Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Old 03-03-2011, 03:08 AM   #1
RecSpecs110
Prokhorov = Badass

RecSpecs110 is considered somewhat coolRecSpecs110 is considered somewhat cool
Default ESPN hates the Nets

i'm sure most of us know that. they haven't shown any of our games for years and even opted to broadcast the likes of sacramento, indiana, etc. also, look at how they presented the melodrama, skewing it to the knicks favor almost as much as tommy heinson favors the celtics while announcing a game.

and all that was fine with me. but this is where i draw the line. according to netsdaily, the march 30th game between the nets and knicks at MSG will now be televised nationwide on ESPN replacing the pre-scheduled pacers/pistons matchup (don't know what the appeal of those two teams are).

look, we all know the knicks are much stronger than us right now and will probably win that game convincingly. so ESPN, you shut us out for all these years, barely acknowledging that the nets exist and then you pick this game at this juncture? i was excited at first, but after some thought, i see this as a way to rub it in our faces, to spread propoganda that the knicks got the better deal and that deron will leave the nets.
RecSpecs110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 03:23 AM   #2
RecSpecs110
Prokhorov = Badass

Default Re: ESPN hates the Nets

if we get dwight or another star player, and the teams are more evenly matched, then come talk.

it's easy enough to wait one week (after the knicks
beat the heat in miami and the nets lose 3 straight) just to make sure billups, carmelo, and amare have enough chemistry to keep the nets in check.

Last edited by RecSpecs110 : 03-04-2011 at 07:37 PM.
Old 03-03-2011, 02:50 PM   #3
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >

Nets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I was not too happy when I saw the news either. New York is a lot stronger right now. Currently both of their stars are healthy as well. D-Will is hurt. By March 30th maybe he won't be... but who knows.

I'm sure it was more of the fact both teams have a new superstar. I dont think it was that much of a knock. You may be over-thinking the situation
Nets fan 93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 05:44 PM   #4
knickswin
Good college starter

knickswin is popular on this boardknickswin is popular on this boardknickswin is popular on this boardknickswin is popular on this board

you're full of it. There is no ESPN bias against the Nets, if anything ESPN gave the 'Melo to the Nets story a ton more credibility than it deserved. For months they acted like it was a viable possibility. If it ever seemed like they were giving the 'Melo to the Knicks story more weight . . . well I think the results speak for themselves.

Just be happy that Deron is bringing you some attention and you can watch your game somewhere other than the YES network for once. Our first two nationally broadcast games of the season were against Boston and Chicago, but I think most people were too busy being excited about being relevent again to worry about losing to those teams on tv.
knickswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 06:46 PM   #5
RecSpecs110
Prokhorov = Badass

this was too harsh on my part, i did overreact partly because this was late last night and i wasn't in the right state of mind.

but i still stand on my opinion. as for ESPN giving the nets more credibility than it should have, what are you talking about? every time an ESPN analyst spoke, it was about how the nets had no chance at getting melo, which was not true at all. melo wanted the money for obvious reasons, if denver and new york could not come to an agreement, melo would be a net or he would have stayed in denver.

of course ESPN had to cover the nets and nuggets trade proposals, because they are facts. as skewed as they are, they cannot lie. but they had no problem stretching the truth. even when the knicks and nuggets were not talking at all in mid january, ESPN would say that they are having discussions and chris broussard would be spewing nonsense.

so i think you're full of it. just be happy that the knicks aren't a media embarrassment when they should have been fo the past decade.
Old 03-04-2011, 05:55 PM   #6
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

here's my reaction, recspecs:
i don't give a crap about the TV stuff.

the knicks will always be fool's gold, and will always get cheap TV appearances because of their media market. regardless of whether they deserve it or not. regardless if the knicks are a threat to anyone that matters. (which they'll never be under dolan / thomas)

so my best advice is- just deal with it, recspecs.

meanwhile, i guarantee you this: the knicks are going to make a whole lot of noise as long as amare and melo are signed. and at the same time, they'll never achieve anything of importance with those two... cute kids, to say it very nicely.

but to me, the sad part was that, if you're a knicks fan, amare was actually proving to be a BADASS dude that a team of complimentary players could have been built around. like... unto a championship team, possibly.

but dolan / thomas were stuck on big names and quick solutions, and now they're stuck with their extreme incompetence for years to come, having signed a basketball clown such as carmelo anthony to a ridiculously clownish and inflated contract.

thus, in the words of j. schimerman schneider-
BWA HA HA HA!

and forgive me, but i feel zero sympathy for the NY knicks. which is the same feeling i would have had if prokhy had foolishly traded for melo. i.e., that particular trade would have dissolved any allegiance i would have had towards the nets, now or in the future...

yet, remarkably, the d-will trade has turned everything around. because with d-will and the incredibly awesome brooklyn arena, and with prokhy, the nets are going to be NBA badasses in little more than a year or two.

so eat our dust, NY knicks fans... even though it's probably going to take you a year or two to recognise the actual dust that's going down your polluted throats.

which is, again... not my problem.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 05:36 PM   #7
D12"Magic"
College superstar

D12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation here

But if we win then
D12"Magic" is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: