Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-11-2006, 11:34 PM   #346
TEXAS BATMAN
Retired.

TEXAS BATMAN has decent reputationTEXAS BATMAN has decent reputation

Gobb's such a tool. When was the last time Bush engineered a touchdown drive? Got a clutch first down? Made a momentum changing play? Tell you what...when the game's on the line, who do you look for to make plays. Drew Brees's arm, Colston as your big play receiver, or Deuce for the tough yardage? Or do you get the ball to Reggie and hope he doesn't turn the ball over dancing in the backfield or throw him a 3-5 yard swing pass. So he makes a big play every once in a while. Force the ball into his hands he's due. Westbrook, Faulk, Tiki Barber, they all get just as many receptions as this kid. Notice I said kid cuz he's not ready to get mentioned in the sentence as them.

Big game against....dam can't even remember who it was that's how terrible they were. The Dallas game impressed me. Thing is could Kerry Collins have took this Titan team and turned it around like Vince has? F#@k naw. You've become a believer in Melo. See the light with Young. We welcome you with open arms.
TEXAS BATMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 12:01 AM   #347
Xplicit
Great young streetballer

Xplicit has an OK reputation so far

2 f'in returns for TD's for Devin Hester tonight. Also broke an NFL record for return TD's tonight with 6 for the season..

They posed a great question in the booth: can you give rookie of the year to a return guy? I say why the hell not?
Xplicit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 04:21 AM   #348
raiderfan19
Shazam!

raiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Not with the year vince has had but man is that kid special. Im still thinking if i was his coach i would have to try him as a 3rd down back or a slot receiver or something. Just seems nuts not to get a guy who can do what he can do with the ball the ball more often.
raiderfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 05:10 AM   #349
Xplicit
Great young streetballer

Xplicit has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderfan19
Not with the year vince has had but man is that kid special.

Well, Vince Young isn't really competing against Hester, since technically Hester is a defensive back. So that would mean he'd be vying for defensive rookie of the year, not offensive rookie of the year. But then again, what Hester provides to the Bears are TDs and good field position, so that's pretty much offensve... isn't it? And can you give defensive rookie of the year to a guy who's a 5th string DB? Well... since there is no such thing as 'special teams rookie of the year'.......

Last edited by Xplicit : 12-12-2006 at 05:14 AM.
Xplicit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 12:07 PM   #350
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

WHY do you kick it to Devin Hester? Rams are dumb. Guy is a sick returner...doesnt do much else. Not a good CB. But the best returnman in the game. From the "U"!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXAS BATMAN
Gobb's such a tool. When was the last time Bush engineered a touchdown drive? Got a clutch first down? Made a momentum changing play?

He did it vs your team. Short memory.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 04:18 PM   #351
PromisedLand
I airball my layups

PromisedLand has an OK reputation so far

Where are they going to kick it? The only option is out of bounds on those kickoffs which means a fat penalty.
PromisedLand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 04:40 PM   #352
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by PromisedLand
Where are they going to kick it? The only option is out of bounds on those kickoffs which means a fat penalty.

35-40yd line isnt bad considering he will get it and more if you kick it to him.

How about you kick it in the endzone. The wise choice. Potential touchback, down or him trying to be hero and return it 100+yds.

Dont tell me this league suffers from kickers with weak legs.
Old 12-12-2006, 05:26 PM   #353
Pistol Pete
Who Dat? Geaux Saints!

Pistol Pete has decent reputationPistol Pete has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Yeah but that looks liek WR numbers not RB numbers. Ehh, its what the people want!

You're gonna get the dissers asking you to post his YAC to those 97 receptions. Be prepared!

I agree that it looks more like a WR numbers rather than a RB's numbers. I don't care what he does as long as he produces. He wasn't effective as a runner early on, but when you throw a pass and give him some open space, he makes things happen. He gets alot of dump passes so obviously his yards per catch won't be comparable to that of someone like Chad Johnson. We have McAllister, and he can do the downhill running, Bush is dynamic and is a definate game changer, get him some space and watch him go.

Honestly, if he finishes the season with three monster games, I bet he gets Rookie of the Year, simply because of the hype around him, not necessarily because he deserves it. I'd still give it to Marques Colston, either works for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miles berg
I am extremely embarrassed about what happened at Texas Stadium last night.

I mean, that was an old school asswhipping. They even had to knee the ball at the end to keep the score down.

Total, complete, disgusting trip behind the woodshed last night. Payton schooled Parcells and the Saints whipped us.

Thanks for mentioning this miles, I am sure the Cowboys will rebound, but that was a sweet victory. It's nice to see that you are gracious in defeat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXAS BATMAN
Gobb's such a tool. When was the last time Bush engineered a touchdown drive? Got a clutch first down? Made a momentum changing play? Tell you what...when the game's on the line, who do you look for to make plays. Drew Brees's arm, Colston as your big play receiver, or Deuce for the tough yardage? Or do you get the ball to Reggie and hope he doesn't turn the ball over dancing in the backfield or throw him a 3-5 yard swing pass.

You must have missed the game when New Orleans absolutely destroyed Dallas, "The Best Team in the NFC". Reggie makes several big plays, and had a really nice touchdown in the game against Dallas. When the game is on the line, you put the ball into Drew Brees' hands. That is possibly the worst example you could have used. When the game is on the line, the ball is always on the quarterback, you wouldn't see the Chargers running a draw to Tomlinson with 0:05 left in the game, with the ball on the 30 yard line. No, they may line up Tomlinson outside or something, but the ball will be with Rivers, even though Tomlinson is the clear leader of that team.

Just so you don't overreact, I am not comparing Tomlinson to Bush, I am just saying that the ball will always be in the hands of the player best suited to excel in that situation. The fact that Reggie Bush wouldn't have the ball when the game is on the line, doesn't disprove the fact that he has had an impact on the game. If the San Antonio Spurs were down 100-97 with 3 seconds left, they wouldn't give the ball to Duncan to shoot the three, no, they'd give it to someone who is known to thrive in that situation, for example, Robert Horry.
Pistol Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 05:55 PM   #354
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
I agree that it looks more like a WR numbers rather than a RB's numbers. I don't care what he does as long as he produces. He wasn't effective as a runner early on, but when you throw a pass and give him some open space, he makes things happen. He gets alot of dump passes so obviously his yards per catch won't be comparable to that of someone like Chad Johnson. We have McAllister, and he can do the downhill running, Bush is dynamic and is a definate game changer, get him some space and watch him go.

Honestly, if he finishes the season with three monster games, I bet he gets Rookie of the Year, simply because of the hype around him, not necessarily because he deserves it. I'd still give it to Marques Colston, either works for me.

No doubt. And Sean was smart in moving Donte because he felt Colston could replace him (liked what he saw with the kid). 7th round pick. The odds that a team has 2 ROY canidates that can potentially win the award? I cant recall of that happening before off the top of my head. Maybe it has.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: