Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Sacramento Kings Forum

Sacramento Kings Forum Sacramento Kings forum - Sacramento Kings message board

Old 12-10-2006, 06:53 PM   #16
Perezident
Kings>>>Clippers

Perezident has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboi_baller
Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe there is a restriction on guys who were signed to a new deal this summer. They can't be traded until after dec 15 or a certain amount of time after they signed their deal, whichever comes last.

So expect a deal until after then
exactly bbb.....ur correct thats why aldridge said a deal could very well be goin down soon late december early january...i posted it in an earlier post...
Perezident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 08:16 PM   #17
Targus™
Good college starter

Targus™ has an OK reputation so far

trading k-mart?? W..T...F
Targus™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 05:23 AM   #18
BradMiller52
Kings fan

BradMiller52 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Targus™
trading k-mart?? W..T...F

+1

Anyway my internet's been acting up so I haven't had a chance to comment on this and this might be my last post for a week, maybe 2.

AI would be exciting, but I wouldn't include Martin in the deal. I don't think we'll trade for AI but I would love it(as long as it didn't include Martin, Artest, or maybe even Miller). Eh I don't have too much to say right now about it so I guess I'll just wait and see but I'd like it it it happened but I doubt it'll happen but it'd be cool if it happened.
BradMiller52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 05:26 AM   #19
Serge
Great young streetballer

Serge has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
But the difficulty with which bibby gets those 23 or 24 ppg is a lot higher than the difficulty that AI could score the same amount.

Bibby is at his best averagin 15-20 ppg and playing off of a post player like Webber; however, the Kings use him as a scoring guard who needs to score around 25ppg for the Kings to win. That explains his low fg%.

Iverson could easily score in the 25 ppg range and dish 10 apg. He would demand the defense's attention which would open up guys like Artest and Martin (however, in a new rumor he is getting traded).

The new rumor from ric bucher is:

Philly sends:
Ivy
Iggy
Dalembert

Sac sends:
Bibby
Kelvin Martin
Brad Miller
V.Potapenko

Sac's 1st rounder 2007

That is no way possible. Iggy BK will not trade. And Sammy is staying probably unless he can package Webber in a deal with Sammy, or get's acrazy offer. AI for some Bibby deal possible. But Iggy, and Sammy are not leaving.

Now sure were you got that it's false. But I am sure you made it up.
Serge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 05:30 AM   #20
BradMiller52
Kings fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serge
That is no way possible. Iggy BK will not trade. And Sammy is staying probably unless he can package Webber in a deal with Sammy, or get's acrazy offer. AI for some Bibby deal possible. But Iggy, and Sammy are not leaving.

He said it was from ESPN reporter Ric Bucher-don't worry the guy's a talentless hack who doesn't know the difference between his head and a hole in the ground... That said, as a Kings fan I prefer Martin to Iggy and I think Dalembert is extremely overpaid to goaltend as many shots as he blocks.
Old 12-11-2006, 09:49 AM   #21
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

bigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serge
I saw it in both the phili forum and on the main page. Both posters credited Bucher
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 10:51 AM   #22
Perezident
Kings>>>Clippers

Perezident has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
I saw it in both the phili forum and on the main page. Both posters credited Bucher
dnt worry about him bbb he is jus mad bug and sad because their "franchise" player is gone and they are getting a bunch of scrubs for him i'm sure he saw it on espn as well....we are getting iverson whether he likes it or not and the good thing about it is they are getting bibby so its a win win senario

bibby pot Mo 1st rounder for iverson Hunter
Perezident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 03:26 PM   #23
BradMiller52
Kings fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perezident
dnt worry about him bbb he is jus mad bug and sad because their "franchise" player is gone and they are getting a bunch of scrubs for him i'm sure he saw it on espn as well....we are getting iverson whether he likes it or not and the good thing about it is they are getting bibby so its a win win senario

bibby pot Mo 1st rounder for iverson Hunter

You got and insider sources or something? There's a HUGE chance we aren't getting him IMO.
Old 12-11-2006, 06:46 PM   #24
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

bigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this board

Sac Bee reported today that there have been talks between the Sixers and Kings.
Old 12-11-2006, 07:01 PM   #25
BradMiller52
Kings fan

Quote:
Sac Bee reported today that there have been talks between the Sixers and Kings.

Want to post the article?
Old 12-11-2006, 07:31 PM   #26
Targus™
Good college starter

man i am so scared about letting Bibby go. i know he sucks right now but he's going to start heating up.he is the only one left from the good old days, he has been my favorite player since.....boy look at the rosters of the 02 team and this team IF we did trade mike.....totally different.
Old 12-11-2006, 08:26 PM   #27
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

Default Sacramento might have role in Iverson talks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Targus™
.boy look at the rosters of the 02 team and this team IF we did trade mike.....totally different.
2002 was 5 years ago! Just wanted to point that out because it does not seem like its been that long....

BM52, I present your article:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SacBee

Sacramento might have role in Iverson talks
By Sam Amick - Bee Staff Writer
Published 12:00 am PST Monday, December 11, 2006

The hot topic in the NBA this weekend was the demand of Philadelphia 76ers guard Allen Iverson to be traded.

The Kings appear to be part of that conversation.

Since Friday, the Kings have been added to the short list of teams that are said to be -- according to various reports -- discussing trade options with the 76ers. On Sunday, a league source confirmed to The Bee that the Kings are involved, though it is not known whether they are pursuing Iverson or perhaps part of a deal involving more than two teams, or what they are offering.

The source declined to be identified because he was not authorized to discuss the deal.

At the Kings' game against Atlanta on Sunday, Kings president of basketball operations Geoff Petrie would not say if he was in discussions involving Iverson.

"As a matter of rule, we do not discuss possible trades," he said.

Kings co-owners Joe and Gavin Maloof were also tight-lipped, even beyond the question of whether they're pursuing Iverson.

"Talk to Geoff, because I don't know," Joe Maloof said by phone.

Gavin Maloof paused before answering.

"Hmmm," he said. "You're going to have to ask Geoff."

Asked if he was a fan of Iverson's game, Gavin wouldn't comment.

"Well, I don't want to say, I don't want to say," Gavin said. "Check with Geoff."

Kings swingman John Salmons, a teammate of Iverson last season, was shocked by the news of Iverson's demands -- and owner Ed Snider's approval to pursue a deal.

"Just having been in that situation, I wanted to know what was going on," Salmons said. "I was surprised that he said it, that he actually said it."

If the Kings were, in fact, trying to land Iverson in Sacramento, the most obvious deal would likely involve the swapping of point guards. Kings point guard Mike Bibby -- who has an early termination option on his contract that would allow him to become a free agent after this season despite two seasons being left on his deal -- is owed $12.5 million for this season. Including the $18.2 million Iverson will make this season, his deal has three seasons and approximately $59 million remaining.

The Kings would have to add a piece or two to make the deal work, as the players' salaries in a trade must be within 125 percent of each other. They also have five players with expiring contracts that could be attractive to Philadelphia, allowing them to clear up salary cap space for next season: Corliss Williamson, Jason Hart, Vitaly Potapenko, Ronnie Price and Maurice Taylor.

The Kings also have a glut of younger players with promise to offer, from the seemingly untouchable Kevin Martin ($1 million this season) to second-year swingman Francisco García (approximately $1.1 million) and rookie Quincy Douby ($1.2 million).

The interesting subplot would be in the history between Iverson and two of the current Kings players. Former 76ers Kenny Thomas and Salmons were both relieved to leave Philadelphia and have often spoken of the difficulties that come with playing with an offensive star who dominates both the opposition and the ball.

Salmons, in fact, was hired partly on the basis of how well he produced for the 76ers when Iverson wasn't on the floor, with Petrie saying when he signed him that Salmons showed his true potential then.

"It is what it is," Salmons said. "If he ended up here, I'd play with him. I'd welcome him in."

Kings small forward Ron Artest, whose trade demands from Indiana a year ago led to his Sacramento stop, said he was more concerned with the current crop than whether Iverson would work with the team.

"We had a nice little (run) last year. Had a chance to win a lot of games, do a lot of damage, and just need to build on that this year," Artest said.

The article does not say much more than the obvious; however, the sacbee usually does not comment on trade rumors unless they have some sort of reliability.

Its interesting that that the Maloofs did not deny the rumor.

Last edited by bigboi_baller : 12-11-2006 at 08:29 PM.
Old 12-11-2006, 08:39 PM   #28
Targus™
Good college starter

i would guess Artest does not want Allen Iverson him on the team. But i'm glad to see Geoff is doing everything without the Maloofs involved as much as they have been.
Old 12-11-2006, 08:45 PM   #29
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

I did not sense that Ron didn't want Iverson. It sounded more like he did not want to comment on it so it did not effect his relationship with Mike if the trade doesn't happen.
Old 12-11-2006, 08:46 PM   #30
Targus™
Good college starter

good point.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: