Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-10-2011, 05:29 PM   #16
griffmoney1784
Banned

griffmoney1784 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsgriffmoney1784 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsgriffmoney1784 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsgriffmoney1784 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsgriffmoney1784 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these parts
Default Re: PTI says kobe will easly become the all time leading scorer. what you say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdf1990
Can u tell them to give me the lottery numbers cuz they can see the future.

if the lottery numbers already had 4 out of the 6 drawn like kobes career points have already unfolded

then anyone could give you a reasonable guess on them too
griffmoney1784 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 05:32 PM   #17
scm5
Decent college freshman

scm5 has decent reputation
Default Re: PTI says kobe will easly become the all time leading scorer. what you say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffmoney1784
after 3 surgerys and 15 seasons

- reverse baseline double pumps http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMbUTfWmAys

- outruns lebron james http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3zzCXRiRcU

To be fair, he didn't outrun Lebron. Lebron slowed down to time the block. Lebron would easily outrun Kobe today.
scm5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 05:33 PM   #18
BoxOutBOXOUT
Banned

BoxOutBOXOUT has not been impressing people

Kobe needs about 11,000 more points to reach #1. He averages 2000+ points a season at a reasonable 25ppg. That's not taking into account additional playoffs points. I'm not sure if those are factored in as well but I assume they are, so that would be even more points per season. In any event, at that pace it'll take him 5 1/5 more seasons to reach that mark. Impossible? Hardly, as long as he stays reasonably healthy.

Now I know some will say that Kobe is going to slow down and not average 25ppg for the next 5+ years. Even with decreased production it should still only take him a couple extra years to get it. The guy's a good enough shooter and post-up player to where he can change up his role as his body gets older.

I really think Kobe will try to get this record. It'll be a huge plus in his quest to be considered GOAT. In addition to the record, I believe Kobe will take a big-time pay cut to stay with the Lakers and open up cap space to sign guys like Dwight and CP3 that will make them competitive. Kobe will gladly trade the cash for the opportunity to win a few more rings and overtake Jordan's crown.
BoxOutBOXOUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 05:37 PM   #19
griffmoney1784
Banned

griffmoney1784 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsgriffmoney1784 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsgriffmoney1784 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsgriffmoney1784 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsgriffmoney1784 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these parts

only way kobe doesnt get the record is if the lakers stop being good

i dont see kobe sticking around if the lakers become a 45 win team

as long as theyre near 50 wins... he'l play till hes 40
griffmoney1784 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 05:45 PM   #20
Jacks3
Very good NBA starter

Jacks3 has decent reputationJacks3 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxOutBOXOUT
Kobe needs about 11,000 more points to reach #1. He averages 2000+ points a season at a reasonable 25ppg. That's not taking into account additional playoffs points. I'm not sure if those are factored in as well but I assume they are, so that would be even more points per season. In any event, at that pace it'll take him 5 1/5 more seasons to reach that mark. Impossible? Hardly, as long as he stays reasonably healthy.

Playoff points are separate.
Jacks3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 06:00 PM   #21
Harion
Banned

Harion posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryHarion posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryHarion posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

he needs 5 more years to do it? thanks Kobetards. that was a good laugh.
Harion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 06:05 PM   #22
Big#50
College star

Big#50 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

Now I know some will say that Kobe is going to slow down and not average 25ppg for the next 5+ years. Even with decreased production it should still only take him a couple extra years to get it. The guy's a good enough shooter and post-up player to where he can change up his role as his body gets older.

I really think Kobe will try to get this record. It'll be a huge plus in his quest to be considered GOAT. In addition to the record, I believe Kobe will take a big-time pay cut to stay with the Lakers and open up cap space to sign guys like Dwight and CP3 that will make them competitive. Kobe will gladly trade the cash for the opportunity to win a few more rings and overtake Jordan's crown.
Jordan>Kobe
All you need is two eyes. Rings from now on are because he has the best team in the NBA. Kobe can't carry a team. He didn't do it in his prime. He is not prime anymore, he chucks but he has Gasol, Odom, Bynum to pick up his garbage. He is a top ten player but barely.
Big#50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 06:06 PM   #23
BoxOutBOXOUT
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harion
he needs 5 more years to do it? thanks Kobetards. that was a good laugh.
The guy's 5 years away from breaking the all-time NBA scoring record while you're sitting in your sh*tty Section 8 apartment waiting for your food stamps to come in so you can head to Wal-Mart for your kids' baby formula. I'm not sure who should really be laughing there, chief.
Old 03-10-2011, 06:09 PM   #24
BoxOutBOXOUT
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big#50
Jordan>Kobe
All you need is two eyes. Rings from now on are because he has the best team in the NBA. Kobe can't carry a team. He didn't do it in his prime. He is not prime anymore, he chucks but he has Gasol, Odom, Bynum to pick up his garbage. He is a top ten player but barely.
That's a load of sh*t. Jordan DIDN'T have the best team in the NBA? What teams were better? And if Kobe's on the best team in the league then it's the best BECAUSE OF him. You can't actually tell me you believe that the Lakers without Kobe are still the best team in the NBA. So what have you really said with all that nonsense? That Kobe makes his team the best in the league, just like Jordan made his. Only difference is that Kobe will have the scoring title and maybe a few more rings.
Old 03-10-2011, 06:09 PM   #25
IN-PAX-WE-TRUST
ROSE > THAN YOU

IN-PAX-WE-TRUST is starting to rub some people the wrong wayIN-PAX-WE-TRUST is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
The guy's 5 years away from breaking the all-time NBA scoring record while you're sitting in your sh*tty Section 8 apartment waiting for your food stamps to come in so you can head to Wal-Mart for your kids' baby formula. I'm not sure who should really be laughing there, chief.

lol... and the thing that makes that funny is it's true. I bet the average Kobe hater is a 35 year old virgin who's 50 pounds overweight. Jealous much?
IN-PAX-WE-TRUST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 06:10 PM   #26
ImmortalD24
Banned

ImmortalD24 has an incredible reputation hereImmortalD24 has an incredible reputation hereImmortalD24 has an incredible reputation hereImmortalD24 has an incredible reputation hereImmortalD24 has an incredible reputation hereImmortalD24 has an incredible reputation here

Yeah right..

He obviously won't make it.. not sure why some major sports media folks are so confident in him. JVG is probably the only rational guy when it comes to Kobe.

I don't see Kobe reaching Karl Malone.. forget about Kareem. There was an interview on espn 710 a few days ago (on the new max kellerman show) and Kobe stated that he'd only play as long as he's an elite player.

So I give Kobe 4 seasons max.. he would need at least 5 more injury free seasons playing all 82 and score over 22 a game to come close.. and I just don't see that happening.

Kobe doesn't gain a damn thing with that record anyways.. and he'd look pathetic playing so long just to reach that record.
ImmortalD24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 06:11 PM   #27
YouCallILose
Banned

YouCallILose has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsYouCallILose has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsYouCallILose has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsYouCallILose has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsYouCallILose has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsYouCallILose has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these parts

no chance this happens. kobe will be out of the league by 2015, and possibly sooner.
YouCallILose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 06:14 PM   #28
Jacks3
Very good NBA starter

Jacks3 has decent reputationJacks3 has decent reputation

You guys are underrating Kobe's ambition. Guy is obsessed with his legacy and All-Time place in the game and has been since he was 18. He won't stop till he gets it. And I don't think he'll ever be a role-player either. Even at 37-38 he'll be dropping 20 PPG like Jordan. He has immense skill.
Jacks3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 06:14 PM   #29
caliman
Serious playground baller

caliman has an OK reputation so far

I think he maxes out in the top 3.
caliman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 06:16 PM   #30
creepingdeath
How does my Dirk taste

creepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffmoney1784
doubt his body holds up... too skinny. too tall.. he would have to add 80 pounds and become a post up player...

kobe is getting away with it because hes 6-6 and only 200 pounds. even with his declining athleticism hes still quick enough to blow by people at times.

i doubt durants 6 foot 10 frame at 32 years old will be able to blow by perimiter players of the future
What the f*ck are you talking about? More bulk doesn't necessarily help you prolong your career. And post-up play? The kind of game style that puts your body at extreme risk? Durant's a jumpshooter first and foremost, which is a GOOD thing for his longevity.
creepingdeath is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: