Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 03-13-2011, 09:08 AM   #1
00playboy00
I brick open layups

00playboy00 has an OK reputation so far
Default why are we still booing?????

Vince, t-mac, bosh, anyone else we still for not wanting to stay on a losing team?
00playboy00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 09:24 AM   #2
Dr.Funk
Decent college freshman

Dr.Funk has decent reputationDr.Funk has decent reputation
Default Re: why are we still booing?????

What Vince did is the worst thing you can do in sports.

He quit on his own team!
Dr.Funk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 09:42 AM   #3
00playboy00
I brick open layups

00playboy00 has an OK reputation so far

what im trying to say is the past is the past we cant be booing vc he put us on in the tdot...all the young players coming when we they talk about the raptors they talk about vc beasting in the dunk contest. im saying we can hate on him all we want but if you ask me vc should get some recognition for what he did for us. and put the past bs behind us
00playboy00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 07:35 PM   #4
T-Low
College superstar

T-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat cool

I only booed VC the season that it happened. Now that it is years later, I have absolutely no reason to.
T-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 08:08 PM   #5
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Low
I only booed VC the season that it happened. Now that it is years later, I have absolutely no reason to.
Same. As a matter of fact I didn't even boo him I just didn't like him. I still feel the exactly the same now as I did back then though. I like and appreciate him for the early days, and I disdain him for the way he exited. Either way I feel nothing now when he comes back, it's been way too long and he's no longer a star player in this league.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 07:51 AM   #6
FCardelle
High School JV MVP

FCardelle has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00playboy00
Vince, t-mac, bosh, anyone else we still for not wanting to stay on a losing team?
How would be a team with those three players in their primes a losing team?
I mean, you couldn't know McGrady was to be so injury prone.
FCardelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 09:22 AM   #7
keantona
I hit open 5-footers

keantona has decent reputation

Vince is a prick, he deserves all the shit he receives after he betrayed and humiliated the team the way he did.

Bosh doesn't deserve to be booed, he just left.

McGrady, it's hard to care either way any more.
keantona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 09:53 AM   #8
Harrison_Barnes
Local High School Star

Harrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I don't boo any of them when we play them.
Harrison_Barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 11:54 AM   #9
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The thing about T-Mac is that we really had nothing much to boo him for. He didn't quit on us at any point and he played hard and well for us. Only thing I didn't like for him was how he pretty much acted like he wanted to come back but then left us high and dry and talked later as if there was no possibility of him wanting to stay. Either way though, I never booed T-Mac and in fact I always cheered for him to get out of the 1st round (which unfortunately never happened). I liked T-Mac a lot more than Vince, I can tell you that much.
Old 03-14-2011, 02:33 PM   #10
Reef
College star

Reef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes15
The thing about T-Mac is that we really had nothing much to boo him for. He didn't quit on us at any point and he played hard and well for us. Only thing I didn't like for him was how he pretty much acted like he wanted to come back but then left us high and dry and talked later as if there was no possibility of him wanting to stay. Either way though, I never booed T-Mac and in fact I always cheered for him to get out of the 1st round (which unfortunately never happened). I liked T-Mac a lot more than Vince, I can tell you that much.

Exactly. Bosh kind of did the same thing with not being clear about his intentions with free agency. It was pretty obvious that he didn't plan to stay well before free agency started, but I put the blame on Colangelo for just sitting on his hands.

If I was BC, I'd just tell the player, "either you commit now or I'm going to trade you", just like what happened with Melo and Deron Williams. Look at Denver: they ended up with pretty much a new starting lineup of solid young players (Felton, Gallinari, Chandler, Mozgov), while Utah got a decent point guard (Harris), a solid prospect (Favors), and 2 potential top 10 picks. What did we get? James Johnson, our own pick back, and a TPE that we probably won't use. We also got a conditional 1st rounder for McGrady.
Reef is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 03:04 PM   #11
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation

Bam. Exactly. Boo Colangelo when he pops his head out from the team entrance/exit during games.
Chamberlain is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 03:13 PM   #12
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Toni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamberlain
Bam. Exactly. Boo Colangelo when he pops his head out from the team entrance/exit during games.

He's starting to make the right moves..
Toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 03:30 PM   #13
bokes15
Playoffs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni
He's starting to make the right moves..
He's making the moves he HAS to make at this point. I'm pretty sure he knew he couldn't pawn off that whole "vision" thing based on how the season is going so he needed the only other angle he could possibly use which was "potential/rebuilding" which quite honestly should've been started last year.
Old 03-14-2011, 03:33 PM   #14
bokes15
Playoffs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reef
Exactly. Bosh kind of did the same thing with not being clear about his intentions with free agency. It was pretty obvious that he didn't plan to stay well before free agency started, but I put the blame on Colangelo for just sitting on his hands.

If I was BC, I'd just tell the player, "either you commit now or I'm going to trade you", just like what happened with Melo and Deron Williams. Look at Denver: they ended up with pretty much a new starting lineup of solid young players (Felton, Gallinari, Chandler, Mozgov), while Utah got a decent point guard (Harris), a solid prospect (Favors), and 2 potential top 10 picks. What did we get? James Johnson, our own pick back, and a TPE that we probably won't use. We also got a conditional 1st rounder for McGrady.
I completely agree, I said the same thing and many people met it with opposition saying things like "who were we gonna get for Bosh anyways?" The fact of the matter is, telling Bosh commit or else would force his hands and take away all that power he had. Sure he could say, "i'll make it more difficult for you to trade me by saying I won't sign an extension" but then he'd definitely be having to sacrifice his 6th year which was not something he wanted to do. Then he probably would've had to do what Melo did which is to say "Ok, I want to go to one of these 3 teams. Get me there and i'll co-operate." Yes, at the end of the day we'd still be in rebuilding mode, but we'd have a lot more to work with.
Old 03-15-2011, 11:44 PM   #15
kmart
No props needed

kmart has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes15
I completely agree, I said the same thing and many people met it with opposition saying things like "who were we gonna get for Bosh anyways?" The fact of the matter is, telling Bosh commit or else would force his hands and take away all that power he had. Sure he could say, "i'll make it more difficult for you to trade me by saying I won't sign an extension" but then he'd definitely be having to sacrifice his 6th year which was not something he wanted to do. Then he probably would've had to do what Melo did which is to say "Ok, I want to go to one of these 3 teams. Get me there and i'll co-operate." Yes, at the end of the day we'd still be in rebuilding mode, but we'd have a lot more to work with.

I think a lot of credit has to be given to Carmelo as well. He said to the management of the Nuggets that he was not going to re-sign in Denver and he made his point clear. In the end it worked out to everyones benefit as the Nuggets got some pieces to build around and Carmelo got to where he wanted to be. The way Bosh handled the situation wasn't great and hasn't worked out for anyone as hes crying in Miami. Maybe says something about Carmelo's character and questioning Bosh's.
kmart is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: