Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 03-07-2011, 06:50 PM   #1
ljsbb27
Local High School Star

ljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this board
Default Importance of #1 or #2 Seed

Now that we are in possession of the 2 seed... How important is it for us to hold onto it or even move up to the top seed?

I tend to think that the Bulls don't need one of the top two seeds in order to make it to the Eastern Conference Finals, but I do believe that if we have one of the top two seeds our road to the ECF will be easier and will give us a better chance to advance for a chance at the title.

The Celtics are our greatest threat. I really think that we can beat anyone else in the Eastern Conference with or without home court advantage. I can see us beating the Celtics in a 7-game series but only if we have home court.

If we get the 2 seed and play the Sixers and then the Heat both obviusly at home I see us getting to the ECF.

If we get the 3 seed and play the Knicks and then the Heat (with them having home court advantage) I still see us getting to the ECF but I see the road being signficantly tougher with the Knicks being more of a fight than the Sixers and the Heat putting up more of a fight with home court advantage leading us to being more worn down after two competitive series.

If we get the 1 seed that would mean an ECF matchup against the C's with us having homecourt.

The Bulls have really impressed all of us fans this season, but now its time to realize our true potential. If we wouldn't have had all the injuries we'd already have the 1 seed, but I think it's still ours to take. We can make a strong push and get the top spot. We have alot of winnable games and games we should win. Let's go Bulls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ljsbb27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 09:05 PM   #2
VishaltotheG
College star

VishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsVishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsVishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsVishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsVishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsVishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these parts
Default Re: Importance of #1 or #2 Seed

I'd say we need the 2 seed to advance past the 2nd round. Homecourt is especially important to teams like the Bulls.
VishaltotheG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 11:03 PM   #3
Crystallas
Smile, you're on ISH

Crystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

1st seed is critical for us. There is a huge gap between 1st and 2nd, as far as where we finish in the playoffs. Between 2nd and 3rd, there isnt as big of a gap IMO.
Crystallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 11:27 AM   #4
DaBigReality
Kids at the park dunk on me

DaBigReality has an OK reputation so far

Trying to go for that 1st seed is vital IMO. With that we avoid facing both Heat and Celtics. So in other words, we only face one of those teams with homecourt advantage in the ECF.

But even if we stay 2 seed, the difference between that and the 3 seed is gigantic.
DaBigReality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 01:25 PM   #5
nightprowler10
Bring Back Bogans!

nightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

For a team that has a rather mediocre road record for an elite team this season, top seed is crucial for us.
nightprowler10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 02:15 PM   #6
Rose
nanu nanu

Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Top seed would be nice but I'm not greedy. I fully believe we can handle the heat in the second round. and if we make the ECF, I'll consider this year a GREAT success.
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 07:39 PM   #7
Crazy Style
Bulls official mod

Crazy Style has an OK reputation so far

Give me home court through out. Hopefully the Bulls continue with their great defense and start scoring some more as well. The game against the Celtics will be absolutley huge. Plus the Bulls can't screw up against the Hawks like they did the first time blowing a 19 point lead and losing. They verse them three more times so the biggest comeback would be to beat them the rest of the times they meet.
Crazy Style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 10:35 PM   #8
Glide2keva
NBA sixth man of the year

Glide2keva has an incredible reputation hereGlide2keva has an incredible reputation hereGlide2keva has an incredible reputation hereGlide2keva has an incredible reputation hereGlide2keva has an incredible reputation hereGlide2keva has an incredible reputation hereGlide2keva has an incredible reputation here

as of tonight we have a two game lead for the second seed. Thanks to Miami tanking,

Last edited by Glide2keva : 03-13-2011 at 05:13 AM.
Glide2keva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 10:46 PM   #9
ljsbb27
Local High School Star

ljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this board

2nd would be sufficient for us to make it to the ECF in my opinion, but with the top seed in reach why not go for it with all we got?

I think if we have legitimate shot at it and we should really focus on it.

It could come down to a game 7 in the ECF to make it to the Finals and if that game were to be played in Chicago against the Celtics than that would be a major advantage for us. We're an unbeliavable home team and we need to use that in our favor as much as possible. How much of a benefit would it be to have home court advantage all throughtout Eastern Conference playoffs? A MAJOR one.
ljsbb27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 10:02 AM   #10
Bulls_Fan20
Local High School Star

Bulls_Fan20 has decent reputationBulls_Fan20 has decent reputation
Post Re: Importance of #1 or #2 Seed

I don't think it matters if we get the 1 or 2 seed. IF we get to a game 7 against the Celtics in the ECF, I don't think it matters where we will be playing because we will be the fresher team due to our youth (and injuries to our bigs that caused them to rest half the season). I totally respect the Celtics and the way they are playing, but in a grind-it-out series against the Bulls, I give us the advantage.
Bulls_Fan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 01:12 PM   #11
tequila
Can barely lace up my sneakers

tequila has an OK reputation so far

There is a significant difference between 1st and 2nd seed. Consider the standings...

1 Seed plays - Indiana > Orlando/Atlanta
2 Seed plays - Philly > Miami/New York

The Bulls would much rather have a path to the ECF through Indiana>Orlando/Atlanta as opposed to the second scenario.
tequila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 01:27 PM   #12
97 bulls
5-time NBA All-Star

97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Obviously the 1 seed is crucial. And I hate to be a downer. But based on conventional wisdom, home court or not, its gonna be hard for the bulls to get past the celtics. Right now, I thiink the biggest concern is the bulls age and lack of playoff experience.

I just see the bulls encoutering not just the celtics, but the REFS. Young teams just get no love in the playoffs vs vet teams.
97 bulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 09:02 PM   #13
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman

tamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystallas
1st seed is critical for us. There is a huge gap between 1st and 2nd, as far as where we finish in the playoffs. Between 2nd and 3rd, there isnt as big of a gap IMO.

HCA is big esp for a young team like the Bulls and equally important IMO, is facing an 8th seed then facing prolly Orlando, the relatively weaker team and at the same time let Miami and Boston kill each other....errr slug it out in the 2nd round.
tamaraw08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 12:52 AM   #14
2010splash
Now a Cavs fan again

2010splash has a bad reputation2010splash has a bad reputation2010splash has a bad reputation

It matters. Orlando sucks and would be an easy win in round 2. They've never accomplished much outside of beating a KG less Celtics team in 7 games (would have lost in the second round had he been healthy).

Celtics are defending champs and Heat have two top 5 dominant players. Magic are just an overrated team.
2010splash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 09:33 AM   #15
ChiCity
I brick open layups

ChiCity has an OK reputation so far

we are tied for 1st seed
lets go for it
ChiCity is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: