Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 03-05-2011, 04:02 PM   #46
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Cleveland Cavaliers are coming to town -THE GAME WE MUST WIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melo Screwed Us
the point is it has nothing to do with d'antoni refusing to play big guys. when he has guys that can do the job he puts them in.

This is probably the biggest knock on D'antoni, is that he won't play big guys.

Which has been the total reason for the ridiculous lineups.

All D'antoni cares about is scoring and tempo.

Unless the season is mathematically over, then he may play a big.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 04:20 PM   #47
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
This is probably the biggest knock on D'antoni, is that he won't play big guys.

Which has been the total reason for the ridiculous lineups.

All D'antoni cares about is scoring and tempo.

Unless the season is mathematically over, then he may play a big.

I think he would play a big guy but we simply don't have it.
After Detroit game Mozgov got some nice minutes (I think 25 minutes per game) and Turiaf also played solid minutes.

So it's not about him,we simply don't have quality big man so he tries to improvise and play without a traditional center.

But still I think D'Antoni needs to leave.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 04:37 PM   #48
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch
I think he would play a big guy but we simply don't have it.
After Detroit game Mozgov got some nice minutes (I think 25 minutes per game) and Turiaf also played solid minutes.

So it's not about him,we simply don't have quality big man so he tries to improvise and play without a traditional center.

But still I think D'Antoni needs to leave.
D'antoni had said numerous times he isn't sacrificing wins to develop players.

Mozgov is raw, but even so why sit him on the bench when he can at least do the one major problem your teams has...rebound the ball.

Early in the season he played Mozgov, imo, just to prove he wasn't ready.

D'antoni likes his 4 forward line-up.

He only played Mozgov vs Detroit when he had no other choice.

He was forced to do it.

Chandler was out due to injury, Shawne was suspended, and Turiaf was in major foul trouble.

Even in his postgame he sounded like an idiot.

"Yeah, I think I'll play him some, wow 23 points".

Made no legit mention of the 14 boards.

D'antoni ain't leaving before mid season next year, and that's only if the team struggles.
Old 03-05-2011, 05:22 PM   #49
Melo Screwed Us
Banned

Melo Screwed Us has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

Mozgov is raw, but even so why sit him on the bench when he can at least do the one major problem your teams has...rebound the ball.

He was forced to do it.

Chandler was out due to injury, Shawne was suspended, and Turiaf was in major foul trouble.

D'antoni ain't leaving before mid season next year, and that's only if the team struggles.
d'antoni mentioned the rebounds in the post game. watch it again. he said something like "23 and 14, i think i'll try it again" when someone asked him if moz would be re-inserted into the rotation. and mozgov was getting pretty consistent minutes from the pistons game onward. he'd sit with fouls obviously, but for the most part he was splitting time with amare and ronny. except in the atl game where mda decided to go small cause chandler was tearing it up.
Melo Screwed Us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 11:11 AM   #50
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is a pretty well-respected posterRameek is a pretty well-respected posterRameek is a pretty well-respected posterRameek is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melo Screwed Us
d'antoni mentioned the rebounds in the post game. watch it again. he said something like "23 and 14, i think i'll try it again" when someone asked him if moz would be re-inserted into the rotation. and mozgov was getting pretty consistent minutes from the pistons game onward. he'd sit with fouls obviously, but for the most part he was splitting time with amare and ronny. except in the atl game where mda decided to go small cause chandler was tearing it up.
Yep he is right.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 05:52 PM   #51
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here

Quote:

LOL. Your hatred of D'antoni is precluding the ability to reason. He started Mozgov because he was a legit center and he played well in the preseason and in training camp. When he wasn't playing well in the games - and the Knicks were losing - he yanked him. Simple. Then the Knicks started to win, so D'Antoni stuck with the winning lineup. Again, simple. Mozgov got another chance and played well, so D'Antoni started giving him more minutes in the ensuing games. Any other reading of the situation is a reach.

Quote:

He was forced to do it.

Also not true. I know you don't like D'antoni, but don't make shit up.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 06:27 PM   #52
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoooter
LOL. Your hatred of D'antoni is precluding the ability to reason. He started Mozgov because he was a legit center and he played well in the preseason and in training camp. When he wasn't playing well in the games - and the Knicks were losing - he yanked him. Simple. Then the Knicks started to win, so D'Antoni stuck with the winning lineup. Again, simple. Mozgov got another chance and played well, so D'Antoni started giving him more minutes in the ensuing games. Any other reading of the situation is a reach.
What makes you think Mozgov is a legit Center?

He is a raw big man, who at 24 years old needs time to develop.

You can believe D'antoni would play a center in his offense if you want to.

Personally I don't think he even would play Dwight Howard correctly, because he just don't play big men within his concepts of offense.

Howard would probably regress playing for D'antoni.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoooter
Also not true. I know you don't like D'antoni, but don't make shit up.
So I made up that a coincidence no Turiaf, Chandler or Shawne Williams was eligible to play the game against Detroit, thus forcing D'antoni to play Mozgov?

U really think Mozgov came out of the blue and started to play well?

Mozgov main issue has been the confidence, and yeah yanking him out of the line-up as if he was the main problem along with AR, is bad coaching.

A coach should try to win games AND develop players.

D'antoni is awful.

His offensive schemes disadvantages the team on defense.

What coach would start four forwards???

I don't think anyone in their right mind can support his "coaching".

For the record, I said he didn't make a "legit mention of the rebounding".

D'antoni was more focused on the points.

That's all he ever says...."If he hit more shots".
Old 03-06-2011, 08:23 PM   #53
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
What makes you think Mozgov is a legit Center?
You're right, he's obviously a 7'1" point guard. How could I have missed that?

Quote:
He is a raw big man, who at 24 years old needs time to develop.
Hence bringing him along slowly.
Quote:
You can believe D'antoni would play a center in his offense if you want to.
I don't have to believe anything. He's done it, regardless of what I believe.

Quote:
Personally I don't think he even would play Dwight Howard correctly, because he just don't play big men within his concepts of offense.
Dwight Howard spotting up for threes. I like it.

Quote:
Howard would probably regress playing for D'antoni.
Or he would make use of his athleticism in transition and dominate. I would love to find out.

Quote:
So I made up that a coincidence no Turiaf, Chandler or Shawne Williams was eligible to play the game against Detroit, thus forcing D'antoni to play Mozgov?
No, you made up the part about D'Antoni not mentioning Mozgov's rebounds in that Detroit game. Of course, you couched it with the "legit" qualifier, so I guess it can mean whatever you want it to.

Quote:
U really think Mozgov came out of the blue and started to play well?
That's exactly what he did. Both before the season started (who had ever heard of Timofey Mozgov before the Knicks signed him?), and in his second chance against the Pistons. But that's from our perspective as fans. Apparently the contention is that he had been working hard and progressing well in practice, increasing the coaching staff's confidence in him. And it showed, as he started getting more minutes.

Quote:
Mozgov main issue has been the confidence, and yeah yanking him out of the line-up as if he was the main problem along with AR, is bad coaching.
His confidence and his inability to go 10 seconds without picking up a foul. Or catch a basketball. Don't act like D'Antoni didn't give Randolph a chance either, and got rewarded with inept suckitude. Maybe that was from a lack of confidence also; either way, his play was a detriment to the Knicks winning games. Of course, he looks like he was improving a bit in the light minutes he was getting towards the end there as well, maybe he would have worked his way back into the lineup.

Quote:
A coach should try to win games AND develop players.
Both Mozgov and Randolph looked to be improving before they were traded (Mozgov more so). They can do work in practice, without losing us games. The fans have been bi-polar all season long. He gives minutes to the "projects" early in the season and gets blasted for losing. He makes the adjustment, starts winning, and gets shit for not developing the youngin's. No one said New York wasn't a tough crowd.

Quote:
What coach would start four forwards???
A coach that doesn't have any centers. I'm not sure who the four are though. Are you counting Turiaf? Amar'e, Chandler, Gallo...? Fields? He's a two guard. He could play small forward if he had to, but he's got nice advantages at the two, especially defensively. Would you rather he started Bill Walker? Or Toney Douglas? Or Roger Mason Jr.?!

Quote:
I don't think anyone in their right mind can support his "coaching".
Most relevance the Knicks have had in 10 years. That bastard.
Quote:
For the record, I said he didn't make a "legit mention of the rebounding".

D'antoni was more focused on the points.
He mentioned them both once. "23 and 14? I think I'll try that again." You're reaching.

Last edited by Scoooter : 03-06-2011 at 08:28 PM.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: