Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Sacramento Kings Forum

Sacramento Kings Forum Sacramento Kings forum - Sacramento Kings message board

Old 12-12-2006, 07:15 PM   #61
Targus™
Good college starter

Targus™ has an OK reputation so far

man now i REALLY want iverson on the team.
Targus™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 07:26 PM   #62
BradMiller52
Kings fan

BradMiller52 has an OK reputation so far

If AI really said that then he's an ass. Why the hell would he want to go to ****ing Boston instead of Sacramento? First off Boston sucks, and we got some of the best fans in the league, and he won't be waiting for all his supporting cast to turn into good players.
BradMiller52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 07:31 PM   #63
LAZYBOY
PERMA-BANNED

LAZYBOY has an OK reputation so far

Have you noticed EVERY time there's a trade rumor involving Sac the player shows disgust in coming here? I'm starting to think the press just throws that in there little story to cause contraversy.
LAZYBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 07:57 PM   #64
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

bigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAZYBOY
Have you noticed EVERY time there's a trade rumor involving Sac the player shows disgust in coming here? I'm starting to think the press just throws that in there little story to cause contraversy.
I was just about to type up a little blurb about how East coast press likes to make fun of our west coast small town which is exactly the opposite of the big cities of the east coast.

The thing about artest hating sac-town was basically created by the media to get attention and try to explain stuff they didn't understand. No reason to believe this isn't the same thing.
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 11:09 PM   #65
fan_since_85
Kids at the park dunk on me

fan_since_85 has an OK reputation so far

If Iverson became a King it would be fun to watch, but I don't really want him here. I'm not too high on the way Artest is playing offensively either to tell the truth. I'd rather see us trade Ronny and Kenny Thomas for a better PF and let Garcia start at SF.
fan_since_85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 01:20 AM   #66
BradMiller52
Kings fan

I'd rather trade Mike than Ron. Atleast Ron gets to the line sometimes and plays D, Mike doesn't even do that.

Anyway, Ron called out AI!

Artest's advice to Iverson: Get back in action
Story Tools:
Print Email Blog This
Associated Press
Posted: 16 minutes ago

OAKLAND, Calif. (AP) - If Ron Artest could relive his journey from Indiana to Sacramento last season, he wouldn't have spent seven weeks out of action while waiting to make the trip.

Allen Iverson is currently stuck in a similar imbroglio in Philadelphia: deactivated and sidelined while the 76ers attempt to accommodate his trade request. The Kings forward empathizes with the Answer, but he also thinks Iverson needs to get back on the court - anybody's court.
BlogJam ...
Allen Iverson has reportedly demanded a trade. And Mike Kahn has come up with four likely trading partners for the 76ers. Which one do you think makes the most sense? Or should Philly hold onto its disgruntled superstar? Here's your chance to voice your opinion.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Also...

76ers eager to move on

Artest offers advice to A.I.

"Just go out and play the game," Artest said Tuesday night before the Kings faced the Golden State Warriors in a meeting of two teams mentioned in the Iverson sweepstakes. "In my case, I wanted to be traded, but at the same time, I wanted to play, and play to win."

Artest was deactivated by the Pacers after requesting a trade in December 2004, and he spent nearly two months at home while Indiana had difficulty finding a suitable deal. The Pacers eventually sent him to Sacramento on Jan. 25 for Peja Stojakovic, and he spurred the Kings into the playoffs.

Artest, who says he knows Iverson fairly well, has found a comfortable home in Sacramento, averaging 16.6 points and 7.4 rebounds per game while playing through a sore back this season. The mercurial forward - whose leap into the Detroit stands precipitated one of the most notorious brawls in sports history - also hasn't been in any significant trouble since the move.

Artest heard rumors about Sacramento's reported recent discussions with Philadelphia, with leading scorer Mike Bibby thought to be part of the talks. But Kings owners Joe and Gavin Maloof both said the club wasn't interested Tuesday, apparently removing Sacramento from the mix.

Of course, Artest's trade to the Kings was declared dead one day before it occurred last January.

"I'm more focused on my team than on any player that might come here," Artest said.

Artest also thinks Iverson has the right to be involved in any trade discussions about him, just as Artest and his agent had extensive discussions with any of his possible destinations after Indiana.

"He'll be all right. It's just something that happens," Artest said of Iverson.

The Warriors have popped up repeatedly in the rumor mill surrounding Iverson, both because of their collection of movable contracts and vice president Chris Mullin's thirst to be involved in any trade that could end Golden State's string of 12 consecutive losing seasons.

Mullin probably would love to rid himself of at least one of the lucrative long-term contracts he has given to Adonal Foyle, Troy Murphy, Mike Dunleavy and Jason Richardson in recent years. But the young Warriors still haven't been entirely healthy under new coach Don Nelson, and a trade for Iverson would put the club's development back to square one.

Nelson and Mullin are publicly tightlipped about any chance of a deal.

"I just don't go there," Nelson said. "You can't win by going there."
Old 12-13-2006, 03:17 AM   #67
Perezident
Kings>>>Clippers

Perezident has no real reputation yet.

ron knows what he wants in SAC TOWN!!! ron knows bibby is causing the team because of his lack D and offensive let down

how ever i really think we are out this time for real tho every body is sayin ..."didnt they say that about the artest trade 2?" well yeah they did BUT! do u guys really think now for every trade the magoose's will deny it then the next day BAM in the papers we aquire tha guy??? ..... then it will become to routine imo...now everytime a trade comes in and they say those words no one will believe them......catch my drift??? i just feel they arent making that statment a habit ...thus us really out of the ranks
Perezident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 03:43 AM   #68
BradMiller52
Kings fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perezident
ron knows what he wants in SAC TOWN!!! ron knows bibby is causing the team because of his lack D and offensive let down

how ever i really think we are out this time for real tho every body is sayin ..."didnt they say that about the artest trade 2?" well yeah they did BUT! do u guys really think now for every trade the magoose's will deny it then the next day BAM in the papers we aquire tha guy??? ..... then it will become to routine imo...now everytime a trade comes in and they say those words no one will believe them......catch my drift??? i just feel they arent making that statment a habit ...thus us really out of the ranks

Yeah I agree I think everyone just needs to accept that Meverson aint comin here.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: