Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-07-2011, 03:51 PM   #16
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.
 
NuggetsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: NuggetNation.
Posts: 10,193
Default Re: Jimmer Fredette and GF Engage in Sexual Activities

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
So because some people don't share your value system that means they're stupid?

My value system? What? They can do whatever they please. I dislike there religion, that's all. That rule what I was originally talking about, is stupid. Kid's aren't going to follow it, witch is obvious seeing how these reports are leaking out. If every day reg kids were sports stars you'd probably get 10x more leaks as well. It's there bodies and they should be able to do what they want with it. Old enough in college to decide that for yourself.

That's why I think the rule is stupid. Too many reasons to list to name why I don't like there religion in general.
NuggetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 03:58 PM   #17
Go Getter
Wild 100's
 
Go Getter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: The Wasatch Range
Posts: 14,452
Default Re: Jimmer Fredette and GF Engage in Sexual Activities

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
My value system? What? They can do whatever they please. I dislike there religion, that's all. That rule what I was originally talking about, is stupid. Kid's aren't going to follow it, witch is obvious seeing how these reports are leaking out. If every day reg kids were sports stars you'd probably get 10x more leaks as well. It's there bodies and they should be able to do what they want with it. Old enough in college to decide that for yourself.

That's why I think the rule is stupid. Too many reasons to list to name why I don't like there religion in general.


Regular kids get kicked out for violating this rule as well.

FAct is that THOUSANDS of kids apply to BYU knowing the rules because they offer a good education.

I don't necessarily agree with the Mormon religion or any organized religion for that matter but I can see past MY preferences to the good things they do for the world and in the community.

Mormons didn't owe me shit but the Mormon hospital helped me, my wife, and my new born son when they didn't have to....and I'm not Mormon.

They constantly serve those who are different from them even though they disagree with their lifestyles.

I know they do some bad but they also do good in the world and that can't be denied.

If you want to have sex and not live under Mormon/reliogious standards then go to a secular university.

Plain and simple.
Go Getter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 04:02 PM   #18
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.
 
NuggetsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: NuggetNation.
Posts: 10,193
Default Re: Jimmer Fredette and GF Engage in Sexual Activities

Ya I never once defended any of the students who went there, or Fredette. Just said in general it's a stupid rule to have. Seems like it get's violated as well.

Whatever. I think it's a stupid rule. Not going to change my opinion on thinking that so were going to get nowhere
NuggetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 04:08 PM   #19
Go Getter
Wild 100's
 
Go Getter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: The Wasatch Range
Posts: 14,452
Default Re: Jimmer Fredette and GF Engage in Sexual Activities

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
Ya I never once defended any of the students who went there, or Fredette. Just said in general it's a stupid rule to have. Seems like it get's violated as well.

Whatever. I think it's a stupid rule. Not going to change my opinion on thinking that so were going to get nowhere


No one is trying to change your stance I'm pointing out the obvious flaw in your original argument.

If the rule is stupid then don't go to the University.

Don't do all the paperwork, take the oath, matriculate, then break rules and whine about it.
Go Getter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 04:14 PM   #20
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.
 
NuggetsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: NuggetNation.
Posts: 10,193
Default Re: Jimmer Fredette and GF Engage in Sexual Activities

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Getter
No one is trying to change your stance I'm pointing out the obvious flaw in your original argument.

If the rule is stupid then don't go to the University.

Don't do all the paperwork, take the oath, matriculate, then break rules and whine about it.

I never said anything about that tho? You keep on saying people knew before they went and I'm not even talking about any of that. I'm saying in general I believe the rule is stupid. Not talking about students taking an oath, knowingly going there or ANY of that. Just saying the rule is stupid. Leave it to the mormons to take some fun out of the college. Not defending any of the people who didn't obey the rule.

So not sure why you keep bringing all that stuff up. Not saying it's ok for students who agreed to go there to whine about it. Just saying IIIIIIII think the rule is stupid. That's it.
NuggetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 04:28 PM   #21
PHX_Phan
Local High School Star
 
PHX_Phan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 1,487
Default Re: Jimmer Fredette and GF Engage in Sexual Activities

It's their school. They pay for it, they run it, they can make the criteria for getting an education there anything they want.
PHX_Phan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 05:31 PM   #22
Go Getter
Wild 100's
 
Go Getter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: The Wasatch Range
Posts: 14,452
Default Re: Jimmer Fredette and GF Engage in Sexual Activities

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
I never said anything about that tho? You keep on saying people knew before they went and I'm not even talking about any of that. I'm saying in general I believe the rule is stupid. Not talking about students taking an oath, knowingly going there or ANY of that. Just saying the rule is stupid. Leave it to the mormons to take some fun out of the college. Not defending any of the people who didn't obey the rule.

So not sure why you keep bringing all that stuff up. Not saying it's ok for students who agreed to go there to whine about it. Just saying IIIIIIII think the rule is stupid. That's it.
Because you obviously think that your opinion is gospel.

No one but your mommy cares what you think.

It's a religious school, their rules are catered to ppl of that faith.

They don't ask you or I to change....so the rule isn't stupid, ppl that expect others to fit into their mold are.
Go Getter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 06:36 PM   #23
northwinds
Banned
 
northwinds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,245
Default Re: Jimmer Fredette and GF Engage in Sexual Activities

Jimmer ain't hittin' nothin' but threes.......
northwinds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 06:56 PM   #24
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.
 
NuggetsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: NuggetNation.
Posts: 10,193
Default Re: Jimmer Fredette and GF Engage in Sexual Activities

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Getter
Because you obviously think that your opinion is gospel.

No one but your mommy cares what you think.

It's a religious school, their rules are catered to ppl of that faith.

They don't ask you or I to change....so the rule isn't stupid, ppl that expect others to fit into their mold are.


Personal insults usually = your cage rattled for whatever reason. Aren't you like 30? Picturing a 30 year old saying to me "nobody but your mommy cares what you think" kinda entertaining. As a 20 year old not even sure if I'd come back with that inmature of a rebuttal. Probably woulda called you an idiot or something like that. To each his own.

Anyways I do not think my opinion is gospel. Already said I have my stance and I wasn't budging. I think it's stupid for people to decide for people that age that they can't have sexual relations. I never once said the students should complain because like you repeated 10x(when I never was even talking about that) they knew what they were getting into when they signed up.

I think having sex is a personal choice, thus why I disagree with the rule. Not telling them how to run it, who should listen to it. Just that I don't agree with it. Just like someone not agreeing with something about another religion or somebody not agreeing with the NBA getting rid of handchecking. I simply don't agree with the rule that's all. My own personal opinion.

Comprehend that amigo?
NuggetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 07:12 PM   #25
craigthomasb
College star
 
craigthomasb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,845
Default Re: Jimmer Fredette and GF Engage in Sexual Activities

Quote:
Originally Posted by dab0yech0
http://www.terezowens.com/jimmer-fre...al-activities/

If this is true, I wouldn't be surprised. Can't let your star go down like this.


pun intended?
craigthomasb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 07:59 PM   #26
bladefd
Good college starter
 
bladefd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,363
Default Re: Jimmer Fredette and GF Engage in Sexual Activities

Can't the player transfer out to a different college if they get caught? Or is it too late into the season to transfer? Seriously, I don't understand why somebody would go to BYU if they are/were sexually active UNLESS if you are willing to abide by the rules. If you want to party, then there are other MANY different WAAAY better college than BYU around the country; why even go to BYU?

I honestly don't understand this. There are a few hundred colleges waaaay better than BYU around the country.
bladefd is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:22 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy