Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-08-2011, 01:57 AM   #1
1987_Lakers
NBA All-star

1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here
Default Greatest round in boxing history?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imZaiGJgbsw

Amazing
1987_Lakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 02:11 AM   #2
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Greatest round in boxing history?

what fight was it a couple years ago some guy was losign the fight only to knock the other guy out in the last 15 seconds
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 02:16 AM   #3
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

That was a great one, but considering the hype for the fight, the greatness of the fighters and the fact that it was ROUND 1, I would nominate Hagler-Hearns.

These guys stepped out of their corners fists absolutely flying... Caution thrown to the wind.

Others I would like to mention...

Holyfield-Bowe I Round 10 (courage by Holy to the max)

Gatti-Ward I Round 9 (jesus... that was epic)

But, that Coralles-JLC round is definitely up there.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 02:21 AM   #4
1987_Lakers
NBA All-star

1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
That was a great one, but considering the hype for the fight, the greatness of the fighters and the fact that it was ROUND 1, I would nominate Hagler-Hearns.

These guys stepped out of their corners fists absolutely flying... Caution thrown to the wind.

Others I would like to mention...

Holyfield-Bowe I Round 10 (courage by Holy to the max)

Gatti-Ward I Round 9 (jesus... that was epic)

But, that Coralles-JLC round is definitely up there.

Nice. I picked up Fight Night Champion last week & still haven't done a Hagler-Hearns matchup, think I might do that soon.
Old 03-08-2011, 02:22 AM   #5
AirTupac
Mitch Kupcake

AirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers
Nice. I picked up Fight Night Champion last week & still haven't done a Hagler-Hearns matchup, think I might do that soon.

Review it please! I don't wanna waste 60 bucks.
AirTupac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 02:25 AM   #6
BallPhunk
It's all Turkododo do!

BallPhunk has a terrific reputationBallPhunk has a terrific reputationBallPhunk has a terrific reputationBallPhunk has a terrific reputationBallPhunk has a terrific reputation

Beat me to it, but...

BallPhunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 02:29 AM   #7
1987_Lakers
NBA All-star

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirTupac
Review it please! I don't wanna waste 60 bucks.

8.5/10

Graphics are amazing. online is very fun (16-4 online so far). And the story mode was surprisingly very good even though it's only five hours long.
Old 03-08-2011, 02:41 AM   #8
raiderfan19
Shazam!

raiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Tyson/Douglas round 10 deserves some mention as far as heavyweights go. Though it does get dinged because of neither being an all time great.
raiderfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 02:46 AM   #9
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderfan19
Tyson/Douglas round 10 deserves some mention as far as heavyweights go. Though it does get dinged because of neither being an all time great.
That was a very historically significant round and maybe the most shocking round in boxing history, but I like to think that the 'best' rounds are the ones that go back-and-forth with both guys getting hurt and landing great shots only to have the opponent come back stronger.

Mike simply got lambasted in that round (and in that entire fight, for that matter).
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 02:48 AM   #10
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

Great fight, but I thought the stoppage was borderline fixed.

Gatti vs Ward was the first fight that came to mind. Those guys had wars.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 02:56 AM   #11
Lebron23
GOAT Small Forward

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlxtDLPKnDA
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 03:15 AM   #12
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here

Gatti/Ward 1, Round 9 is the first one that sprang to mind. Also the first round of Hagler/Hearns.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 06:31 AM   #13
miller-time
NBA sixth man of the year

miller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron23

lol, i knew what that was going to be before i even clicked it.
miller-time is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 07:40 AM   #14
iamgine

iamgine is popular on this boardiamgine is popular on this boardiamgine is popular on this boardiamgine is popular on this boardiamgine is popular on this board

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oxdv6J9V-Q
iamgine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 07:48 AM   #15
Riddler
D-94

Riddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

Wow... that's hard to beat.
Riddler is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: