn't stressed much at all.

Only offensive execution.

But I truly mean, if this team can go .500 since the trade, I will take that.

The Knicks team is no where near completion.

And as much as I want D'antoni gone, it ain't happening this season.

They would have to miss the playoffs for it to be considered.

Now after 20 or so games into next season and the team flounders, then I could see it.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 11:11 AM   #37
mjc1241
Kids at the park dunk on me

mjc1241 has an OK reputation so far

^^^I agree. D'Antoni now has no excuses. He has a legitimate seasoned PG who has won an NBA Championship and two legitimate superstars in the NBA. If they do not make the playoffs and are going through the very same struggles as we are now beginning next year, D'antoni will have to go. What is VERY necessary in the off season is to take current roster and break it down into two distinct categories: What you have to be a championship caliber team and What you need.
Have: Billups, Melo, Stat, Fields.
Complimentary: Shawne Williams, Carter, Turiaf, MAYBE Douglas
Need: True back up PG, rugged rebounder(s), interior defense, true defensive philosophy
One of two of the first two needs will be addressed in the draft. The Knicks will be picking either a PG or rebounder in the draft. What then needs to be done is look at FA and go after what the best of the bunch that we can afford to fill the other need areas. We don't need more offense; we need players that are looking to do the little things that make a team championship caliber. If all of that or 95% is satisfied and we still are having issues in the first quarter of next season, then D'Antoni has to go.
mjc1241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 11:23 AM   #38
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

Only problem is Dumbtoni doesnt want rugged rebounders that are defensive minded who CANT shoot. There in lies the problem and where the president of basketball needs to step in and say something.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 12:08 PM   #39
Clutch
Stop flopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
Gelling does effect players offensively as well as defensively. Have you not played organized sports? I assume you havent.
Let me explain something. You have to learn new plays and a whole new language. Not only offensively but defensively as well. I may say down, low, behind, green to mean a man is open behind me. On another team low may mean rotate to the lowest post player and double.

I played on two baseball teams and two football teams at the same time and there were so many times I was out of position or i misread the managers sign because the language/signs were different from the other team. I made many mistakes and it took time to remember all those things. Being out of position allows team to score easily.

As fans we just assume you get a bunch of guys on the floor and go like its a YMCA pick up game and it doesnt work like that. Now I will say this if the coach doesnt take time to practice defense then its his fault. But they are teaching a bunch key guys a NEW offense as well.

"effort" and "energy" is something we can complain about on the defensive end. For sure. Chauncey and whoever is in the locker room can say whatever they want about defense but if you have practice and the coach spends the whole time installing offense and never defense then it would be Dumbtoni's fault but we are not prevy to such information!

I have played organized sports (and I was pretty much good at it,especially on the defensive end) and I understand what are you talking about.
But man,get real.
This team won't play defense this season no matter how long they play together.
They simply don't try.

Of course you will play better defense if you get used to each other but if you don't try to play it then it's completely irrelevant how much you play together.

Team before the trade was well gelled and they still weren't playing defense.

Give us a new coach and I can guarantee that our defense would much better in matter of months.
Old 03-05-2011, 12:15 PM   #40
NY-Knicks
FIRE PRINGLES

NY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
I have played organized sports (and I was pretty much good at it,especially on the defensive end) and I understand what are you talking about.
But man,get real.
This team won't play defense this season no matter how long they play together.
They simply don't try.

Of course you will play better defense if you get used to each other but if you don't try to play it then it's completely irrelevant how much you play together.

Team before the trade was well gelled and they still weren't playing defense.

Give us a new coach and I can guarantee that our defense would much better in matter of months.

Oh man.

The problem with this defense isn't just effort, it's knowing defensive assignments. Players don't know who to help and how the rotations work. Therefore players are confused and hesitate to close out on shooters. The defensive rotations are horrible, and the only way you improve that is by practicing. And no, they won't be a good defensive team this year since it takes time for defenses to come together and be effective.

I amateur sports rotations aren't that important, in the NBA one missed assignment will lead to a wide open jumper. And we know that those shots are all net.
NY-Knicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 12:18 PM   #41
NY-Knicks
FIRE PRINGLES

NY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Clutch, no offense, but I have a feeling you weren't the player who did well in pressure situations in games.
Old 03-05-2011, 12:46 PM   #42
Clutch
Stop flopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY-Knicks
Clutch, no offense, but I have a feeling you weren't the player who did well in pressure situations in games.
Actually I wasn't a good offensive player but I was very good defender.
Nobody expected from me to make big time plays on the offensive end in the clutch time.

May I ask you why are you saying that ?

You saw that I am really nervous when the game time comes ?

Quote:
And no, they won't be a good defensive team this year since it takes time for defenses to come together and be effective.
I have never said we will be a good defensive team this year.
I don't expect from them to be a good defensive team right now.Only thing which I ask is not being horrible and they are.
They are HORRIBLE defensive team.

Last edited by Clutch : 03-05-2011 at 12:49 PM.
Old 03-05-2011, 12:54 PM   #43
NY-Knicks
FIRE PRINGLES

Quote:
Actually I wasn't a good offensive player but I was very good defender.
Nobody expected from me to make big time plays on the offensive end in the clutch time.

May I ask you why are you saying that ?

You saw that I am really nervous when the game time comes ?

Yep, spot on. I used to love playing in close games. Because I once turned the ball over on a crucial possession which resulted in the game winner for the other team. It was the game that eventually decided the championship. Since that moment I've always wanted to make those plays, even if I failed, it was part of the game. I hated sitting in the 4th quarter, couldn't care less about starting, as long as I was on the court in the 4th.

BTW, we beat that team twice the next season on our way to the championship. Assholes.

Quote:
I have never said we will be a good defensive team this year.
I don't expect from them to be a good defensive team right now.Only thing which I ask is not being horrible and they are.
They are HORRIBLE defensive team.

No, I agreed with you saying that we won't be a good defensive team, just for different reasons.
Old 03-05-2011, 01:06 PM   #44
Clutch
Stop flopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY-Knicks
Yep, spot on. I used to love playing in close games. Because I once turned the ball over on a crucial possession which resulted in the game winner for the other team. It was the game that eventually decided the championship. Since that moment I've always wanted to make those plays, even if I failed, it was part of the game. I hated sitting in the 4th quarter, couldn't care less about starting, as long as I was on the court in the 4th.

BTW, we beat that team twice the next season on our way to the championship. Assholes.
Like I have said,I was never the best offensive player on the team.
I made 2 game winners and that's it.
Those games weren't much important but my defensive ability was very valuable and team could rely on me and on my ability to lock down opponent's best players.

ON topic:
I didn't mention rotations but I never said they were good.
I said that we would be much better defensive team with a new coach and I think I'm right.
The coach who praise defense would practice the defense all time long and players would improve much in matter of months.
They weren't be great defensive team but right now we are horrible so improving much isn't really an impossible thing to do.

Last edited by Clutch : 03-05-2011 at 01:09 PM.
Old 03-05-2011, 02:56 PM   #45
Melo Screwed Us
Banned

Melo Screwed Us has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
Turiaf misses games for the most freakest of injuries.

He could probably get hurt shooting free throws.

It's amazing that he still competes though with the heart condition he had.
the point is it has nothing to do with d'antoni refusing to play big guys. when he has guys that can do the job he puts them in. that's why i said turiaf. unless you're implying that d'antoni only plays turiaf because he KNOWS he'll get hurt anyway so he gets to use it as an excuse to play small ball? but that sounds a lot like blind hate if you ask me.
Melo Screwed Us is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: