Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-10-2011, 05:49 PM   #16
Orlando Magic
National High School Star

Orlando Magic has decent reputationOrlando Magic has decent reputation
Default Re: Michael Jordan: Derrick Rose is the MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballinhun8
I been on ISH since 2001.

Please, 9 years old my ass. You started watching bball in 2003. Go home and leave the NBA threads to the big boys now.

Right, I don't remember the Magic getting swept by the Pacers in the playoffs despite being a better team. I don't remember Nick Anderson choking 4 free throws in the closing moments in game 1 of the Finals against the Rockets. I don't remember Penny Hardaway getting traded to Phoenix. I don't remember the roster of Corey Maggette, Ben Wallace, Darrell Armstrong, Chucky Atkins, Bo Outlaw & Pat Garrity getting blown up in order to land big stars in the summer of 2000. :)
Orlando Magic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 05:53 PM   #17
hkfosho

hkfosho has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlando Magic
Right, I don't remember the Magic getting swept by the Pacers in the playoffs despite being a better team. I don't remember Nick Anderson choking 4 free throws in the closing moments in game 1 of the Finals against the Rockets. I don't remember Penny Hardaway getting traded to Phoenix. I don't remember the roster of Corey Maggette, Ben Wallace, Darrell Armstrong, Chucky Atkins, Bo Outlaw & Pat Garrity getting blown up in order to land big stars in the summer of 2000. :)

hkfosho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 05:54 PM   #18
Orlando Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkfosho

:)
Old 03-10-2011, 05:56 PM   #19
ballinhun8
Bulls | Bears | W. Sox

ballinhun8 has a near all-star reputation hereballinhun8 has a near all-star reputation hereballinhun8 has a near all-star reputation hereballinhun8 has a near all-star reputation hereballinhun8 has a near all-star reputation hereballinhun8 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlando Magic
Right, I don't remember the Magic getting swept by the Pacers in the playoffs despite being a better team. I don't remember Nick Anderson choking 4 free throws in the closing moments in game 1 of the Finals against the Rockets. I don't remember Penny Hardaway getting traded to Phoenix. I don't remember the roster of Corey Maggette, Ben Wallace, Darrell Armstrong, Chucky Atkins, Bo Outlaw & Pat Garrity getting blown up in order to
land big stars in the summer of 2000. :)

Wikipedia does wonders
ballinhun8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 05:56 PM   #20
Orlando Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballinhun8
Wikipedia does wonders

That must be it. :)
Old 03-10-2011, 07:38 PM   #21
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Kblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Orlando Magic is shogun or what?
Kblaze8855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 07:50 PM   #22
elementally morale
College superstar

elementally morale has a terrific reputationelementally morale has a terrific reputationelementally morale has a terrific reputationelementally morale has a terrific reputationelementally morale has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
Orlando Magic is shogun or what?

Yes, he is Shogon. I'm not sure how old he is, but back in 2003 he was 20, that much I can remember.
elementally morale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 08:03 PM   #23
midatlantic09
Local High School Star

midatlantic09 is a pretty well-respected postermidatlantic09 is a pretty well-respected postermidatlantic09 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkfosho

Dirk shouldn't even be in the MVP running.
midatlantic09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 08:19 PM   #24
imdaman99
Knicks all da way

imdaman99 is considered somewhat coolimdaman99 is considered somewhat coolimdaman99 is considered somewhat cool

nobody gives a shit when he says kobe is the best player in the game today, so why should we give a shit that he is calling someone on the team he used to play for the MVP?
imdaman99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 11:10 PM   #25
sh0wtime

sh0wtime has no real reputation yet.

I know the popular choice these days is Rose and i know i am gona get attacked by Rose fans now, but I have a hard time believing he is the runaway MVP when the Bulls have a below-average offense who use balanced attacks to get the job done. Boozer, Noah and Luol Deng alone outproduce for example Wade, Bosh and Chalmers or any other starting "Big 3" not including Lebron or Kobe.... Rose has help and team depth! Derrick Rose himself is not so extremly different from last year, the only significant thing is he has taken more shots and has teammates that convert.

If you look at what makes Chicago Bulls this good, the biggest reason to their wins, its not Derrick Rose. Its their defense, that team wins with its defense and Tom Thibodeau is a lot more responsible for the success on that end of the floor than Derrick Rose....

I would be perfectly fine with Derrick Rose winning it as he is right up there in my list (with Lebron & Dwight), i just dont think he is the runaway MVP, i think its extremly difficult this year, have no idea who the MVP will be, as long as one of those 3 get it.

Last edited by sh0wtime : 03-10-2011 at 11:14 PM.
sh0wtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 11:17 PM   #26
Clocian-IGN
Rip+Rose=Ripping Rose

Clocian-IGN is a pretty well-respected posterClocian-IGN is a pretty well-respected posterClocian-IGN is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by sh0wtime
I know the popular choice these days is Rose and i know i am gona get attacked by Rose fans now, but I have a hard time believing he is the runaway MVP when the Bulls have a below-average offense who use balanced attacks to get the job done. Boozer, Noah and Luol Deng alone outproduce for example Wade, Bosh and Chalmers or any other starting "Big 3" not including Lebron or Kobe.... Rose has help and team depth! Derrick Rose himself is not so extremly different from last year, the only significant thing is he has taken more shots and has teammates that convert.

If you look at what makes Chicago Bulls this good, the biggest reason to their wins, its not Derrick Rose. Its their defense, that team wins with its defense and Tom Thibodeau is a lot more responsible for the success on that end of the floor than Derrick Rose....

take rose off the bulls and you got the bucks who are the 4th best defending team yet where are they? drose IS the offense of the team. how does bogans get his open 3s(when he takes them), how does deng get his points, he's not an creator/iso player. how does booz get all those easy baskets from pick & rolls and such or korver's open 3 when rose draws the d in? when the team needs bucket or 2 to get them going who is it? and he's improved on d, the dude is leading his team
Clocian-IGN is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: