Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 03-09-2011, 07:41 AM   #1
01amberfirewv
Serious playground baller

01amberfirewv has an OK reputation so far
Default DIII player trying to get in the dunk contest

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketb...urn=ncaab-wp65

5'11 and a 50" vert
01amberfirewv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 11:12 AM   #2
Rake2204
7-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: DIII player trying to get in the dunk contest

His dunks became increasingly innovative throughout the video. I enjoyed them.
Rake2204 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 04:29 PM   #3
mcrd101
Good High School Starter

mcrd101 has an OK reputation so far

these were impressive, but a good amount of them have been done before.
mcrd101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 06:15 PM   #4
J21
Can barely lace up my sneakers

J21 has no real reputation yet.

ok, he has hops, but honestly, can people stop it with these inane claims of 50" verticals? Nobody in the NFL nor the NBA ever recorded a 50" vertical, and those are elite athletes. Im willing to bet a D3 baller is not gonna top decades worth of draft measurements.

the dunks were ok but he can't seem to palm the ball so they look kinda weak. Decent though.
J21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 09:12 PM   #5
01amberfirewv
Serious playground baller

01amberfirewv has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by J21
ok, he has hops, but honestly, can people stop it with these inane claims of 50" verticals? Nobody in the NFL nor the NBA ever recorded a 50" vertical, and those are elite athletes. Im willing to bet a D3 baller is not gonna top decades worth of draft measurements.

the dunks were ok but he can't seem to palm the ball so they look kinda weak. Decent though.

I don't know about 50" but his feet look pretty high at 1:43. He's 5'11" and it doesn't look like he has very long arms. I know of several guys that are under 6' and can dunk but most of them can stand under the net and grab it without jumping.
01amberfirewv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 11:21 AM   #6
Rake2204
7-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I was just talking about verticals in the NBA Forum. There's no doubt this youngster can mega-rise, but I can't but think the 50'' vertical thing is an embellishment and likely not stemming from the traditional stand-still vertical measurement.

To break it down, a standing reach of 90'' is equal to 7 feet, 6 inches. If we imagined Mr. Tucker having a 90'' reach (not unrealistic) and then tacked on a standing vertical of 50'', his stand-still max reach height would be around 11 feet, 7 inches. That means, from a standstill, he would leap and touch right around the top of the white square. This doesn't sound insanely unrealistic, but I can't say he appears he'd be able to pull off these feet in accordance to these videos (even with the dasterdly and deceiving low angle shot of his one hand bounce slam at the 1:43 mark).

With a 50'' standing vert, I'd say we'd have to add about 5 inches at minimum to his standing vert number to account for his running max vert. This, again at minimum, would result in a 55'' max vert, which would take him up to the 12 foot reach mark. I did not get the feeling that this leaper could reach that point (or likely higher according to vert number). That would put his reach near Dwight Howard's.
Rake2204 is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: