Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 03-05-2011, 11:28 PM   #1
carpevicis
Decent playground baller

carpevicis has an OK reputation so far
Default I saw a guy get posterized today

I know dunking isn't as big of a deal as some people make it out to be, and I've also seen my fair share of guys dunking in games, but today I saw the dirtiest dunk in my short lifetime.

I saw playing 4 on 4 and my teammate had it on the break, he was like 6'3", pretty skinny, just goes coast to coast and takes off one foot. He got up pretty high in the air, a defender goes to try and stop him but didn't come close to reaching his height, and my teammate just flushed on him.

It was crazy because all I remember is how high he got. In reality he probably didn't go too high, but he was in the air for so long and then he just threw it down and ran back without shouting or anything. That was amazing.
carpevicis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 07:34 AM   #2
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic

Swaggin916 has a terrific reputationSwaggin916 has a terrific reputationSwaggin916 has a terrific reputationSwaggin916 has a terrific reputationSwaggin916 has a terrific reputation
Default Re: I saw a guy get posterized today

Well in most gyms that rarely, and I mean rarely happens. I have seen one posterization at my gym and it was about 2 months ago. There was this guy about 6'6 maybe 6'7.... he was huge, but looked kinda goofy and not that athletic. Anyway, he gets it on the left wing, takes off one foot, literally get's 2 feet above the rim, and crams in on this 6'0 guy. He may have been only 6'0, but this guy is an athlete, can slam it easy... and could get high enough to block guys much taller than him... and I'm sure that's what he thought was going to happen, but holy shit did he get crammed on. it was incredible. The whole gym was in shock and buzzing for like 5 minutes at least. Nastiest shit I ever seen in all my years of pickup. the 6'7 guy totally cocked back too... arm completely outstretched and behind him... im glad i lived to see that
Swaggin916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 09:31 PM   #3
salsa45
Can barely lace up my sneakers

salsa45 has an OK reputation so far

Hilarious shaq dunk: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23_UjrRumuE
salsa45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 03:03 PM   #4
Slimdunkin

Slimdunkin has an OK reputation so far

i plan on yammin on some 6'7 today in a game. their team is much better than ours plus our two best players cant make the game so im just going to try. im only 6'1 150 and this guy is 6'7 230 but he is so uncordinated and has zero hops and he is extremely cocky. its the only thing i can of doing to lower the humilitation when we get beat 75- 20 so wish me luck. its hopefully a posterization to be. kinda unrelated but i just want my 30 posts so i can make a thread haha
Slimdunkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 02:41 AM   #5
Maniak
I Love LeBron

Maniak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

At a basketball camp this summer one of the coaches in the all star game completely posterized a player. It literally felt like a slo-mo moment. That guy can fly up. Used to play in Euroleague, iirc.
Maniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 09:59 PM   #6
Eat Like A Bosh
Banned

Eat Like A Bosh has an incredible reputation hereEat Like A Bosh has an incredible reputation hereEat Like A Bosh has an incredible reputation hereEat Like A Bosh has an incredible reputation hereEat Like A Bosh has an incredible reputation hereEat Like A Bosh has an incredible reputation hereEat Like A Bosh has an incredible reputation here

Damn, I never actually played someone who could dunk.
In my whole school, only 2 people can dunk.
Eat Like A Bosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 04:34 PM   #7
Rake2204
7-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eat Like A Bosh
Damn, I never actually played someone who could dunk.
In my whole school, only 2 people can dunk.
Do you play for your high school team? I'd have to think at least one of your opponents had that ability. Or, was this a sarcastic post?
Rake2204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 05:44 PM   #8
KG215
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Out of the guys I play regular pick-up with none of them can really dunk it. Not to the extent where they are going to posterize someone anyway. However, I did play with a 6'7" guy in high school who was a freak athlete. He was all-state in football, basketball, and track. He was the state high jump and discus champion as a senior, which is a really rare combo if you know anything about track and field. Anyway, he could jump out of the gym. The nastiest one he had came in the state championship when we were seniors. We were inbounding the ball from the sideline on our end of the court in front of the bench. The team we were playing was really good and really athletic (we were all white including the 6'7" guy, and they were all black) so I didn't think he would be able to jump quick enough to get over the guy guarding him to throw it down. He had a few drop-step dunks during the season but those came against teams who didn't have anyone that could get up as high and quick as he could. Anyway, we run through our play and the first two options are covered, which means our third option (the 6'7" guy) should be open if he's got his man pinned, which he did. He catches the inbound pass and, as soon as he catches it another player comes down to double team him. He catches and takes one drop-step power dribble as the second defender is coming, and throws it down with two hands on both of them. One was only about 6'3" and the other was 6'0" but they were very good athletes and could jump.

We were playing in front of about 12,000 people or so and the gym went nuts. Even all the black dudes there who came to watch the team we were playing went nuts. Anyway, we went on to win the game so, I got to witness a sick posterization, and won a state championship in the same night.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 11:42 PM   #9
Maize'N'Blue
Super Yooper

Maize'N'Blue has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rake2204
Do you play for your high school team? I'd have to think at least one of your opponents had that ability. Or, was this a sarcastic post?

We only have 2-3 players on our team who can dunk, and 2 of them hardly can. You also have to add in the fact we're a class B (hardly, like 470 kids) HS in the U.P. of Michigan. The one kid we have who can dunk well can absolutely throw down though. About 6'4 or 5, 210 lbs, and a good wingspan. 1 hand, 2 hand, windmill, 360, pretty much everything. It's a shame he didn't pick the game up until his senior year, or he could've been a beast.

Oh and KG thats definitely a weird combo. I think the weirdest combo is throwing shot then running the 100 though. A guy my dad went to HS with was an absolute beast. He threw shot 58-59 feet and ran about a 10.8 or 9 in the 100 despite being 6'3 and 210 (pretty heavy for the 70's). And possibly high jump. He actually got invited to the Steelers training camp and made the team as a TE, but he quit the team a few weeks into preseason because he missed his GF. And just his luck, he and his GF broke up a couple months later, the two TE's in front of him got injured, and they won the super bowl that year. SMH....

Last edited by Maize'N'Blue : 05-10-2011 at 11:58 PM.
Maize'N'Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 07:08 PM   #10
Rake2204
7-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maize'N'Blue
We only have 2-3 players on our team who can dunk, and 2 of them hardly can. You also have to add in the fact we're a class B (hardly, like 470 kids) HS in the U.P. of Michigan. The one kid we have who can dunk well can absolutely throw down though. About 6'4 or 5, 210 lbs, and a good wingspan. 1 hand, 2 hand, windmill, 360, pretty much everything. It's a shame he didn't pick the game up until his senior year, or he could've been a beast.
Oh yeahhhh, I remember now. I believe you mentioned your location a few months ago when looking for a place to pick up AAU ball. I suppose that'd make sense about never playing a squad with a dunker. As you said, 470 is relatively low for a school. Do you know what the cutoff was for Class C? We were a B in the lower peninsula but we had around 850 students. So Class B has a little bit wider of a gap than I thought.
Rake2204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 05:07 AM   #11
DM613

DM613 has an OK reputation so far

I am are new to the forum and wanted to introduce myself .. I decided to enroll after a while 'I was reading the forum and all the good advice ..approaching the summer and I decided to get back a bit 'in the form .. I do sports (tennis and running) and I always tend to control what I eat, with ups and downs! I then discuss some interesting 'tricks and tips for proper nutrition ..I guess we will be fine!Good afternoon everyone!
DM613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 05:08 AM   #12
DM613

DM613 has an OK reputation so far

I am are new to the forum and wanted to introduce myself .. I decided to enroll after a while 'I was reading the forum and all the good advice ..approaching the summer and I decided to get back a bit 'in the form .. I do sports (tennis and running) and I always tend to control what I eat, with ups and downs! I then discuss some interesting 'tricks and tips for proper nutrition ..I guess we will be fine!Good afternoon everyone!

discount tiffany banglestiffany bracelets saleGucci Totes Bags
DM613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 05:14 PM   #13
Maize'N'Blue
Super Yooper

Maize'N'Blue has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rake2204
Oh yeahhhh, I remember now. I believe you mentioned your location a few months ago when looking for a place to pick up AAU ball. I suppose that'd make sense about never playing a squad with a dunker. As you said, 470 is relatively low for a school. Do you know what the cutoff was for Class C? We were a B in the lower peninsula but we had around 850 students. So Class B has a little bit wider of a gap than I thought.

Cutoff for Class C is right below us, I think it's roughly 460 or so. So we're about 470 and Escanaba is about 900 students I think.
Maize'N'Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: